Avocado is one of the most versatile fruits. You can use it in toast, salad and desserts. If you want to make some good and decadent dessert with avocado, how about turning it into ice cream? Here’s an easy and very simple avocado ice cream recipe to try on summer day! For just three ingredients and no ice cream maker needed.
AVOCADO ICE CREAM RECIPE
- 3 to 5 pieces ripe avocado
- 1 can condensed milk (390g) chilled overnight
- 500ml all-purpose cream (chilled overnight) (2 packs/can) you may use whipping cream or heavy cream as alternative
1. Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit and scoop the flesh.
2. Put in a blender. Add half can of the condensed milk. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, beat all purpose cream until double in size (around 7 to 10 minutes). Then, add the rest of the condensed milk. Mix well until well-combined.
4. Add the pureed avocado. Mix well until well-blended.
5. Put in a freezer-safe container. Add toppings (optional). Cover.
6. Freeze (put in freezer) for at least 6 hours.
- Alternatively, you can use whipping cream or heavy cream instead of all purpose cream. If you are going to use whipping cream, no need to chill overnight. You may use it as is and start whipping until stiff before adding the condensed milk.
- If you don’t want condensed milk in your ice cream, you can use powdered sugar.
- We chill the all purpose cream to achieve the stiff or thicker consistency of the cream. Put it in the chiller for at least 6 hours before making ice cream. I usually put it inside the fridge in the night and start making ice cream the next day.
- You may also add a drop of lemon juice to keep the avocado color green.