Mango Tapioca is a Filipino dessert made by mango, all purpose cream, evaporated milk, condensed milk and tapioca pearl. If you are a mango lover, refresh yourself with some fruity mango madness! with this scrumptious Mango Tapioca desert, that will cool your body and make your mind happy. This chilled tropical drink is milky, sweet and fresh to the taste and feeling. Best if you want something fruity for the day
The heat is really so init, can we still beat it? It is super draining and all I wanted to do is to drink drink drink the whole day. Aren’t we all thirsty?
My mom used to say, “If you’re thirsty, drink cold water.” Although water truly is the best thirst quencher, of course, I also wanted to enjoy cold beverages aside from water. Most people resort to soft drinks when they felt a hint of thirst. But with high sugar associated to soft drinks, we might need to have some second thought before slurping a big glass of it.
Searching for new drinks I can try this summer, I came across an article which says that tropical, sour and citrus fruits are the most refreshing ones. We are lucky to be living in the Philippines since we have an abundant of tropical fruits available here. One of the most famous ones are the mangoes.
Mango has been used in a wide range of beverage types like juices and shakes. Its tropical vibes makes it one of the best summer drinks together with pineapples and watermelons. If you’re a fan of mangoes, cream and tapioca pearls, mango tapioca is the perfect match for you. I actually tried making this drink because I am a fan of those three. Why not combine those in one drink, right?
Mango tapioca is a fruity and refreshing drink made with blended fresh mangoes in creamy and milky drink. Small bits of mangoes and soft spheres of tapioca pearls are what I cannot truly resist about this drink. No doubt anyone will be in so much love with mango tapioca!
Aside from enjoying it for yourself and your family, this drink is actually a good small business idea! I had some of my chikiting neighbors to try it out since I made a lot and they loved it. This will surely be the best-seller drink in your town!
HOW TO MAKE MANGO TAPIOCA
As the name suggests, the two main ingredients for this refreshing drink is ripe mangoes and tapioca pearls.
Let us start with the tapioca pearls. Some vendors sell cooked sago but it is always better to buy uncooked ones and freshly cook them at home. There are different sago sizes and the smallest ones are the best for the mango tapioca drink. Cook the sago by boiling them for around 15 minutes. You will notice that the middle part of the pearls are still white. A quick way to resolve this is to add water and stir it continuously. Little by little, the sago will cook further and become transparent. That’s how easy tapioca pearls are prepared. Store them in the fridge until ready to use.
The next to prepare are the mangoes. A kilo of mango is usually 3 to 4 pieces. Slice the two cheeks from each of the mangoes. For one mango, cut them into large cubes while the rest into small cubes. The large cubes will be blended while the small cubes will be directly added to our drink later.
Grab your blended and blend the large mango cubes with evaporated milk. This will be an easy way to incorporate the mango flavor to the drink later. The next thing to do is to add all the ingredients together in a giant bowl. The last step before you can enjoy your mango tapioca is to chill them. If you want it right now, you can pour it in a glass with ice. Enjoy some mango tapioca to freshen up your day!
Mango TapiocaCourse: Desserts
1 kilo ripe mangoes
1 cup all purpose cream
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup tapioca pearls (uncooked)
5 cups of water (for the tapioca pearls)
- Boil some water in a pot and place the tapioca pearls. Stir a bit to prevent from sticking together. Cover the pan and let it boil for 15 minutes using low heat.
- To further cook the tapioca pearls and become transparent, add more water while stirring. Soak the tapioca pearls in water until ready to use.
- Prepare your ripe mangoes. Slice the mango cheeks. Cut one mango into large cubes (for blending). Cut the rest of the mangoes in smaller cubes. Transfer the large and small cubes to separate plates.
- In a blender, add the large mango cubes and half of the evaporated milk. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the cooked tapioca pearls and transfer into a large bowl. Add the chopped mangoes, blended mangoes, the remaining evaporated milk, all purpose cream and the condensed milk. Mix gently until well-combined.
- Chill the mango tapioca for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve your mango tapioca in a serving bowl and enjoy!
Watch how to Make Mango Tapioca
MANGO TAPIOCA RECIPE (TAGALOG)
- 1 kilo hinog na mangga
- 1 tasa ng all purpose cream
- 1 tasa ng condensed milk
- 1 tasa ng evaporated milk
- 1 tasa ng sago (hilaw)
- 5 tasa ng tubig (para sa sago)
- Magpakulo ng tubig at ilagay ang mga sago. Haluin ito ng konti para hindi magdiki-dikit. Takpan ang kawali at pakuluan ito ng 15 minuto gamit ang mababang apoy.
- Para mas maluto pa ang mga sago at maging transparent, maglagay ng tubig habang hinahalo. Ibabad sa tubig ang mga sago hanggang bago gamitin.
- Ihanda ang mga mangga. Hiwain ang dalawang pisngi. Hiwain ang isang mangga ng malalaking cubes (ibe-blend). Hiwain ang iba pang mangga sa maliliit na cubes. Ilipat ang mga hiniwang cubes sa magkaibang pinggan.
- I-blend ang malalaking mango cubes at idagdag ang kalahati ng evaporated milk hanggang maging smooth.
- Alisin ang tubig sa sago at ilipat sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang maliliit na mango cubes, blended mangoes, evaporated milk, all purpose cream at condensed milk. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Palamigin ang mango tapioca ng at least 4 hours bago iserve.
- Iserve ang mango tapioca at enjoy!