Sweet and spicy hotdog is made by frying sliced hotdog pieces in a sweet and spicy sauce made with ketchup, oyster sauce, sugar, butter, pepper, chilies and oil. Enhance your appetite with this new way of cooking hotdogs in this sweet and spicy hotdog recipe! This can be served as an appetizer, pulutan or as an ulam.
SWEET AND SPICY HOTDOG
With the rising prices of almost everything, hotdogs are one of the most budget-friendly and readily accessible food items nowadays. Hotdogs can be cooked in a lot of simple ways. They are usually fried, boiled or steamed. Hotdogs go very well hotdog buns and sandwiches and even just with plain hot steaming rice.
Time to unleash our creativity and think of more fun ways to use hotdogs. Cooked hotdogs taste smokey and salty. What if we add some sweetness and spice to it? Sounds interesting, right? If you’re thinking of sweet and spicy hotdogs, we are on the same team. Here is a simple recipe of sweet and spicy hotdogs. This budget-friendly recipe will only include few ingredients and will take you only a few minutes of cooking time.
HOW TO COOK SWEET AND SPICY HOTDOG
This sweet and spicy hotdog can also be considered as the hotdog version of sisig. First, cut the hotdogs into small pieces and then fry. Simply saute the hotdogs in butter with onions. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until fully-coated. Do not forget to put a lot of chopped chilies for a super spicy hotdogs! Just typing this makes me drool! Serve your sweet and spicy hotdogs as an appetizer, snack, pulutan or as a meal with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy HotdogCourse: Easy Meals
8 pieces regular hotdogs
½ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
¼ teaspoon pepper
oil (for stir-frying)
- Prepare the hotdogs and slice into diagonal bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and stir-fry the hotdogs for a few minutes.
- Add the butter and the onions. Stir gently and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the ketchup, oyster sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir well until the hotdogs are coated with the sauce.
- Add some chopped green chilies and stir to infuse the flavor.
- Transfer the sweet and spicy hotdog to a serving plate and enjoy with hot steaming rice!
Watch how to Cook Sweet and Spicy Hotdog
Sweet and Spicy Hotdog Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 8 piraso ng hotdogs
- ½ tasa ng ketchup
- 1 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1 kutsara ng asukal (optional)
- 2 kutsara ng butter o margarine
- ¼ kutsarita ng paminta
- siling pansigang
- mantika (pang stir-fry)
- Ihanda ang mga hotdog at hiwain ito ng diagonal na maliliit na piraso.
- Magpainit ng isang kutsara ng mantika sa kawali at istir-fry ang mga hotdog ng ilang minuto.
- Ilagay ang butter at ang sibuyas. Haluin at igisa ang mga ito ng ilang minuto.
- Ilagay ang ketchup, oyster sauce, asukal at paminta. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang mabalutan ng sauce ang hotdog.
- Maglagay ng hiniwang sili at haluin para humalo ang lasa.
- Ilipat ang sweet and spicy hotdog sa isang serving plate at ihain kasama ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!