Crispy Garlic Butter Chicken Wings is made by frying chicken wings after dredging in a mixture of all purpose flour, garlic powder, pepper and salt, then sautéing in a sauce made by butter, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper. The buttery garlic sauce will truly make you lick the chicken thttps://www.library.illinois.edu/ias/sacollection/sa_countries/hrough the bone. Prepare your chicken bone graveyard already!
THE GARLIC AND BUTTER COMBO
Garlic is one of the base aromatics in every Filipino (or SouthAsian) dish. It has a unique pungent and earthy flavor and gives off an intense aroma which makes every dish 100 times better. Even some oil infused with garlic will make the egg fried rice extra yummy.
Butter is a dairy product which, aside from being used as a bread spread, is usually used instead of oil for fried and sauteed dishes. You’ll know a dish is “yayamanin” when it uses butter instead of oil. What makes butter stand out is its unique buttery and dairy aroma and flavor.
These two ingredients are just some of the top tier ingredients in the food world. When combined together, these two makes the great dishes.
Garlic butter combination has been one of the best flavors in town. It is usually made into a sauce which is the poured over steaks or a dipping sauce or a meat coating. Even a bread flavor!
CRISPY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN WINGS
Chicken wings are one of the best all day snacks. One reason for this is that there is an infinite sauces you can coat them or sauces to dip them on. Experimenting with sauces is super fun, not unless you have suprise visitors at home.
It was a regular Tuesday for us and we will be having chicken wings for our afternoon meryenda. It was a long discussion on what sauce I will be making, but we ended up with mango jalapeno sauce. We even had a spin the wheel for this! I was about to make this sauce from scratch since I want to use the freshest ingredients but some suprise visitors suddenly came. It was out titas and titos from another faraway province. Good thing I have just finished double frying the chicken wings.
I started thinking of the easiest sauce I can make but would not look like it is rushed. Garlic butter sauce came to my mind and within just minutes, I was able to make a super awesome coating for my chicken wings.
If you wanna know how to make some crispy garlic butter chicken wings, read and follow the simple steps below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
Making this crunchy snack is super easy and straightforward. Start by gathering the freshest chicken wings you can get. You can get this from the meat section of the grocery and in the market. Try to smell the chicken before buying. If there is no smell, then it is definitely fresh. Wash and clean them, and make sure there are no feathers left.
Let’s marinate the chicken wings first before anything else. Make the batter by combining the salt, pepper garlic powder, flour and water. Adding the garlic powder will intensify the garlic flavor inside and out. You can add other herbs and spices if you like.
Now, let me share with you one of the greatest hacks for a crispy chicken wing. The chicken coating would be the cornstarch. You might be surprise that we are not using flour for this one. The difference between the cornstarch and the flour is that the cornstarch is purely starch while the flour is not. The starch is what makes the chicken crispy. This is why you might have encountered other chicken recipes using the combination of flour and cornstarch as the coating.
Fry the chicken wings in deep oil. Let them rest for a while. Another hack is to double fry the chicken wings until fully golden brown in color. This may take up to 10 to 12 minutes but the extra waiting time is super duper worth it. Let the chicken wings be at rest and aerated for a while. The extra oil in the chicken will dry, making the chicken extra crispy.
The last part of this recipe is the very simple garlic butter sauce. This sauce is simply made by infusing the garlic flavor in the butter by sauteing, but of course, we’ll do it in an extra way. Aside from this, I added soy sauce and brown sugar in the sauce for a more umami flavor and some hint of sweetness. Adding them is optional but is highly recommended. Just remember not to cook the butter for a long time since the buttery aroma also “evaporates” after quite a time.
Simply toss the crispy chicken wings in the garlic butter sauce. Alternatively, you can just serve them separately and use the sauce as a dip.
I papak them or have it with some hot steaming rice. I usually make extra garlic butter sauce to pour some on my rice. Yum!
Crispy Garlic Butter Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken Recipes
1/2 kilo chicken wings
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cornstarch (for coating)
2 tablespoons of butter
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
Pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the chicken wings. Put them in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the all purpose flour and water. Mix until well combined. Let this marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the cornstarch. Coat each chicken wing with the cornstarch. Shake off to remove the excess. Do these steps with the rest of the chicken wings.
- Heat a lot of oil in a pan. Deep fry the chicken wings using medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Do this in batches.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, strain the chicken wings and let them rest for a few minutes.
- For a crispier chicken wings, double fry them using high heat for 2 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- For the garlic butter sauce, melt some butter in a pan. Add the garlic and saute for a few minutes until aromatic. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, some pepper and water. Mix until well combined. Allow it to simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced and thick.
- Add the crispy chicken wings to the pan and toss gently to coat them well with the sauce.
- Transfer the crispy garlic butter chicken wings to a serving plate and garnish them with some freshly chopped spring onions. Make papak or have this as an ulam or a pulutan. Yum!
Crispy Garlic Butter Chicken Wings Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1/2 kilo ng pakpak ng manok
- 1/2 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta
- 1 kutsarita ng garlic powder
- 1/4 tasa ng harina
- 1/4 tasa ng tubig
- 1/2 tasa ng cornstarch (pang coating)
- 2 kutsara ng butter
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 kutsara ng asukal na pula
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng toyo
- Ihanda at hugasan ang mga pakpak ng manok. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang bowl at timplahan ng asin, paminta at garlic powder. Ilagay ang harina at tubig. Haluin ng mabuti. Imarinate ito ng 30 minutes.
- Sa isa pang bowl, ilagay ang cornstarch. I-dip sa cornstarch ang bawat pakpak. Medyo ishake ito para maalis ang sobrang cornstarch. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang pakpak.
- Magpainit ng maraming mantika. Ideep fry ang mga pakpak gamit ang katamtamang apoy ng 10 – 12 minuto. Gawin ito ng batches.
- Pagkatapos ng 10 minuto, alisin ang mga pakpak sa kawali at hayaan muna sa lalagyan.
- Para mas maging crispy, idouble fry ang mga pakpak gamit ang malakas na apoy ng 2 minuto hanggang maging golden brown ang kulay.
- Para sa garlic butter sauce, tunawin ang butter. Ilagay ang bawang at igisa ng ilang minuto hanggang maging light brown. Ilagay ang toyo, asukal na pula, konting paminta at tubig. Haluin ng mabuti. Hayaan itong maluto hanggang lumapot ang sauce.
- Ilagay ang mga pritong pakpak sa sauce at haluin para malagyan lahat.
- Ilipat ang crispy garlic butter chicken wings sa serving plate at lagyan ng spring onions sa ibabaw. Papakin, samahan ng kanin o gawin itong pulutan. Yum!