Wanna have sisig but also caring for your heart? Fish sisig is the healthier choice for you! Tilapia sisig is a type of fish sisig made with flaked tilapia combined with most powerful flavoring ingredients and is served on a hot, sizzling plate. What are you waiting for? Try tilapia sisig today.
No actual research was conducted but we all know it deep inside our hearts. Sisig may not be the best ulam, but sisig is definitely the best pulutan.
Sisig is a dish traditionally made using mixed pig parts which are usually seasoned with calamansi, onions and chili peppers. Modern versions of sisig uses grilled pork liempo which are chopped into tiny pieces and are seasoned with the classic ingredients. There are a lot of version of sisig using different types of meat but pork sisig may be the most famous type of sisig. This is why sisig is associated to be too fatty, oily and generally unhealthy.
To still enjoy eating sisig as an ulam, appetizer or a pulutan and get rid of the unhealthyness at the same time, all we needed to do is to choose better ingredient alternatives. With that, fish sisig is becoming more popular. Fish sisig is composed of flaked fish meat, either grilled or fried, which are seasoned with the classic sisig ingredients. It follows everything about the classi sisig except that it uses a less fatty and more nutrient-rich meat.
For the fish sisig, you can try a wide range of fish based on your preference. In this recipe, I used tilapia for my sisig since it is affordable and has a good amount of meat to it. This tilapia sisig recipe is a healthy alternative to the unhealthy sisig which lets you enjoy you sisig just the way you want it. Sounds like unli rice later, huh?
HOW TO COOK TILAPIA SISIG
Making tilapia sisig is easier than other sisig types. Since fish meat is faster to cook and more prone to burning, we will only fry the tilapia instead of grilling them. After seasoning the fish, start the tilapia sisig by frying the fish and flaking it into small pieces. The next steps would involve sautéing the tilapia flakes and making it tasty by adding different seasonings, mayonnaise and calamansi juice. You may also add crushed chicharon for some crunch.
When everything is well-combined, it is now time to transfer the tilapia sisig into the sizzling plate. For a more aromatic sizzling experience, melt some butter in the sizzling plate and let the tilapia sisig sizzle in the butter. Add your preferred toppings and we recommend the following: chopped onions, chillies and crushed chicharon. Yum! Some sisig I know adds a raw egg in the middle which cooks when the sisig is mixed. You can try that too!
Serve the tilapia sisig with hot steaming rice or you can enjoy it as a pulutan. Enjoy!
Tilapia SisigCourse: Fish Recipes
2 large tilapia
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic (minced)
4 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 to 3 tablespoon calamansi juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 – 3 pieces green chilli
1 piece sili labuyo
oil for frying
1 teaspoon liquid seasoning (optional)
1/2 cup crushed chicharon (optional)
- Clean the tilapia and pat-dry using a tissue. Make some slits on both sides. Rub the fish with salt and pepper. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the tilapia until golden brown on both sides. Transfer into a plate to cool down a bit.
- When the tilapia has cooled down, start flaking it using your hands. Shred and make sure to remove the bones. Set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Melt a tablespoon of butter and sauté some garlic and onions for a few seconds. Add the tilapia flakes and sauté for a minute. Add sliced green and red chillies and ground black pepper. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the soy sauce and calamansi juice. Stir for a few seconds until well-combined.
- Add the mayonnaise and liquid seasoning. Stir for a few seconds until well-blended.
- Add some crushed chicharon for crunch (optional). Toss gently to combine.
- Heat a sizzling plate with a little oil. Add a tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Add the tilapia sisig and top with chopped onion, chicharon and chillies.
- Serve with hot steaming rice and enjoy!
Paano Magluto ng Tilapia Sisig
- 2 malalaking tilapia
- 1 sibuyas
- 2 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 4 kutsara ng mayonnaise
- 2 – 3 kutsara ng calamansi juice
- 1 kutsara ng toyo
- asin at paminta
- 2 kutsara ng butter o margarine
- 2 – 3 piraso ng siling pang-sigang
- 1 piraso ng sili labuyo
- mantika (pangprito)
- 1 kutsarita ng liquid seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tasa ng dinurgo na chicharon (optional)
- Linisin ang mga tilapia at tuyuin gamit ang tissue. Lagyan ng hiwa ang katawan ng mga ito. Pahiran ng asin at paminta. Isantabi ito ng 15 minuto.
- Magpainit ng kawali at iprito ang mga tilapia hanggang maging golden brown. Baliktarin ito para maluto ang kabilang side. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang lalagyan para medyo lumamig.
- Kapag medyo malamig na, himayin ang mga tilapia gamit ang mga kamay. Siguaduhing walang nakasamang tinik.
- Magpainit ng konting mantika. Maglagay ng 1 kutsara ng butter at igisa ang bawang at sibuyas ng ilang segundo. Sunod na ilagay ang hinimay na tilapia at igisa. Ilagay ang mga sili at budburan ng paminta. Igisa ang mga ito ng ilang segundo.
- Ilagay ang toyo at calamansi juice. Haluin ito ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang mayonnaise at liquid seasoning. Haluin ito ng mabuti.
- Maglagay ng durog na chicharon at haluin ng mabuti (optional).
- Painitin ang sizzling plate at lagyan ng konting mantika. Maglagay ng 1 kutsara ng butter at tunawin. Ilagay ang tilapia sisig at lagyan ng hiniwang sibuyas, sili at durog na chicharon sa ibabaw.
- Ihain ang sizzling tilapia kasama ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!