Refresh yourself with some sweet and healthy fruit jelly dessert! Fruit jelly dessert is a classic Filipino favorite which is made with sweetened gelatin topped with different types of fruits.
FRUIT JELLY DESSERT
There will always be a space for desserts in our tummy. It is best to enjoy chilled desserts especially during the mid-day of a hot sunny afternoon during summertime. There are a lot of dessert options but some are just too usual. With jelly, nothing goes wrong with jelly. Jelly is an all-time favorite Filipino dessert. It also known with other names like gulaman or gelatin. It can usually be seen in different colors in different occasions and is never enough for all the bisitas. It is creamy, refreshing, and sweet you cannot resist eating.
Jelly can be used in combination with a lot of dessert food items, but I think it is best partnered with fruits. Level up your jelly and make it healthier by adding some fruits. Try this very easy fruit jelly recipe for your next celebration!
HOW TO COOK FRUIT JELLY DESSERT
There are no rules on what fruits to be used in a fruit jelly dessert. Gather any fruit you like and slice it into small pieces, you know, the fresh is always better. But thanks to canned fruit cocktail which are handy and are always available, there is no much preparation needed for our fruits. Drain the canned fruit cocktail and add some to different containers. Any mold will do but the classic ones which are used are the llaneras. There are also available jelly molds which are specifically made for this purpose and will result to a fancier look.
If you ever prepared gulaman, the next steps would be familiar to you. Dissolve the gelatin powder in water and then boil the mixture. Add some sweetness and creaminess using the condensed milk, all-purpose cream and sugar, as needed. In this recipe, we used clear gelatin powder. The jelly will end up with white color because of the milk. If you want a colourful jelly, you can add food colorings or use a flavoured jelly powder. When the jelly is done, let it cool a bit and then pour them to the molders with fruits. Sounds easy, right? The last thing you should do is to let the jelly chill in the fridge. Serve and enjoy this chilled sweet treat!
Fruity Jelly Dessert
1 can fruit cocktail
1 can condensed milk
1 can all-purpose cream
1 sachet clear gelatin powder
3 cups of water
sugar to taste
- Drain the canned fruit cocktail.
- Prepare the molders or containers and add some fruit cocktail.
- Add some water and gelatin powder in a saucepan. Stir gently until the gelatin powder has been dissolved completely.
- Boil the mixture. Once boiling, add the condensed milk and all-purpose cream while stirring continuously.
- Taste for sweetness and add sugar as needed. Stir until well-combined. Cook until the mixture is about to boil. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the jelly mixture to the molders and containers with fruit cocktail. If you will be using deep containers, add a low layer of gelatin mixture first and allow it to set before adding another layer. Then, add more fruits.
- Let the fruit jelly cool and set for a few minutes. Chill them in the fridge for at least 4 hours before unmolding.
- To unmold the fruit jellies, scrape the sides gently before flipping them in a serving plate.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Check the package instructions of the gelatin powder to know the appropriate amount of water needed.
- Let the jelly mixture cool a bit before pouring over the fruits. Too hot mixture may cook the fruits.
Fruit Jelly Dessert Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 lata ng fruit cocktail
- 1 lata ng condensed milk
- 1 lata ng all-purpose cream
- 1 sachet ng clear gelatin powder
- 3 tasa ng tubig
- I-drain ang fruit cocktail.
- Ihanda ang molders o containers at lagyan ng fruit cocktail.
- Sa isang kaldero, maglagay ng tubig at gelatin powder. Haluin ito hanggang matunaw ang gelatin powder.
- Pakuluan ang gelatin mixture. Kapag kumukulo na ito, ilagay ang condensed milk at all-purpose cream habang hinahalo ng tuloy-tuloy.
- Tikman at dagdagan ng asukal depende sa iyong preference. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang matunaw ang asukal. Kapag malapit na itong kumulo, patayin ang apoy.
- Ilagay ang jelly mixture sa molders at containers na may fruit cocktail. Kung gagamit ng malalim na container, maglagay muna ng isang layer ng jelly mixture at hayaan itong mag-set bago maglagay ng bagong layer ng fruit cocktail at jelly mixture.
- Hayaang magset at lumamig ang fruit jelly ng ilang minute. Palamigin sa ref ng 4 oras bago i-unmold.
- Para sa pag uunmold ng fruit jelly, i-scrape muna ang mga gilid bago ito ibaliktad sa isang pinggan.
- Iserve ang chilled fruit jelly at enjoy!