Banana blossom patties are scrumptious patties made by frying a pattie mixture young banana blossom, flour, eggs, omopm, garlic and pepper. it is very popular in Philippines. To make your burgers healthier, try these amazing no-meat banana blossom patties, can make your burger experience an extraordinary one. Try the banana blossoms patty burger today!
PUSO NG SAGING PATTIES
If you have tried our puso ng saging balls, you will surely love this another amazing banana blossom recipe. Banana blossom patty is the new trend in vegetarian cooking. Aside from the usual ginisang puso ng saging, these banana blossoms are now incorporated to more and more usual dishes like burgers, meatballs and many more. It can be used in a lot of vegetable dishes or use as a meat alternative, as used in this recipe.
I have some vegetarian friends from which I learn new veggie ideas. One of the dishes is this banana blossom patties. I really like preparing veggie dishes especially for my nieces and nephews. They all eat vegetables but they some of them were picky eaters in some occasions especially when not familiar with the food.
We have some banana plants outside our backyard, and our banana blossoms are simply harvested rather than bought from the market. No dish is better than one prepared from freshly-harvested ingredients. Harvest time for banana blossom is rare so I prepare banana blossom dishes only when it is available.
I served ginisang puso ng saging once to my nieces and nephews but they only ate a little. So for the next banana blossom harvest time, I made sure to make them eat and enjoy a lot of banana blossoms. One of my vegetarian friends told me to hide the blossoms in a patty and serve them as a burger. And with that idea, I came into this recipe.
I served my banana blossom patties to my nieces and nephews and they didn’t even notice the taste difference. One of them even added two patties in his burger! If your child is a picky eater or simply do not want to eat vegetables, using this recipe is a great hack.
HOW TO MAKE PUSO NG SAGING PATTIES
Making puso ng saging patties is very easy. All you needed to do is to prepare the banana heart and fingers and the rest of the steps are smooth. To prepare the banana blossom, start by cutting the ends near the stalk. Also, remove the red layers. These are the matured ones. They are not advisable to use since they are dry and a bit chewy when cooked.
While removing the red layers, you might notice some small banana fingers. Do you know that these are super baby bananas? Yes! These are what your favorite bananas look like before they grow into the yellow ripe fruit you know. You can include these banana fingers in the patties or use them in other dishes like paksiw.
Once you have reached the white layers or the young part of the banana blossom, remove the core. This will much be easier when you slice the blossom into quarters to reveal the core. Simply slice the core out and your banana blossom is done. Banana blossoms darken quickly so make sure to soak them in water while cutting.
Boil these banana blossoms and fingers. Then, chop them into small bits. If you’re dealing with a large batch, I suggest using an easy chopper to make things easier and faster.
After this step, you may use the bits like any other ingredient of a regular patty. Take note to squeeze the liquid out of the bits before using so your patty mixture will not be flowy. To make the patties, simply combine all ingredients into a bowl and then fry them in small patties. Your fried puso ng saging patties is done. Enjoy your banana blossom patties with a bed of hot steaming rice. Make sure to serve a dipping sauce on the side!
I like these patties best in burgers. To make a banana blossom burger, simply toast a big bun and arrange some fresh tomatoes, lettuce and onions in it. Add your banana blossom patties and your burger is done! You can make as many layers as you want! Banana blossom burger tower sounds really great!
Puso ng Saging PattiesCourse: Filipino Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
1 medium-sized banana blossom
½ cup flour
1 medium-sized onion (minced)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper to taste
oil (for frying)
- Chop the ends of the banana blossom and remove the matured layers. Slice the banana blossom into quarters and remove the core. Soak them in water including the banana fingers.
- Heat a pot with water and place the banana blossom and fingers. Boil them until soft and tender.
- When soft, drain the water and transfer the banana blossom and fingers in a container and let it cool a bit.
- Chop them into small thin bits. When done, squeeze the liquid out by pressing them against a strainer.
- Transfer the banana blossom bits in a large bowl. Add the garlic, onions, salt, pepper and flour. Mix them well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add in the patty mixture. Mix until well-combined.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Scoop a spoonful of the patty mixture into the pan. Flatten into patty shape and then fry until golden brown. Flip to cook the other side. Transfer to a strainer o paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat these steps with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the puso ng saging patties in a serving plate. You may eat it with a bowl of hot steaming rice or use as a burger patty. Enjoy!
Banana Blossom Burger Patties Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 puso ng saging
- ½ tasa ng harina
- 2 itlog
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 5 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- asin at paminta
- mantika (pang-prito)
- Hiwain ang dulo ng puso ng saging at alisin ang magulang na layers. Hiwain ang puso sa apat at alisin ang core. Ibabad sa tubig kasama ang banana fingers.
- Magpainit ng tubig at ilagay ang puso at banana fingers. Pakuluan hanggang maging malambot.
- Kapag malambot na, alisin ang tubig at ilipat ang mga ito sa lalagyan para lumamig ng konti.
- Hiwain ang mga ito sa maliliit na piraso. I-squeeze ang liquid gamit ang strainer.
- Ilipat ang puso at banana finger bits sa isang malaking bowl. Ilagay ang bawang, sibuyas, asin, paminta at harina. Haluin ng mabuti
- Batihin ang mga itlog sa hiwalay na bowl bago ilagay sa mixture. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Kumuha ng isang punong kutsara ng patty mixture at ilagay sa kawali. I-flatten ito saka iprito hanggang maging golden brown. Baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side. Ilipat ang mga ito sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang ingredients.
- Ilagay ang patties sa serving plate. Pwedeng gawing ulam sa kanin o gawing burger. Enjoy!