This Potato Pancake with Hotdog is a scrumptious breakfast food and is made with hotdogs, potatoes, eggs, olive oil, salt, ground pepper, sesame seeds. In this Potato Pancake with Hotdog recipe, you’ll be making a quick egg and potato dish that makes a nicely colored and fun looking pancake that’s not only filling but is really delicious and worth a few minutes in the morning to make.
Why is breakfast important?
Breakfast is the most important part of the day, it helps burn calories and gives you energy to get through till the afternoon. ‘Breakfast; as the name suggests is the ‘breaking of the fasting period’ which are the hours you didn’t eat as you were sleeping. Many studies have linked that eating breakfast leads to better memory and concentration, lower bad cholesterol, lower the chance of getting diabetes, being overweight, at heart disease.
Breakfast is the body’s way of adding fuel to work and find energy from. Eating breakfast will also make it unlikely for you to overeat in the afternoon and sometimes even dinnertime. Breakfast have you stock up on vitamins and nutrients with some healthy food like dairy, fruits, and grains, you need food in your system. Researches have found that people who eat breakfasts are slimmer than does who don’t. this could be because eating food high in protein and fiber for breakfast helps keep the appetite at bay for the rest of the day. Dieting doesn’t really help the body in any way, skipping meals just keep the body by being healthy whereas breakfast not only keeps the weight off, it helps growing bodies fill up on nutrients and fuel to work throughout the day as well as help with your metabolism that is being burn throughout the day. Skipping meals tell your body to conserve rather than burn the extra calories you would be burning if you did eat breakfast. Breakfast not only replenishes you glucose supply, glucose supply is the body’s energy source that is absorbed from the carbohydrates you eat, these are broken down are stored in the liver and smaller amounts of these in the muscles. It also keeps you awake and boosts energy levels, breakfast food are usually rich in folate, calcium, iron, Vitamin B and fiber, to help maintain health and vitality, weight management, reduce risk of type 2 diabetes, heat disease and helps maintain alertness.
Why try this Potato Pancake with Hotdog recipe?
This Potato Pancake with Hotdog recipe is a quick and fun way to keep your morning fun and interesting. For a satisfyingly interesting breakfast, all you need to do is start by simmering the hotdog in a pan to cook for a few minutes before slicing these into thin pieces. You can also use other choices of meats like ground beef, chicken, or beef, or use other precooked meats like spam, luncheon meat, corn beef, or even canned tuna to reduce time. Set these aside. Cooking the potatoes in a pan, making sure to season these with salt and pepper. Slicing them thinly makes it easier and quicker to cook. These also make sure that these are soft enough that one we’ve made the pancake these wont need to be pre-heated. Then prepare the egg mixture with 2 eggs, salt, pepper, and if you’d like to add more seasonings like garlic powder or onion powder, or even herbs for more flavor. To arrange the pancake, add in some oil, arrange the eggs in a nice layer, pour in the egg mixture slowly making sure the potatoes are all covered, top with the hotdogs and press this slightly to make sure it sticks altogether. Garnish with some sesame seeds.
Kick start your day with a fun colorful breakfast that not only tastes great but is easily customizable and a great way to sneak veggies to your kid’s diet.
Potato and eggs pancakeCourse: Snacks, Breakfast
A filling savory breakfast dish to start the day!
1/8 cup water
5 small potatoes (thinly sliced)
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a pan, pour some water and boil the hotdogs for 3 minutes. Take it off the heat and slice these thinly into rounded pieces. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a pan at medium heat, add the thinly sliced potatoes. Pan fry these for 5 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, salt, and pepper, whisk well and set aside.
- In a pan at medium low heat, add olive oil, spread this evenly, add in the fried potatoes and spread this around. Carefully pour in the beaten eggs using a strainer. Try to spread this around evenly.
- Top this off with the hotdogs. Pressing it down to the egg mixture to make sure it all sticks together. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Take it off the pan, slice and enjoy!
This easy to do breakfast dish just needs a few items, with just 8 ingredients you can make this nicely presented easy to do potato pancake dish that can be versatile enough to change up and dress up with some cheeses, meats, and even vegetables. This potato pancake with hotdog recipe can be readily served with a side of ketchup and freshly toasted bread or a steaming hot cup of rice and some hot coffee to wake you up in the morning.
Potato pancake with hotdog recipe (tagalog)
- 2 hotdogs
- 1/8 tasa tubig
- 5 maliliit na patatas (hiniwa ng maninipis)
- 4 kutsaritang olive oil
- 2 kutsaritang asin
- 2 kutsaritang paminta
- 2 itlog
- 1 kutsarang sesame seeds
- Sa kawali, lagyan ng tubig at pakuluin ang mga hotdogs ng 3 minuto. Tanggalin sa init at hiwaiin ng maninipis na pabilog. Itabi.
- Initin ang 2 kutsaritang olive oil sa kawali na may katamtamang init, ilagay ang mga hiniwang patatas. Lutuin ng 5 minuto. Wisikan ng asin at paminta at haluin ng mabuti. Itabi.
- Sa mangkok, haluin ang mga itlog, asin at paminta, batihin at itabi.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init,lagyan ng olive oil at ipantay ang pagkalat nito, ibalik ang prinitong patatas at ayusin ang pagkalat nito. Dahan-dahan ibuhos ang hinalong itlog gamit ang salaam. Ikalat ng pagpantay.
- Ilagay ang hotdogs sa itaas. Pindutin pababa para dumikit ito sa itlog. Dekorasyunan ng sesame seeds.
- Tanggalin sa kawali, hiwain at ienjoy!