Have you ever wondered if your favorite mango float or refrigerated cakes could turn out to be a creamy, delectable ice cream roll? Is this possible? It is possible with this recipe. I am so excited to share this recipe with you that this recipe turned out so good without any catastrophes. This recipe doesn’t need any expensive ice cream maker or churn to make this recipe. Simply chill all the ingredients, including some of your tools, to make this simple recipe a success. This ice cream rolls will beat the heat any summer, but this will surely not only be your favorite summer treat, but it will be an all year round. This dessert will make you feel amazing and make you and your friends and family want more. It’s certainly one of the best comfort desserts you’ve ever had.
WHAT IT IS MANGO ICE CREAM ROLLS?
Mango ice cream rolls are just like your favorite mango float or refrigerated cake. The ingredients are all the same, but they vary only in the method of making them, and they’re both fantastic desserts as the mangoes are too delicious. You know from the name itself that it includes mangoes and graham crackers. This combination is very popular in the Philippines as it is used in the famous Mango Float dessert. Everyone here in the Philippines looooves Mango Float. All was so perfect – the texture, the sweetness and the creaminess of the ice cream. It’s great if there’s a lot of chopped mango in this recipe that’s something to bite with. Try making this ice cream roll recipe, it’s just amazing!
HOW TO MAKE MANGO ICE CREAM ROLLS?
Making this ice cream recipe does not require expensive ingredients or even expensive ice cream makers, or is also called churn. You can easily buy the ingredients from any local store anywhere in the world. There are only four ingredients that you need to make this satisfyingly, scrumptiously, and the creamineeeeeeeeeess of this ice cream roll. All you need is a well-cooked All Purpose cream, what I mean is that it should be stored properly in the refrigerator overnight, not in the freezer as it produces more water on your cream… so avoid storing your creams in the freezer. Besides all the cream, we also needed evaporated milk, condensed milk, a lot of chopped fresh mangoes, yes, a lot of fresh mangoes, because I really love mangoes, who doesn’t like mangoes anyway? everybody loves it… and crushed grahams. It’s a very simple process.
The best method to achieve the creaminess of your ice cream roll is to chill well your mixing bowls and whisk from your mixer for at least 15 minutes. In this process, your chilled all-purpose cream will not easily warm it up and will not liquefy your cream unless you’re working in a completely air-conditioned room. If you’ve ever forgotten to chill your mixing bowl, the other way I’m going to do is to have a bowl full of ice cubes and then put the mixing bowl on top of the ice cubes. Make sure your mixing bowl is entirely clean and dry. After chilling our mixing bowl, we’re going to start whipping our chilled all-purpose cream until it doubles its size.
When the cream has doubled in size, we add the evaporated milk and half or all of the condensed milk. With condensed milk, this will depend on your preferred sweetness for your ice cream rolls. I would recommend that you first add half of your condensed milk and try to taste it first to see if the sweetness of your ice cream rolls is enough or needed to add more. Add the evaporated milk and the condensed milk to the whipped cream and add the sliced fresh mangoes. You can add as many as you can. Just use a rubber scraper or a spoon to mix and combine the mangoes well. Just don’t overmix it, as it could make your cream melted.
After mixing the cream mixture, let’s start preparing the molder to shape our ice cream into a roll-cake shape. Prepare a plastic ice bag and a rubber band and tie it to one end. The size of the bag will depend on how large or small you want, and then we’ll place the ice bag in a cup. In this process, it’s going to help us easily fill the ice bag with our cream mixture. Slowly pour the cream mixture into the ice bag, filling it enough that we could still tie the other end properly. Don’t over fill it up. After filling the ice bag, tie the other end with rubber band around properly. Once properly tied, place it inside the freezer in a standing position. This will help you mix well and uniformly distribute the chopped mangos. Flip it every 3 hours until it’s completely frozen. Freeze it for five hours.
For the best result of ice cream, freeze it overnight. Now our cream mixture is fully frozen, prepare a baking sheet or any container where you can roll the ice cream easily with crushed graham. To get the best result, first chill your baking pan before rolling your ice cream to a crushed graham. Roll is as fast as you can before the ice cream rolls melt away. After rolling your ice cream with crushed grahams, wrap it with a cling wrap or aluminum foil and store it in a freezer for about an hour. Make sure to remove the cling wrap or foil first before serving. And there it is! Our perfect mango ice cream rolls. It’s so easy and simple, but it’s a feeling of satisfaction from its creaminess and scrumptious roll of ice cream. Enjoy!
Mango Ice Cream Rolls
1 pack 250ml All-purpose cream (chilled)
1 big can 380ml evaporated milk
1 big can 390g condensed milk
2 cup diced mangoes
1 to 2 cups crushed grahams
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream using an electric mixer until it almost doubles the size. Add the evaporated milk and a half can or whole can of condensed milk. Whip until everything is fully incorporated.
- Add the diced fresh mango to the cream mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare an ice bag and a rubber band then tie it on one end. This helps make a “flat” end. Place the plastic on a cup to make it easier to fill. Add the mango cream to the ice bag. Make sure this is filled fully with extra space for tying.
- Once filled, tie the other end. Place inside the freezer on a standing position to help mix the mango evenly. Flip it over every after 3 hours until completely frozen. Freeze it for 5 hours or overnight for better frozen result.
- On a baking sheet, spread 1 to 2 cups of crushed grahams. Remove the ice cream from the plastic mold. Roll the ice cream until cake is fully coated with grahams.
- You may roll it in cling wrap or foil and place it again in the freezer and freeze it for an hour. Remove the wrap or foil before serving. Take a slice of it and enjoy!
- Make sure all ingredients are chilled well beforehand.
- It’s better to chill your baking pan well before rolling the ice cream to the crushed graham. This will help prevent your ice cream from melting quickly.
- You may use any other type of fruit or flavoring for this ice cream roll recipe.