Beef Nuggets are flavorfully beefy fried meatballs made using a mixture of ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and parmesan. Coated in all purpose flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs for an extra crunch. All molded then fried into golden brown beefy nuggets that are chock full of flavor served with a side of honey mustard dip. Try out this Yummy Kitchen version of beef nuggets!
How to make this Beef Nuggets recipe?
Looking for a nice filling main dish? While some might see beef nuggets as fast food. Making this at home with fresh ingredients makes it healthier and easy to customize. An easy to do homemade delicious dish that just needs a few steps to make.
Here is how you can make these breaded beef nuggets: Create a base mixture of ground beef, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, paprika, and parmesan. Mold these using your hands to your choice of shape-a simple nugget, or for kids, a heart, star, or even a character using a mold. Dredge the nuggets into flour then beaten eggs to make it easier for the breadcrumbs to stick all around the nuggets. After doing these for all the nuggets, keep them in the fridge for a few minutes to an hour to help keep it’s shape better when frying. Prepare a pan with enough oil, heating it till you can see small bubbles at the bottom. Deep fry the nuggets till it looks crisp and golden on all sides. Serve it hot with a side of honey mustard dip.
Different types of nuggets?
- There are a lot of ways to enjoy this nuggets recipe, if beef isn’t readily available you can choose to use other grounded meats to create other versions like: pork nuggets, fish nuggets, or chicken nuggets. Simply use the recipe down below and replace the amount of ground beef with your choice of meat.
- For those interested in adding the sauce to make “teriyaki beef nuggets” simply use premade teriyaki sauce or a mixture of ⅓ cup of soy sauce, mirin, sake, and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar mixed in a pan, simmering till it has a sauce like texture. Make sure this has thickened before placing in the fried nuggets, tossing these around till the nuggets are all covered with the sauce.
For those who prefer healthier nuggets:
- Add bits and pieces of veggies like carrots, potatoes, green peas or any vegetable into the beef mixture to add more fiber. This recipe makes it easy to hide vegetables from veggie hating kids.
- Try cooking the beef nuggets in the oven (preheated at 180°C or 356°F). Place these in a tray lined with parchment or foil. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes on each side, flipping till one side turns golden.
- Or cook beef nuggets in an air fryer. Similarly to the oven version but try to check these every 10 minutes, flipping on each side till everything looks golden.
Beef NuggetsCourse: Main, Snacks
- For the Nuggets
1/2 kilo ground beef
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup parmesan
1 cup all purpose flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup bread crumbs
- For the Sauce:
1/4 cup mayo
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, combine beef and seasonings such as onion powder, pepper, paprika, salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese and mix until well combined.
- Get a portion of the seasoned ground beef. Using your hands, mold these into the shape and size you want.
- Dredge in all purpose flour, dip in a beaten egg mix, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to a tray, cover with cling wrap before chilling in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a pot with enough oil for frying. Once hot, deep fry nuggets until golden in color. Do this by batches.
- Once cooked, take these out of the pan and place the nuggets over a kitchen towel or strainer to remove any excess oils.
- To make the honey mustard dip, combine mayo, mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve the nuggets with the sauce and enjoy!
Other Yummy ground beef Recipes!
- Jollibee Spaghetti
- Baked Penne Pasta
- Beefy Tomato Soup
- Beef Lasagna or this Beef Lasagna (no-oven)
- Picadillo (a traditional Latin dish with FIlipino flavors)
- Microwave Meatballs
- Beef Ampalaya
Beef Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dip Resipi: (Tagalog version)
Mga Sangkap :
Para sa Nuggets:
- 1/2 kilo giniling na baka
- 2 kutsaritang onion powder
- 1 kutsaritang garlic powder
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- 1 kutsaritang paprika
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- 1/4 tasa parmesan
- 1 tasa all purpose flour
- 1 itlog
- 1 tasa bread crumbs
Para sa Sarsa:
- 1/4 tasa mayo
- 2 kutsarang mustard
- 2 kutsarang honey
- 1 kutsarang balsamic vinegar
Paano Lutuin :
- Sa isang mangkok, ihalo ang giniling, onion powder, paminta, paprika, asin, at garlic powder, at parmesan cheese. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Kumuha ng bahagi ng himalong karne. Gamit ang mga kamay hulmahin ito sa hugis na gusto mo.
- Idredge sa all purpose flour, pagkatapos ay isawsaw sa binati na itlog, at takpan ito ng breadcrumbs.
- Isalin sa trey, takpan ng plastik baho palamigin sa ref ng 30 na minuto.
- Maghanda ng kawali na may mantika pang prito. Pagmainit na ito, iprito ang mga nuggets hanggang mukang golden ang kulay.
- Pagnaluto na ito, tanggalin sa kawali at ilugar sa kitchen towel o strainer para mabawasan ng labis na mantika.
- Para magawa ng honey mustard na sarsa, haluin ang mayo, mustard, at balsamic vinegar.
- Ihanda ang nuggest kasama ang sauce at ienjoy!
Beef nuggets aren’t just deep fried ground beef nuggets. This Beef Nuggets recipe is an easy to make delicious lunch, dinner, or even snack idea that is easy to customize from its regular nugget-like shape molded into interesting characters, to the flavor or even choice of meat.