If you’re a fan of banana bread, I bet you’re also going to love this one. Banana cheese balls are small balls of sweet banana-flavored bread with a surprise ooey gooey cheese inside! The creamy and cheesy flavor and sweet fruity banana is the combination you never thought you’d like. Ripe or unripe, transform your bananas to this amazing snack. Best eaten with a cup of hot tea or coffee in the afternoon. Try one today!
BANANA CHEESE BALLS
When I discovered how to make potato cheese balls, I began starting trying out other starchy food as the snack ball base. I have been preparing some minatamis na saging and kamote lately and it hit me. Bananas and cheese? I need to know if they would work out.
Banana bread is one of the most famous bread variants in a local bakery. Before I tried out these banana cheese balls, I had really clueless on how will the banana and cheese combo taste like. So I bought some banana bread and added some cheese spread just to have an idea. And hmmmmm.. interesting. With no second doubt, I immediately tried out these banana cheese balls.
Everything turned out so good and trust me when I say banana cheese balls are addicting! The sharp and creamy taste of the cheese perfectly matches the sweet and fruity flavor of the outer layer. If you also want to try this recipe out, simply follow the easy steps below. Your kids will truly love this!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CHEESE BALLS
If lakatan banana were the usual ones used in banana bread, let’s try making our banana cheese balls using the saba bananas. Ripe or unripe, both will make wonderful banana cheese balls. Let me share you a hack on how to use unripe bananas and make them yummy.
In this recipe, I used semi-ripe banana simply because those were the ones available. These unripe bananas are a bit harder when compared to the ripe ones. The goal of boiling is to make them soft for mashing. Boil the bananas with the peel on. We do not peel them beforehand as they will get mushy when cooked. They might scatter in boiling water and goodbye.. your banana is gone. To make your bananas soften faster, I made some slits on the peel just to allow some water to enter the banana. It took me around 15 minutes to cook my bananas. If you’re using ripe bananas, there is no need to boil them. Just use them as it is.
Place your bananas in a bowl and then mash. Add the dough ingredients to form a sticky dough. If you are using ripe bananas, beware on the amount of sugar since the ripe ones are sweeter ones. Prepare your arms for a little arm work in this step. Knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth. If you have tried making any type of cheese snack balls, you will more likely be familiar with the following steps.
Scoop a dough, roll into a ball, flatten, add cheese inside and then roll into a ball again. As simple as that. Roll them into coatings before frying to ensure that crispy crust. After frying the banana cheese balls, they are ready to serve.
Some versions I see do not coat their banana balls before frying and just roll them in sugar after. You can try that too! Happy cooking!
Banana Cheese Balls
This Banana cheese balls recipe will show you how to make Banana cheese balls for your family. Banana cheese balls is one of the great snacks that can be made easily and quick. This Banana cheese balls recipe will show you how to make Banana cheese balls with steps by step. Enjoy your days
Banana Cheese BallsCourse: Easy Meals, Snacks
½ kilo banana (saba)
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ cup powdered milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water (or milk)
cheese (cut into cubes)
1 large egg
1 cup bread crumbs
oil (for frying)
- Place your bananas in a pot and fill with water. Cook the bananas for 15 to 20 minutes using medium heat.
- Drain the water and let the banana cool enough to handle.
- Peel the bananas and transfer them to a bowl. Mash them until smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar and powdered milk. Mix to combine and form a dough.
- Use your hands to knead the dough. Add water or milk and knead until you form a sticky dough.
- Scoop some dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten it and place a cheese cube inside. Close the dough and roll it into a ball again. Do these steps with the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare beaten eggs on one plate and bread crumbs on the other. Dip each banana cheese ball on egg and then coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat a lot of oil in a pan and deep-fry the balls until golden brown. Transfer them to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Transfer the banana cheese balls in a serving plate and enjoy!
Banana Cheese Balls Recipe (TAGALOG)
- ½ kilo saging (saba)
- ¾ tasa ng harina
- ½ tasa ng powdered milk
- 1/3 tasa ng asukal
- 2 kutsara ng tubig (o gatas)
- cheese (hiniwa ng cubes)
- 1 malaking itlog
- 1 tasa ng bread crumbs
- mantika (pang-prito)
- Ilagay ang mga saba sa kaldero at lagyan ng tubig. Lutuin ang mga saging ng 15 – 20 minuto gamit ang katamtamang apoy.
- Alisin sa tubig at palamigin ang mga saging.
- Balatan ang mga saging at ilipat sa bowl. Durugin ang mga ito hanggang maging smooth.
- Ilagay ang harina, asukal at powdered milk. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang maging dough.
- Masahin ang dough gamit ang mga kamay. Lagyan ng tubig o gatas at masahin hanggang maging sticky dough.
- Kumuha ng isang kutsara ng dough at i-roll ng ball. I-flatten ang ball at maglagay ng cheese cube sa loob. Isara ang dough at i-roll ulit ng ball. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang ingredients.
- Magbati ng itlog at ilagay sa isang pinggan. Sa isa pang pinggan, ilagay ang bread crumbs. Isawsaw ang mga balls sa itlog at i-coat ng bread crumbs. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang balls.
- Magpainit ng maraming mantika at ideep-fry ang mga balls hanggang maging golden brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Ilipat ang mga banana cheese balls sa isang serving plate at enjoy!