Make your dreams come true with this dream cake ice cream! This lovely dessert is made with a combination of chocolate cake, soft ice cream and your favorite sweet chocolate decorated with some cocoa powder. This creamy version of the dream cake is much more fulfilling and is best served during the summer. Definitely cravings satisfied!
DREAMING THE DREAM, HOW DREAMY IS A DREAM CAKE?
Dream cake has been continuously one of the trendiest cake of the decade. This cake was made famous by La Sucre Lab. What makes it special and popular are the different layers of chocolatey goodness in one can of cake. These layers are usually made with chocolate sponge cake, chocolate ganache, chocolate pudding, melted chocolate and cocoa powder on top. There are a lot competitive versions where there are more and more chocolate layers added, making the dream cake more extravagant.
Aside from the chocolate layers, dream cakes are usually made and sold in tin cans. What made people very excited in this cake is the cracking action of the frozen chocolate layer on top. A single bite of the dream cake can make any chocolate lover’s dream come true.
MAKING MY DREAM COME TRUE
Dream cakes are definitely one of my favorite cakes among the ones I’ve made. I usually make a bunch of small tin cans of dream cakes during Valentine’s Day to give to my relatives as a way of sending love to them especially this pandemic.
During the summer, I modify my dream cakes into dream cake ice cream. This is a good way to chill ourselves out while beating the summer heat. Something sweet will surely lighten up our mood.
Since ice cream cakes are now a trend, I usually prepare dream cake ice cream whenever we go out swimming. Imagine having that seafood buffet at your table and ending it with a chilled sweet and decadent dream cake ice cream. Most sweet chocolate cakes will make you thirsty, but a dream cake ice cream won’t!
Whether you will go swimming, or hiking or just doing any activity under the sun which will make you hot and out of the mood, pack some dream cake ice cream and let it save your day!
If you would like to try dream cake ice cream, try the recipe below!
HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM DREAM CAKE
Making dream cake ice cream is much easier than you thought. Unlike homemade ice cream, this recipe will not include any whisking or beating. Totally hassle-free! This wonderful dessert is made with 4 layers of love, and we’ll get through them one by one.
Get a container and layer it with chocolate cake. To make things easier and much economical, I used ready-to-eat chocolate cake bars instead of baking a new one. Gently press them to fill the bottom of the container fully.
The next layer is the ice cream. This quick and easy ice cream layer is made with chilled all purpose cream and chilled condensed milk mixed together. Sprinkle some cocoa powder for it to match the whole set. I used a pastry bag to layer the ice cream nicely. If you have no pastry bag, you can simply layer the cream above the chocolate cake bars but make sure to flatten the top before freezing it.
The last layer is the chocolate. You can use your favorite chocolate and just simply melt it. Make sure to prepare extra chocolate as we will be needing to make a thick layer of it. Before layering the melted chocolate, make sure that the ice cream is completely frozen. Pour the melted chocolate and spread it quickly as it will harden due to the coldness of the ice cream. Make a slightly thick layer of chocolate so we will have that cracking action as we eat this dessert later. Lastly, decorate your dream cake ice cream by sprinkling cocoa powder. Use a strainer to evenly dust the cocoa powder and to make sure that there will be no lumps. Make sure to cover the all the melted chocolate with the cocoa powder.
The ice cream cake is definitely done and can be devoured after sprinkling the cocoa powder. Go crack the chocolate and dig in this sweet chilled dessert! Enjoy!
Dream Cake Ice CreamCourse: Cake Recipes, Desserts
5 – 6 pieces chocolate cake bar
1 can (470 mL) all purpose cream (chilled overnight)
1/2 cup condensed milk (chilled overnight)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate (chopped)
- Prepare the chocolate cake bars. Arrange them into a container.
- Pour the chilled all purpose cream into a large bowl. Add the chilled condensed milk and the cocoa powder. Whisk until well combined. Transfer the cream mixture to a pastry bag (optional).
- Make a layer of cream on top of the cake bars. Flatten the top using a spatula. Cover the container and freeze for 8 hours.
- Melt the chopped chocolate using a microwave or a double boiler. Stir a bit to dissolve any lumps.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the frozen ice cream. Spread it fast as it hardens quickly. Let the chocolate set for a minute.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of the dream cake ice cream. Scoop some of the dream cake ice cream and enjoy!
Ice Cream Dream Cake Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 5 – 6 piraso ng chocolate cake bar
- 1 lata (470 mL) ng all purpose cream (pinalamig magdamag)
- 1/2 tasa ng condensed milk (pinalamig magdamag)
- 1 kutsara ng cocoa powder
- 1 tasa ng tsokolate (hiniwa)
- Ihanda ang mga chocolate cake bars at iayos ang mga ito sa lalagyan.
- Sa isang bowl, pagsama-samahin ang pinalamig na all purpose cream, condensed milk at cocoa powder. Haluin ng mabuti. Ilipat ito sa isang pastry bag (optional).
- Gumawa ng isang layer ng cream sa ibabaw ng cake bars. Pantayin ito gamit ang spatula. Balutan ang ibabaw ng lalagyan at palamigin ito ng 8 oras.
- Tunawin ang hiniwang tsokolate gamit ang microwave. Pwede rin itong pakuluan. Haluin ng konti para mawala ang lumps.
- Ilagay sa ibabaw ng ice cream ang tinunaw na chocolate. Ikalat ito ng mabilis dahil mabilis din itong titigas. Hayaan itong mag-set.
- Budburan ng cocoa powder ang ibabaw ng dream cake ice cream bago ito ihain. Enjoy!