Can’t afford to buy roasted chicken outside? Then this is the sign to make some at home! Check out this roasted chicken recipe which only need a regular pan to make. All your favorite savoury and umami flavors, all capture in the crispy and tender pan roasted chicken thighs.
PAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS
Since my childhood days, my idea of a fried chicken was any chicken which looks like a chickenjoy. I only wanted chicken with a crispy skin and a crispy coating. (It was really yummy tho!). And now that I’m an adult, I then started to appreciate chicken which are served on it’s natural look (no coating). My love for these type of chicken intensified when I tried different restaurants like Max’s Restaurant, Kenny Roger’s and Classic Savoury which served really good roasted chicken.
As your foodie buddy, I am always on my way in creating restaurant-style food in the home to share it with you. I came to this recipe when I created an adobo for lunch, and then fried some for dinner.
So with this recipe, we are not just marinating the chicken in order to incorporate the flavor. We will be simmering them in the flavorful liquid for a long time to make sure that all the flavors are captured by the chicken. And then, we pan roast it.
What I love about this dish is that you don’t need an oven or a grill to make some. When you have a pan, then you can make one!
I mostly use chicken for this recipe but you can also try this with pork and beef. If you wanna know how to make pan roasted chicken thighs, read and follow the simple steps below.
HOW TO COOK PAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS
With just the name of the recipe, you can already have on idea on how to prepare this roasted chicken. As mentioned, all you will be needing is a regular pan.
The first step we should do is putting flavor into the chicken before roasting. Do this by making some slits in the chicken (so the flavor will be absorbed much better), and then simmering it first in a flavorful liquid until it becomes tender. Aside from the usual seasonings, I used some lemon soda in this recipe for some fruity sweetness to it.
When the chicken pieces are braised wonderfully and are now tender, it’s resting time! Yup, not yet roasting. Let us allow the chicken to rest so that the skin will become a bit dry so it can be much crispier for later.
Once rested, it’s roasting time! Simply fry the chicken pieces in shallow oil until the outside is crispy and golden and color.
The last step is getting your big bowl of hot rice and devour this super yummy and crispy pan roasted chicken thigh! I usually make some gravy with this but the chicken is actually already enough for me to have 2 bowls of rice! Yum!
Pan Roasted Chicken ThighsCourse: Uncategorized
1 kilo chicken leg quarters
7 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (chopped)
¼ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
250 mL Sprite (or any lemon soda)
- Wash and prepare the chicken leg. Make some slits on the meat using a knife.
- Arrange the chicken in a pan. Add the minced garlic, onions, soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, salt, pepper and lemon soda. Mix the ingredients well.
- Heat the pan using low to medium heat. Cover the pan and let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, flip each chicken to cook the other side. Cover the pan and cook again for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn the heat off. Remove the chicken from the pan and let it cool and dry in a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Heat some oil in another pan and fry the chicken. Flip to fry the other side. Once both sides are brown and crispy, it’s ready! Transfer them to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place the pan roasted chicken to a serving dish and serve it with some hot steaming rice and gravy. Yum!
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 kilo ng manok (leg at thigh)
- 7 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa)
- ¼ tasa ng toyo
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- 1 kutsarita ng durog na paminta
- 2 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1 kutsara ng suka
- 250 mL Sprite (o kahit anong lemon soda)
- Linisin at ihanda ang mga manok. Lagyan ito ng hiwa gamit ang kutsilyo.
- Iayos ang mga manok sa kawali. Ilagay ang bawang, sibuyas, toyo, suka, oyster sauce, asin, paminta at lemon soda. Haluin ang mga ito ng mabuti.
- Painitin ang manok at mixture gamit ang katamtamang apoy. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 20 – 25 minuto.
- Pagkatapos ng 25 minuto, baliktarin ang mga manok para maluto ang kabilang side. Takpan ang kawali at lutuin ito ng 20 – 25 pang minuto.
- Kapag luto na ang manok, patayin ang apoy. Alisin ang mga manok sa kawali at hayaan lang muna ito ng ilang minuto.
- Magpainit ng konting matika at iprito ang mga manok. Baliktarin ang mga ito para maluto ang kabilang side. Kapag brown at crispy na ang mga ito, kainan na! Ilipat ang mag ito sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Ilagay ang pan roasted chicken sa serving dish at ihain ito kasama ng bagong saing na kanin at gravy. Enjoy!