Microwave Meatballs are made by cooking meatballs made with ground beef, onions, breadcrumbs, ketchup, cubed cheese, egg, pepper and salt, in a microwave. This microwave meatballs can be done in just 7 minutes and is packed full of flavor and cheese, that the only thing you need to make sure of is that you’ve cooked a lot of rice. Try out this nice easy recipe to enjoy anytime of the week or even in the weekends.
How the meatball was created
Meatballs are described as ground meat with or without seasonings and additives like egg, breadcrumbs or vegetables like onions, garlic and the like is then formed into a ball, which will then be cooked using methods like steaming, baking, frying, or braising in soup or sauce. The term meatballs is coined and used for any meat and meatless versions that are grounded and formed into small bite sized balls. While it’s unclear where the first meatball came from, there are a lot of places that the meatballs we now know and are familiar with are derived from. For example many believe that the meatball came from Persia invented the meatball known as ‘kofta’, which was made using leftover meat. It’s innovative idea then spread to China and the Middle East through trade. While some believe that Ancient Romans created this dish evidenced by the ancient Roman cookbook ‘Apicius’. While there are may variety of meatballs like the Chinese version since the Qin dynasty around 221 BC to 207 BC from the Shangdong cuisine, this cooking style of making balls by using meats from fish, or pork aside from beef seasoned with sweet and sour sauce or flavored with chives, onions, soy sauce, and more common Chinese seasonings, with North African and Middle Eastern versions that use lamb as their choice of meat, to Swedish meatballs served with cream sauce, there are an unlimited version of meats, sizes, methods and flavors of meatballs that are being added ever since it’s been made.
While the list of meatball recipes multiply with many making they’re own version. Adding cheeses in the middle of the meats, sauces, or other surprises to keep the meatballs more unique and interesting, to using different meats like beef, pork, a combination of both, lamb, chicken, and many more, to mixing these with vegetables like onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, and sometimes even chestnuts, or other filler like items, seasoned with herbs like basil, thyme, rosemary, cumin and other flavoring that you like, form Chinese styled meatballs you can find at hotpots, grilled meatballs covered with a thick white cheese sauce, to the famous and iconic Italian meatballs.
Italian meatballs were actually not mixed in with pasta. They were separated and eaten as a first course. It was an American remake that meshed the pasta and meatballs together. This stand-alone dish was called ‘polpettes’ served sauce-less and is small in size. They typically are made with equal portions of bread and meat like turkey, lamb, beef, or fish, with other additions like eggs and vegetables. Depending on which region you are the local ingredients used to make meatballs can vary. Italian immigrants brought the idea of meatballs in America in which adapted the recipe to suit each person’s budget restraint. Meat in America back then were inexpensive which made fore bigger sized meatballs and to bulk the meal further added pasta with sauce made of canned tomatoes, showing the innovativeness and resourcefulness. Thus the pasta with meatballs was created.
How can you make Microwave meatballs in just a few minutes?
In this meatball recipe you just need to prepare and mix the beef, vegetables, and extra adhesives like eggs and bread, form them into a ball, ready to be placed in the microwave for a few minutes, you can even heat up the rice or add them together in a separate container with the meatballs to have them ready at the same time. Add any sauce like tonkatsu, ketchup, or barbeque sauce to add more flavor or keep them simple with just rice, meatballs, and a tall glass of iced tea.
Spend more time relaxing rather than the kitchen with this easy pea-sy all so tasty meatball dish. Make and freeze these ahead, and pop them in the microwave or pan anytime you want for a flavorful meaty dish that’s ready in just a few minutes.
Microwave meatballsCourse: Beef Recipes, Easy Meals
Try this quick dish for tired days
500 grams ground beef
1/3 cup onions (chopped)
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup ketchup
1/3 cup cubed cheese
½ or 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare a bowl and mix the beef, onions, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, ketchup, cheese, and mix well.
- Add an egg and mix well. The egg becomes an adhesive to keep the mixture sticky.
- Take a spoonful and roll this into a ball. Smaller balls can cook faster.
- Place these in a microwavable plate. Heat this in the microwave for 4 – 5 minutes. Microwaves have different temperature settings; make sure that the beef has changed to a light brown color inside before serving.
- Drizzle with ketchup or tonkatsu sauce before serving.
- Keep these in an airtight container to freeze. This keeps well in the freezer for 2 weeks to a month. Make sure to thaw them for 5 – 10 minutes or so before placing in the microwave.
Microwave meatballs recipe (tagalog)
- 500 gramo ground beef
- 1/3 tasa sibuyas (tadtad)
- 1 tasa breadcrumbs
- ¼ tasa ketchup
- 1/3 tasa hati hating keso
- ½ o 1 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- 1 itlog
- Maghanda ng mangkok at ihalo ang ground beef, sibuyas, breadcrumbs, asin, paminta, ketchup, at keso.
- Lagyan ng itlog at haluin ng mabuti. Kailangan nito ng itlog para maging madikit ang mixture.
- Kumuha ng isang kutsara ng mixture at iporma ng pabilog. Alalahanin na mas mabilis lutuin ang maliliit na bola.
- Ilugar ito sa plato na pwede imicrowave. Initin ito sa microwave ng 4 o 5 minuto. Dahil iba iba ang temeratura ng mga microwave, siguraduhing maypagka kayumanggi na ang kulay ng loob nito bago ihanda.
- Lagyan ng ketchup o tonkatsu sauce bago ihanda.