Pizza fries are made by assembling fried potatoes, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni in pizza sauce and fry it lightly to make a pizza of fried snacks. This Pizza Fries recipe delicious, savory, cheesy snack combo is so good that you might just get a little bit obsessed with.
Why are fries so addicting?
With so many options in the menu, as well as sides aside from fries. Why do we still choose the French fries? That’s because fries are just so good! After once piece you can’t help but eat more till you’ve wondered where it all went. This may be because of the salt content in a fry that releases dopamine, a chemical in the brain that stimulates the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction. Starches in the potatoes are what we find it ingredients like pasta, bread, rice, and other items that have flour in them. starchy dishes have a certain taste or feeling, the combination of starch like potatoes, salt, the usual flavoring for fries, and fat the oil where you fry them in, creates a wonderful mouth feel that you ant help but love. One reason why we love fries is because we love the smell of it. Good food taste even better when the aroma that hits you isn’t just nice but gives you the feeling of anticipation that the food you’ll be eating will taste as good. One more reason why people find themselves eating fries is that it’s just so affordable and convenient. From picking it up in a drive through window, getting take out, buying frozen fries to be refried, deep fried, baked, or air fried at home anytime to fix your cravings.
Fry combos and Pizza Fries
While many say French fries may be bad for you, it really depends on making it yourself straight from the root crop sliced to the shape of a fry. Compared to fries you get from fast food chains and stalls where they add a generous amount of salt and sometimes even sugar, or use oil that’s been used to fry a lot of fries repeatedly and or are made of lard or fat, which doubles the cholesterol. While eating fries is okay once in a while, there should be limitations or try making simple fries similar to the recipe below to have a healthier option. The fries seasoned with salt, other common flavorings like garlic, cheese, wasabi, and may other flavorings, or topped with other cheeses or cheese mixes to make them into nacho fires like poutine or chili cheese fries. These fries are usually eaten as a side to your main dishes on lunch and dinner, or just an afternoon snack by itself, sometimes even in the movie theater or movie night at home. In fact a lot of countries have their own way of enjoying fries Belgians and French where the fries are eaten with their own snacks with a side of sauces from mayonnaise, ketchup, aioli, curry mayonnaise, peanut sauce, tartar sauce, and other garnish and sauce combinations. Spain has big shaped potatoes that are boiled then fried and seasoned with spicy tomato sauce and served as a tapa, or an appetizer or snack. Germany serves the fries with ketchup or mayonnaise and is popularly served with currywusrt a sausage with a spiced ketchup sauce with a dusting of curry powder. And many more countries and people enjoying the fries to their liking, with many variants and styles served and presented around the world, becoming trends or they next dish to try or make at home.
Who can deny a freshly fried batch of fries? With a topping of cheesy tomato goodness? No one. Absolutely no one! Try this pizza fries recipe to snack on and be absolutely amazed by the flavor.
Pizza FriesCourse: Snacks, Sides
A seriously delicious cheesy fry combo
3 large potatoes
1 small white onion
1 medium sized green bell pepper
1 can (198g) mushroom pieces and stems (strained)
2 packs (115g) pizza sauce
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 pack (220g) pepperoni
1 cup mozzarella cheese
salt to taste
- Clean the potatoes before cutting them into ‘batons’ or French fries. Place them in cold water after cutting to avoid oxidation (turning brown). Set aside.
- Cut the onions into rings or vertical slices, cut the green bell pepper in half, taking out the seeds then slicing it to smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the pizza sauce, chili flakes, and basil leaves. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them using a clean towel.
- In a pan at medium heat, add oil and fry the peperoni. Take it off the heat once they’ve browned.
- On the same pan, add the onions and bell pepper, mix and add the mushrooms. Cook till everything has softened. Sprinkle a pinch of salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a new pan add around 2-3 cups of oil for deep-frying. Wait until it heats to 330°F or 165°C. add in the potatoes and deep-fry for 12 minutes. You can do this by batches.
- Once it turns a into a light brown color, move the fried into a container with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In a pan at low heat, melt the mozzarella cheese.
- To assemble; arrange the potato fries over a plate, spread the pizza sauce over, top with the vegetable mix, then the pepperoni, and finally the melted cheese.
- Decorate with the remaining toppings, as you like. And serve!
- Make sure to wipe any leftover water from the potatoes in step 4 to avoid the oil from reacting and splattering when frying.
This recipe is very versatile, from changing your choice of cheeses, cut of the fries, to how you want your tomato based sauce to be. Make it your own by adding more seasonings like oregano, paprika, or combining cheeses like cheddar and mozzarella, topping feta or parmesan over the pizza fries to make them even more impactful looking. Using other meats like ham, hotdogs as an alternative for peperoni. Do as you like and use this recipe as a base to make your own version of the ‘perfect’ pizza fries.
Pizza Fries recipe (tagalog)
- 3 malaking patatas
- 1 maliit na puting sibuyas
- 1 katamtamang laking berdeng bell pepper
- 1 lata (198g) kabute na piraso at tangkay (sinala)
- 2 pakete (115g) pizza sauce
- ½ kutsaritang chili flakes
- 1 kutsaritang basil leaves
- 1 pakete (220g) pepperoni
- 1 tasa mozzarella cheese
- asin panlasa
- Linisin ang mga patatas bago hiwain ng pa ‘baton’ o paFrench Fries. Ilgay sila sa malamig na tubig pagkatapos hiwain para maiwasan ang pag kaoxidation (pagiging kayumanggi). Itabi.
- Hatiin ang sibuyas ng pabilog o pahaba, hatiin ang bell pepper ng kalahati, tanggalin ang mga buto-buto at hatiin ng maliliit na piraso.
- Sa mangkok, haluin ang pizza sauce, chili flakes, at basil leaves. Itabi.
- Salain ang mga patatas at tuyuin gamit ang malinis na twalya.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng mantika at lutuin ang peperoni. Tanggalin sa init pag nagkayumanggi.
- Sa parehong kawali, lutuin ang sibuyas at bell pepper at haluin ang kabute. Lutuin hanggang malambot ang mga gulay. Wisikan ng kapiranggot ng asin at itabi.
- Sa panibagong kawali, lagyan ng 2-3 tasa ng mantika pang prito. Hintayin hanggang may init ng 330°F o 165°C. ilagay ang mga patatas at iprito ng 12 minuto. Pwede ito gawin ng magpangkat.
- Pag nagkayumanggi ng konti ang kulay nito, ilipat sa lalagyanan na may paper towel para masipsip ang sobrang mantika.
- Sa kawali na may mababang init, tunawin ang mozzarella cheese.
- Ayusin ang mga fries sa plato, ikalat sa itaas ang pizza sauce, lagyan ng mga gulay, at peperoni, at sa huli ang tinunaw na mozzarella.
- Dekorasyunan ng natitirang sahog at ihanda!