Seafood Cajun is a feast of different seafood like crabs, clams, and shrimps coated with the spicy and savoury Cajun sauce. This is best served with coconut juice while chilling on the side of the beach. Learn how to make a Cajun sauce from scratch using this recipe!
Seafood Boil (with Cajun Butter Sauce)
It’s summer time meaning.. It’s swimming time! The heat is literally killing our mood. Nothing beats the heat with a dip and splash to a cold and refreshing water. So go there and swim, and release all the bad vibes brought by the heat. And if you’re feeling a little snack-y, we have the right beach snack for you. Common beach snacks are either a boodle fight or foods which can be held by hand like grilled barbecue or hotdogs.
If you have a fancy budget for food, we would like to introduce you to the feast of the King of the Ocean, the Cajun Seafood Feast! This feast is composed of a variety of seafood options like crabs, clams, mussels and many more. The seafood are coated with a nice amount of Cajun sauce. Cajun sauce is made using a special seasoning mix which originated from Luisiana, USA. A lot of ready-to-use cajun seasoning are available in the market. But if you have the basic spices in your pantry, then making a Cajun seasoning mix and sauce will be an easy job for you. Cajun seasoning is known as the best seasoning for seafood since it has a bold spicy flavor with a subtle hint of earthiness from the aromatics.
Impress your friends and family with an amazing feast of seafood. Try this Cajun seafood on your next outing!
HOW TO COOK SEAFOOD Boil with CAJUN
Don’t be too intimidated with the long list of ingredients! Most of them are just the seafood of your choice and a set of herbs and spices needed for the Cajun sauce. But really, a Cajun seafood feast is actually very simple to make.
Start with boiling the crabs, clams and mussels. Everything’s easy, right? Set them aside and make your Cajun sauce. The Cajun sauce is made by sautéing some garlic and then adding and mixing all the herbs and spices in the ingredients list. After you season it with some salt, soy sauce and sugar, your Cajun sauce is done! #Fancy Add the squid, shrimp, sausage and corn and let them braise in the sauce. Yummy! Some choose to grill their seafood and its completely fine. Just make sure that everything is cooked before you coat them with the sauce. Lastly, add the boiled seafood you set aside. After you coat everything with sauce, it’s done! I told you it is easy! Poseidon is so proud of you.
Transfer the seafood Cajun in a banana leaf or a giant plate. Let the feast begin!
Seafood CajunCourse: Seafood
1 kilo crabs
1 kilo mussels
1 kilo shrimp
½ kilo clams
3 pcs sliced squid
1 cup butter
2 bulbs garlic paste
1 cob of corn, boiled and cut into pieces
4 pcs sausage
1 tablespoon paprika
1 ½ tablespoon cayenne powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
¼ cup of oil
- Fill a pot with some water and bring to a boil. Add the crabs, clams, mussels and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and drain. Set the boiled seafood aside.
- For the Cajun sauce, melt some butter in a pan. Add some oil. Saute the garlic paste for a few minutes. Add the cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme and dried oregano. Stir until well-combined. Sprinkle some salt and add some soy sauce and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Add the sliced squid, shrimp, sausage and corn. Toss well to coat each piece with the Cajun sauce.
- Add the previously boiled seafood. Toss carefully to coat each piece with the Cajun sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a serving plate. Seafood Cajun is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Seafood Cajun (seafood Boil) Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 kilo crabs
- 1 kilo tahong
- 1 kilo hipon
- ½ kilo tulya
- 3 piraso ng hiniwang pusit
- 1 tasa ng butter
- 2 buong bawang (ginawang paste)
- 1 buong mais (pinakuluan at hiniwa)
- 4 piraso ng sausage
- 1 kutsara ng paprika
- 1 ½ kutsara ng cayenne pepper powder
- 1 kutsara ng onion powder
- 1 kutsara ng garlic powder
- 1 kutsara ng thyme
- 1 kutsara ng tuyong oregano
- asin at paminta
- 1 kutsara ng toyo
- ¼ tasa ng mantika
- Magpakulo ng tubig sa isang kaldero. Ilagay ang crabs, tulya at pakuluan ng 2 to 3 minuto. Patayin ang apoy at alisin ang mga seafood sa tubig at ilagay sa isang lalagyan.
- Para sa Cajun sauce, magtunaw ng butter sa isang kawali. Lagyan ng konting mantika. Igisa ang garlic paste ng ilang minuto. Ilagay ang cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paminta, thyme and dried oregano. Haluin ang mga ito ng mabuti. Budburan ng asin at lagyan ng toyo at asukal. Haluin ito ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang hiniwang posit, hipon, sausage at mais. I-toss ng madahan para malagyan ng Cajun sauce ang bawat piraso.
- Ilagay ang mga pinakuluang seafood. I-toss ng madahan para malagyan ng Cajun sauce ang bawat piraso.
- Alisin ang kawali sa apoy at ilipat ang Cajun seafood sa isang serving plate. Serve and enjoy!