An easy instant gratification in the form of a chocolate cake! This 4 ingredient chocolate mousse recipe makes a creamy, rich and balance dessert that you can do in just a few minutes!
Chocolate Mousse History
Choco mousse can be considered a summer staple, or a cake and ice cream hybrid. The name ‘Mousse’ is a French word meaning ‘froth’ or ‘foam’. This is because the first known mousse was made using egg whites, or cooled cream that needed to be whipped to incorporate air bubbles and turn it into a ‘whipped’ or light and fluffy texture. This delectable treat was known as ‘mayonnaise de chocolat” created by a post-impressionist painter named Henri Toulouse-Lautrec in the 19thcentrury. He was a person who liked to dabble into the culinary world by creating dishes, one which we see as a classic after dinner dessert, he chocolate mousse.
The Chocolate mousse came into the market in 1892 in the United States at a Food Exposition. This became even more popular in the 1930’s when instant pudding mixes became popular. Mousse is known to be a light and fluffy or dense dessert with a rich chocolaty taste. The usual components are gelatin used to stabilize the mousse, cream, cocoa or chocolate, topped and garnished with fruit, chocolate chips, syrups, or decorative flowers. More modern mousses incorporate different flavors from liquid or powdered flavorings like vanilla, ube, cherry, strawberry, and may more, to even liquor. Some are even piped into pastry shells or into fruits. There are also newer savory components such as meat, fish, cheeses, or vegetables. But the more commonly found mousse is still a dark chocolate mousse that’s whipped and chilled in the fridge and enjoyed as an after dinner dessert or cold afternoon snack.
Is this 4 ingredient chocolate mousse easy to do?
There are days where the idea of making a whole cake may need quite an effort and time to make. This chocolate mousse recipe is an easy to do dessert that only needs time to chill before taking a bite of! The base is easily made with Fudgee barrs, the fillings with chilled whipped cream and melted chocolate. Decorated to show the 3 layers and topped with chocolate chips for décor.
Try this creamy whipped dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings!
Choco Mouse (with just 4 ingredients)Course: Cake Recipes, Desserts
A creamy whipped chocolate-y dessert for lazy days.
7 – 10 pieces of Fudgee Barr
2 packs all purpose cream (chilled overnight)
1 & ½ cup any chocolate
1 & ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
Chocolate chips (optional)
- For the base; mash the Fudgee Barrs and till it gets mushy and feels easy to form.
- Prepare a normal round pan or removable base pan, cover the side with foil or parchment before adding removable base back. Place the base; flattening and leveling then set this aside.
- For the cream; whisk the cream till it looks fluffy or almost double the size. Separate it into half. The other half can be added into a piping bag with any star tip.
- For the chocolate base; in a new bowl, add chocolate and butter together and microwave this for 30 – 35 seconds. Mix till it looks smooth. Add this to the other whipped cream half, folding or whisking till there are no white streaks left.
- Place the chocolate base on top of the Fudgee barr base. Let this chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Take this out and pipe the cream to cover the whole top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Chill in the fridge if needed or cut a slice out to enjoy!
- Use a smaller or taller pan to make a thicker cake.
- When using a plate instead of a pan, make sure to fold the sides with foil to make the sides. You can also fold the foil to make it sturdier.
Choco Mouse with just 4 ingredients (tagalog)
- 7 – 10 piraso ng Fudgee Barr
- 2 packete all purpose cream (chilled overnight)
- 1 at ½ tasa ng kahit anong tsokolate
- 1 at ½ mantikilya na walang asin
- Chocolate chips (opsyonal)
- Para sa pambabalng latag, imasa ang Fudgee Barrs hangang mukha itong mabilis iporma.
- Maghanda ng madalas na ginagamit na kawali o pwede ding gumamit ng kawali na may natatangalan na pambaba. Lagyan ng parchment o foil sa gilid nito bago ibalik ang natatangal na pambaba. Lagyan ng Fudgee Barr at pindutin pababa at itabi.
- Para sa crema; batihin hangang magdoble ng laki. Ihiwalay sa kalahati. Ilagay ang isang kalahati sa piping bag na may kahit anong bituin na tip.
- Para sa tsokolate na patag; sa panibagong tasa, haluin ang tsokolate at mantikilya at initin sa microwave ng 30 o 35 na Segundo. Haluin hangang magmukhang makinis. Idagdag ito sa kalahati sa creama, tiklupin o batihin hangang wala nang mga puting kulay na makikita.
- Ilugar ito sa ibabaw ng Fudgee Barr na ibaba. Palamidin sa ref ng 30 minuto o 1 oras. Ipipe ang ibabaw ng crema hangang matakpan ito, wisikan ng chocolate chips kung gusto.
- Palamigin sa ref kung kinakailangan bago hiwain at kainin!