Mango float is a Filipino dessert made with all purpose cream, condensed milk, honey graham crackers, ripe mango and is topped up with crushed graham crackers and sliced ripe mango. Mango Graham float is a proud Philippine dessert, a very easy yet highly presentable-looking cold treat to make your family feel extra special. Follow our recipe to make the best mango float for your family.
Mango Graham Float
Mango Graham Float is by no doubt the Filipino’s go-to recipe in terms of quick and yummy dessert to impress the guests. It is an ice-box cold dessert with ingredients of layered ladyfingers or mango graham with thick creamers and ripe carabao mango (or more fruits) as fillings. It is chilled for hours until it changes into this chewy-soft ice cream-ish texture.
I don’t know about you but whenever I see a Mango Graham Float on our table, my mood is automatically uplifted. Since it had became one of Filipino’s favorites, it makes me feel that I am home.
For me, the best Mango Graham Float has this perfect balanced sweetness in it.
That is the reason why I prefer my mango graham be topped with overloads of sweet ripe mango slices that the entire top will not leave any spaces for white creams. Great, I’m already craving for it..
How to Make Mango Graham Float
Filipinos love Mango Graham specifically because with just a few ingredients and very easy instructions, you can make an affordable delicious and refreshing cold cake. Graham crackers is the most common and convenient substitute for ladyfingers or broas crackers on making this float. Aside from that, creamers and fruits are the only remaining ingredients.
To make one, start by beating thoroughly the all-purpose cream and condensed milk in a big bowl. Whip it until it forms soft peaks and gets double in texture. Then, layer the crackers in a glass baking dish followed by scoops of the whipped cream and mango slices. Repeat the process for another one to two layers. Finally, top the Mango Graham Float with more mango slices and crushed graham crackers for a more presentable look. Chill for at least 6 hours or better, overnight. Cut a portion for yourself quickly before it gets snatched away!
Mango Float Recipe
The below Mango float Recipe will show you how to make most delicious mango float for your loved ones. This is the best mango float recipe available in internet, yet it is very simple and easy. This recipe will guide you step by step to make the best ever mango float you ever had
Mango FloatCourse: Desserts
2 cans/packs all-purpose cream (chilled overnight)
1 can condensed milk (chilled overnight)
1 pack honey Graham crackers
1 kilogram chopped ripe mango
- For the toppings: (optional)
Crushed graham crackers
- Prepare the ripe mangoes. Cut into tiny pieces or slices. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the chilled all-purpose cream using a high-speed hand mixer. Whip until double in size. Then, add the chilled condensed milk. Whip until well-blended. Set aside.
- Prepare a container to arrange the mango float. Arrange a layer of Graham crackers then spread a ⅓ scoop of the whipped cream. Place a third cup of chopped mangoes distributed evenly all over. Repeat the process for the next top 2 layers.
- Now, if available you can top the mango float with crushed graham crackers and sliced mangoes.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight before cutting into slices. Get a plate to enjoy this cold and yummy dessert with your loved ones!
- You can use heavy cream or whipping cream as alternative for all-purpose cream. No need to chill if whipping cream will be used.
- To keep the cream as stable as possible, chill the mixing bowl and the mixer whisk ahead of time before making mango float. Keep the temperature low will keep the cream from deflating.
- To soften the graham crackers, you can also dip it in milk for a second before arranging in the tray.
- To make the cream taste more mango, add a drop of mango flavor while whipping.