Spicy Chicken Feet is a popular and common dish in southeast Asia and Philippines and this spicy chicken feet is made with sautéing and boiling Cleaned chicken feet with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, water, chicken broth cube, coconut milk, lemon grass, siling labuyo, alarmang and topped with chopped green onions. This chicken feet dish is packed with a lot of powerful flavours braised in flavourful liquid. Try your first chicken feet and do this recipe today!
SPICY CHICKEN FEET
If you haven’t tried chicken feet in your whole life, you’re not a real Asian. Some people are “grossed out” with the concept of eating chicken feet. But really, chicken feet is just as tasty as other chicken parts. It has relatively very little meat on it, consisting of mostly of skin and cartilage. It is best eaten as an appetizer or a pulutan. It can be cooked in a numerous ways and a common ingredient to most oriental dishes. In the Philippines, it is called “Adidas” like the shoe brand. The spicy version of this classic Asian street food is packed with complex flavors and are usually eaten using the hands, much like chicken wings. If you wanna enjoy some chicken feet as a snack or looking for the best chicken feet recipe for your first time, here is a the best recipe of the famous spicy chicken feet. Have fun!
HOW TO COOK SPICY CHICKEN FEET
Cooking chicken feet may be a bit complex than any other part of a chicken. Extra preparations are needed to ensure that the right combination of flavors and that the chicken will be tender but also intact.
Thorough cleaning of the chicken feet is very essential. Clean it one by one. You might notice some extra scaly white skin on some of the feet. Gently peel them as they do not make a good texture when cooked. Cut the nails on the first joint. The feet are now clean and ready to use. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper then gently toss.
It’s cooking time! Start by sautéing the seasoned chicken feet with some aromatics and make a savory broth using the rest of the powerful ingredients. Are you excited? The next thing to do is to let the chicken feet braise in this flavorful liquid. The simmering may take hours to ensure that the feet will be tender and flavorful. Make sure to stir them from time to time to prevent the bottom from burning.
After hours of simmering, prepare to be amazed to this masterpiece you have just made. Transfer the spicy chicken feet in a serving plate and top with freshly chopped green onions. Wash your hands and dig right in! Yummy!
Spicy Chicken FeetCourse: Chicken Recipes
1 kilo chicken feet
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup onion (chopped)
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 cup water
1 piece chicken broth cube
2 -3 stalks lemongrass
2 cups coconut milk
1 ½ to 2 teaspoons siling labuyo
1 to 2 teaspoons bagoong alamang (optional)
green onions, chopped (for toppings)
- Clean the chicken feet. Remove the nails. Add salt and pepper and mix them well. Set aside.
- Heat a pot using medium heat. Add some oil and sauté some onions, garlic and ginger. Add the chicken feet and coat them well with the oil. Add the vinegar and mix them well.
- Add the soy sauce, water, chicken broth cube and lemongrass (crush the ends). Mix them well, cover the pan and let it boil and simmer for an hour. Mix them once in a while to avoid the bottom from burning.
- Add the coconut milk, chillies and bagoong alamang. Mix them well and simmer for 1 to 2 hours. Mix them once in a while. Boil for an hour or more for a thicker sauce.
- Transfer the spicy chicken feet to a serving plate and top with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Spicy Chicken Feet Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 kilo paa ng manok
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- 1 kutsarita ng paminta
- 1 kutsara ng mantika
- 1 tasa ng sibuyas (hiniwa)
- 5 butil ng bawang (hiniwa)
- 1 kutsara ng luya (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1/3 tasa ng suka
- 1/3 tasa ng toyo
- 3 tasa ng tubig
- 1 piraso ng chicken broth cube
- 2 -3 piraso ng lemongrass
- 2 tasa ng gata
- 1 ½ – 2 kutsarita ng siling labuyo
- 1 – 2 kutsarita ng bagoong alamang (optional)
- green onions, hiniwa (pang-toppings)
- Linisin ang paa ng manok. Tanggalin ang mga kuko. Ilagay ito sa isang bowl at lagyan ng asin at paminta. Haluing mabuti at isantabi.
- Magpainit ng kaldero gamit ang katamtamang apoy. Igisa ang sibuyas, bawang at luya. Ilagay ang mga paa ng manok at haluin para malagyan ng mantika. Ilagay ang suka at haluing mabuti.
- Ilagay ang toyo, tubig, chicken broth cube at lemongrass (durugin ang dulo). Haluin ito ng mabuti. Takpan ang kaldero at hayaan itong kumulo ng 1 oras. Haluin ito paminsan-minsan para hindi masunog ang ilalim.
- Ilagay ang gata, sili at bagoong alamang. Haluin ng mabuti at hayaang maluto ng 1 hanggang 2 oras. Haluin ito paminsan-minsan. Kung gusto ng mas malapot na sauce, pakuluan pa ito ng mas matagal.
- Ilipat ang spicy chicken feet sa isang serving plate at budburan ng hiniwang green onions sa ibabaw. Enjoy!