Ice Scramble is really sweet and mouth watering sweet dish popular Philippines. This recipe will involve a lot of crushed ice though. Prepare your jackets and let’s make some homemade ice scramble! Another best thing for this sweet chilly treat is when you choose your toppings, the sky is the limit! Super exciting!
Every birthday celebration, dirty ice cream is always a must on the menu. It is affordable, tasty and sweet! Just enough to cleanse the palate after some lechon and lumpiang shanghai. But since our Manong Toto (where we get our ice cream) changed locations already, we had to look for a new supplier.
I have been scrolling in Facebook for a while, looking for a new dirty ice cream supplier when I passed through one ice scramble seller. Ice scramble has always been a part of our afternoon merienda, especially during the summer time. Since we cannot have dirty ice cream for our birthdays, why not have ice scramble, right? My first instinct was to look for the ice scramble recipe because I firmly believe that it is very easy to make.
And I was right! Before the birthday celebration of my tito, I practiced making a small batch of ice scramble. Luckily I have a small cooler for that. It was pretty easy and so, another celebration dessert was born. No need to order because we are going to make at home!
We started adding the DIY ice scramble at parties now. Since then, the kids at the party are too excited for the ice scramble. Just like a buffet, I presented all the possible toppings you can put in the ice scramble. Stick ohs, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, powdered milk, nata de coco, small tapioca pearls and many more. What more can you ask for? Even I became too excited to make my own cup!
If you wanna know how to make some ice scramble, follow the quick and easy steps below. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE ICE SCRAMBLE
Disclaimer: Making this dessert is super chilly, you might need a jacket! (Because I did.)
Making the ice scramble is super easy, especially the the ice scramble powder is instant and is ready to mix. Note that you need a cooler or a coleman in doing this dessert since the ice melts too fast. Our goal is to keep the temperature stable as we finish the ice scramble.
For every 1 kilo of ice scramble powder, you need 6 to 7 kilos of crushed ice. It is better to make a large batch than a small batch, honestly. Simply mix the ice and the ice scramble powder. And it’s done!
You are very free to choose your own toppings. The ones I added in the ingredients list are the most common ones and are the best to put. Enjoy your ice scramble!
Ice ScrambleCourse: Desserts, Filipino Recipes, For Business Recipes
7 kilos Ice (crushed)
1 kilo Scramble powder (pink) Injoy strawberry
- For toppings:
Rainbow candy sprinkles
- Crush around 7 kilos of ice. Fill half of the cooler and then add the ice scramble powder. Then, add another layer of crushed ice.
- Grab your electric mixer and mix the ice. Add more ice scramble powder and crushed ice and then mix. Continue mixing until you get a slightly thick liquid consistency.
- Prepare your toppings. Grab a cup and then pour some chocolate syrup on the side. Scoop some of the ice scramble mixture into the cup and then add the powdered milk, candy sprinkles, marshmallows and more chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Ice Scramble Recipe (TAGALOG)
- yelo (dinurog) around 7 kilos
- Scramble powder (pink) Injoy strawberry
Para sa toppings:
- Chocolate syrup
- Strawberry syrup
- Rainbow candy sprinkles
- Rainbow marshmallows
- Powdered milk (skimmed milk)
- Magdurog ng madaming yelo. Punuin ang kalahati ng cooler saka ilagay ang ice scramble powder. Saka lagyan ng isa pang layer ng yelo.
- Haluin ang mixture gamit ang electric mixer. Maglagay pa ng maraming ice scramble powder at yelo. Haluin lang ito hanggang maging malapot.
- Ihanda ang toppings. Kumuha ng tasa at lagyan ng chocolate syrup ang mga gilid. Punuin ito ng ice scramble at saka lagyan ng powdered milk, candy sprinkles, marshmallows at marami pang chocolate syrup. Enjoy!