Liver Steak is fried pork liver in soy sauce, minced onion, minced garlic, calamansi juice and butter. It is cooked in the same way as bistek tagalog. Pork lever steak is healthy, tasty food that you can cook very easily for you family. This lever steak is wonderfully presented and great in flavoured dish that you cant help but wonder why you didn’t want to try them in the first place.
Health benefits of Pork liver
Pork liver is a bit healthier than other animal livers. The pork liver has fewer fat and calories, with similar protein content as beef liver. Having a lower carbohydrate to lamb liver. These like many other livers are a great source of nutrients, Vitamin A that is important for eyesight, organs like kidney and heart function, Vitamin B12 helps with the formation of red blood cells and SNA, B2 or Riboflavin is needed for cellular development and helps turn the food to energy, B9 or Folate is a nutrient that supports cell growth and formation of the DNA. Iron, which is important for women especially for those who are menstruating, Iron carries the oxygen around the body. Copper activates enzymes and regulates energy, metabolism and brain function. Choline found in lover is also great for liver function and brain development. Liver more known for the being a great source of protein which not only supports and repairs the cells, but also provide the essential amino acids, help with weight loss, boost metabolism, and build muscle as well as protect from muscle loss.
Pork liver like may other animal livers are highly nutritious, according to a published 2018 article while liver isn’t commonly consumed especially in the United States, fine dinning has made it popular using the liver for dishes like sweet bread and pate and foie gras. Truly depending on where you are and what recipe your about to try, the liver is an ingredient that can shine through, all you need to find a recipe that will suit your taste, or hide it into a dish and make it presentable. But no matter what after the dish has been made and tasted you can’t help but find yourself admiring the outcome, how creamy and delicious liver can be.
Why try to do this Liver recipe?
This pork liver recipe is a nice entryway to liver dishes, its quick simple, and flavorful. To start with, make sure the liver are clean with running water and strained. You can also tap them with a kitchen towel to make sure they’ve dried to avoid any splatters when you add them into the oil later. Prepare a pan at medium to high heat, heat some oil and add the liver in, frying the liver beforehand can help remove any bad smells or gamey taste the liver may have. Fry the liver just till these have all changed in color, take them off the heat to cool down and make the sauce. Melt butter in the same pan; add a bit of oil and sauté the onions before the garlic to avoid the garlic from burning. Add back the liver and mix it well with the garlic and onions, mix these with some calamansi to remove any leftover smells and just gives it a fresher taste, soy sauce as a substitute for salt as well as give you that umami taste, add some water to avoid anything ingredient from burning. Have a taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook these for a few minutes together, top with some more onions for a bit of that crunch and cook these for a bit if you’d like. take it off the heat and serve.
Get ready for this delectable Pork Liver Steak dish that you’d be surprised as how yummy you can actually make this simple and nutritious ingredient.
Pork Liver SteakCourse: MainCuisine: Filipino
A simple, easy and delectable way to enjoy pork liver
Oil for frying
½ kilo pork liver
1 large onion (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ cup soy sauce
4 – 6 tablespoons calamansi juice
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons butter
- In a pan at high heat, heat some oil, and add the pork liver. Cook these till they’ve changed in color. Once both sides have changed in color, take these off the pan.
- In the same pan, melt some butter and add a bit of oil. Add in half the onions and cook till these are translucent, add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Place back the cooked liver into the pan; pour in the soy sauce, calamansi juice, and water. Cook this for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the remaining onions and cook these for 2 – 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
This liver steak dish is sometimes called ‘bistek’ which is like a shot vertion of ‘beef steak’ but with liver as a alternative. This is a dish that only needs 7 ingredients or less to make, a dish that only needs oil for frying, the main ingredient, pork liver, aromatics like garlic and onions, savory flavors from the soy sauce, freshness from the citrusy calamansi, and smooth richness from the butter. Follow this quick and easy recipe and enjoy the liver flavor and texture better with this delicious liver dish.
Pork Liver Steak recipe (tagalog)
- Mantika pang prito
- ½ kilo pork liver
- 1 malaking sibuyas (hiwahiwa)
- 3 butil ng bawang (tinadtadd)
- ¼ tasa soy sauce
- 4 – 6 kutsarang kalamansi juice
- ¼ tasa tubig
- 2 kutsarang mantikilya
- Sa kawali na may malakas na init, initin ang mantika at ilagay ang pork liver. Lutuin ang mga ito hanggang magiba ng kulay. Pag naluto na ang bawat gilid, tanggalin sa kawali.
- Sa parehong kawali, tunawin ang mga mantikilya at lagyan ng konting mantika. Lagyan ng kalahating sibuyas at lutuin hanggang maganinag, samahan ng bawang at lutuin ang mga ito ng 30 segundo.
- Ibalik ang nilutong pork liver sa kawali; ibuhos ang soy sauce, kalamansi juice, at tubig. Lutuin ang mga ito ng 8 o 10 minuto.
- Lagyan ng asin at paminta panlasa. Dagdagan ng natitirang sibuyas at lutuin ang mga ito ng 2 – 3 minuto. Patayin ang init.
- Ihanda at mag-enjoy!