This Pan Bread pizza or stove top pizza is made with bread loaf, eggs, pizza sauce, cooked ham, bell peppers, pizza seasoning, oil, mozzarella cheese, pineapple tidbits. With this bread pan pizza, you wont even be needing an oven. With a pan, a stove, and a great love for pizza, this pan bread pizza recipe will surely satisfy your pizza cravings. This is a great afternoon snack together with some cold iced tea.
A SLICE OF THE HISTORY OF PIZZA
Ever wonder how the very first pizza was made? The city of Naples in Italy is where pizza was born. The word pizza literally means “pie” in Italian. So when we say pizza pie, we literally say pie pie. #LearnNewEveryday
There is a bit of confusion between pizza and focaccia. For some of you who doesnt know, focaccia is a simple flatbread with decorations on top. Instead of it being a heavy meal, focaccia is over served as a side dish. Both pizza and focaccia roots from being flatbreads. The two has an almost similar taste and texture.
The first pizza were made out of simple flatbreads added with some toppings. Unlike our favorite toppings, the toppings used in the past were garlic, anchovies, oil and tomatoes. The pizza toppings of today were becoming more and more fancy, using prosciutto, sausages, mushrooms and even gold leaf!
Pizzas are often seen as “junk foods” or foods with less nutritional value just because they are served by fastfood restaurants. But if you look at the bigger picture, pizza is a great way of having a lot of nutrients in one bite! It has bread, protein from hams, sausages and cheese, and vitamins and minerals from the veggies used. Some people I know only eats mushrooms and onions when used in a pizza.
So here’s a a secret. If you want someone to learn how to eat a specific food, add them in a pizza in small amounts. They won’t notice them and will get used to it right away!
BREAD PIZZA IN PAN
When your super cute niece asks you for a pizza in the middle of the night, who am I to say “no”, right?
Every Friday is our veggie day at home– a day full of only veggie meals and snacks. It was exactly midnight when I heard a small knock at my door. It was my niece and she’s asking me for a pizza with A LOT OF HAM. It was then that I realized that she waited for midnight to end so Friday veggie day passed and she can eat something non-veggie.
Ever since we make pizza at home, we are using the loaf bread pizza style–a slice of loaf bread topped with the usual pizza toppings and then pan-baked. I asked my niece if that’s what she wants. But she asked me if I can make it “round”. And that’s how I came up with this bread pan pizza recipe. Instead of the slice of load bread being “the pizza slice”, I was able to make the traditional pizza cutting in front of my niece.
What I really love about this dish is that it really resembles the traditional pizza with a round shape. Pizza crust is the most intriguing part in making homemade pizza, but with this simple hack, making a pizza crust is simple and very easy to make.
HOW TO MAKE BREAD PIZZA IN PAN
Making bread pan pizza is 200 times easier than making a normal pizza. With your pizza crust almost ready, most of your time will be allotted on thinking, “What toppings do I want in my pizza?”
To start, we need to prepare the crust. You only need 3 slices of loaf bread to make a 9-inch pizza! Can you believe that? Cut your bread into small cubes, similar to a size of a crouton (around 1-inch size). Combine it with some beaten eggs and then arrange in a pan. I used a round flat pan to resemble the traditional pizza. Just use any flat pan available (A square pizza looks good too!).
Add any toppings you like. Sorry Hawaiian-style pizza haters, but I really like pineapples on my pizza. The basic pizza toppings include:
- Pizza sauce: you can also use tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Cheese: I used mozzarella cheese but you can use any quickmelt cheese
- Ham: Make sure it’s cooked before adding to the pizza!
- Chopped bell peppers and pineapple tidbits: For freshness and color variety (optional)
- Pizza seasoning: For a little Italian vibes. You can also use Italian seasoning instead.
Cover the pan and the last thing to do is to wait for the pizza to cook on its own. Remember to use the lowest heat possible to prevent the pizza crust from burning. When the cheese melts, voila! Your bread pan pizza is done! Transfer it to to plate and then cut into slices (Or munch the whole thing on your own!).
If you want it a bit spicy, add a few drops of hot sauce!
Bread Pan PizzaCourse: Easy Meals, Snacks
3 slices of loaf bread
3 medium eggs
1/3 cup pizza sauce
1 small green bell peppers
2 pieces cooked ham slices (cut to small bits)
cooked ham (cut into bits)
pizza seasoning or dried oregano (optional)
1 – 2 tablespoons oil
1/2 mozzarella cheese or quickmelt cheese (grated)
pineapple tidbits (optional)
- Cut the slices of loaf bread into small cubes. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs to a bowl and then scramble. Add the beaten eggs to the bowl with bread.
- Coat some oil in a flat, round pan. (Do not turn the heat on yet.) Add the egg and bread mixture. When the mixture is fixed on the pan, turn the heat to very low to avoid burning.
- Add the pizza sauce and spread gently. Sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese. Add the green bell peppers, pineapple tidbits and cooked ham bits. Sprinkle more grated mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle a dash of pizza seasoning (optional).
- Cover the pan and cook the pizza using very low heat for 6 – 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the bread pan pizza gently to a plate and then slice them to serving pieces.
- Grab a slice and pour some hot sauce if you like. Enjoy!
Bread Pan Pizza Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 3 piraso ng loaf bread
- 3 itlog
- 1/3 tasa ng pizza sauce
- 1 maliit na green bell pepper
- cooked ham (hiniwa sa maliliit na bits)
- pizza seasoning o dried oregano (optional)
- 1 – 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese o quickmelt cheese (grated)
- pineapple tidbits (optional)
- Hiwain ang mga tinapay sa maliiit na cubes. Isantabi.
- Batihin ang mga itlog sa isang bowl. Ilagay ito sa bowl na may tinapay.
- I-brush ng konting mantika ang flat at bilog na pan. (Wag munang buksan ang apoy). Ilagay ang tinapay na may itlog. Kapag maayos na ang pagkakalagay nito sa pan, lutuin ito sa pinakamababang apoy para hindi masunog.
- Ilagay ang pizza sauce at ikalat. Maglagay ng grated mozzarella cheese. Sunod na ilagay ang green bell peppers, pineapple tidbits at ham. Maglagay ng marami pang mozzarella cheese. Budburan ng konting pizza seasoning (optional).
- Takpan ang kawali at lutuin ang pizza ng 6 – 8 minuto gamit ang pinakamababang apoy hanggang matunaw ang cheese.
- Ilipat ang bread pan pizza nang dahan dahan sa plato at hatiin sa serving pieces.
- Kumuha ng isang slice at lagyan ng hot sauce kung gusto mo ng konting anghang. Enjoy!