Sweet Potato Fritters is made by deep frying sweet potato stripes after coating it with a batter made by all purpose flour, milk, sugar and salt. Sweet Potato Fritters or Kamote Maruya is also known as Kalingking. Follow this recipe to make this Sweet Potato Fritters in your home in your budget.
Sweet Potato Fritters Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Sweet potatoes (kamote)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (fresh or evaporated milk)
- 3 tbsp. sugar (more for sprinkle)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine flour, milk, sugar and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes. Then, cut into strips. After cutting, put in the flour mixture and coat it well.
3. Heat oil in the pan. Scoop a mixture with sweet potato strips and form into circle. Fry both sides until golden brown.
4. Right after frying, sprinkle with sugar. you may also spread some margarine in the fritters before sprinkling sugar.
This sweet potato fritters recipe will guide you step by step to make delicious sweet potato fritters for your family. Sweet potato fritter is a popular tasty dish and pinoy people love it. This Potato fritters recipe is simple and easy to make. Try it enjoy.