Looking forward for the weekend? Try this deliciously creamy mushroom chicken dish complete with creamy garlic sauce and herbs. There’s nothing like a quick but flavorful chicken dish to pamper you with after a hard day’s work.
How to cook Creamy Mushroom Chicken?
Should you use Chicken thighs or a whole chicken? This is a versatile recipe that doesn’t call for a specific cut. For an additional flavor, use chicken with bones intact. This helps enhance the sauce. When using boneless chicken, make sure to sauté it only for a few minutes as they cook faster.
Chicken Mushroom is a simple dish that just takes a few minutes of sautéing and simmering. Add an extra helping of bacon to season the oil, this also turns into a nice garnish later. Semi-cook the chicken with the bacon infused oil. Take this out and add in your herbs, spices and vegetables. Are just so many choices to choose from the kitchen? Use two of your favorite spices like thyme or rosemary. Or swap the herbs to your liking! Just make sure you keep this in the range of 2 to 3 kinds of spices as to not overpower the chicken and garlic.
Using fresh or dried herbs may give you a extra boost of edge in this dish, but this cream sauce is quite forgiving. Lacking a few herbs? Bump up your garlic to 4 to 6 tablespoons to freshly chopped garlic or 3 to 5 tablespoons of garlic powder to give a strong creamy garlic-sauce.
After sautéing your herbs and veggies, place the chicken back to the pot and douse these with wine. Why add wine? Adding white wine is completely optional. White wine in cream dishes gives you a light fruity and complex flavor. Just make sure to cook this off and simmer with the meat and vegetables before adding the cream.
After the chicken dish has been simmered with the cream, place this in a serving dish before topping with the fried bacon and parsley.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
1 kilo chicken
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup bacon, chopped (optional)
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon cumin
2 – 3 tablespoons garlic powder
1 cup mushrooms
1 & 1/2 cup potatoes, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup white wine (optional)
2 cups water
1 chicken cube
1 cup all purpose cream
Parsley for garnish
Optional: 1 – 2 teaspoons flour or cornstarch
- Prepare the chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot or pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil, and add the bacon. Once the bacon is crisp, remove this from the pan.
- With the remaining oil. Fry the chicken in each side. Just till it changes in color. This will be cooked fully later. Take this out of the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, sauté onions, garlic, thyme, cumin, and garlic powder. Add the mushrooms, potatoes, and carrots. Till the vegetables are fully coated with oil.
- Add white wine. Let this boil for 5 minutes uncovered, cover for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, water and 1 crushed chicken cube. Cover this for 20 to 25 minutes. Stirring the pot often to avoid the bottom from burning.
- Mix in the cream and cover for another 5 to 7 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with bacon and parsley.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency for the sauce. Add 1 – 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or all purpose flour with the cream.
- Replace the 2 cups of water with evaporated milk for a sweeter sauce, or full cream milk to really make this thick.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 kilo manok
- 1 kutsarang asin
- 1 kutsarang durog na paminta
- 4 kutsarang mantika
- 1 tasa bacon, tadtad (opsyonal)
- 1 tasa sibuyas, tadtad
- 1 kutsarang bawang, tadtad
- 1 kutsarang thyme
- 1 kutsaritang cumin
- 2 – 3 kutsarang pulbos ng bawang
- 1 tasa kabuti
- 1 & 1/2 tasa patatas, tadtad
- 1 tasa karot, tadtad
- 1 tasa white wine (opsyonal)
- 2 tasa tubig
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 tasa all purpose cream
- Parsley pang dekorasyon
- Opsyonal: 1 – 2 kutsaritang harina o gawgaw
- Ihanda and manok sa mangkok at haluan ng asin at durog na paminta.
- Sa isang palayok o kawali, initin ang 2 kutsarang mantika, isama ng bacon. Prituhin hangang maging malutong at ilabas ito sa kawali.
- Para sa natitirang matika, iprito ang mga manok sa bawat pantig. Para lang maluto ang labas or magbago ang kulay nito. Lulutuin ulit ito mamaya. Ilabas to sa kawali pagkatapos.
- Idadag ng 2 kuysarang mantika, at igisa ang sibuyas, bawang, thyme, cumin, at garlic powder. Dagdagan ng kabuti, patatas, at karot. Ihalo hanggang lahat ng guly ay nakatakip ng mantika.
- Dagdagan ng 1 white wine. Pakuluin ng 5 na minute ng hindi nakatakip. Pagkatapos, takimin ant ipakulo muli ng 5 minuto. Ilagay ang mga manok, tubig, and chicken cube. Takpan ng 20 o 25 na minuto. Haluin ng paminsan minsan para di masunog ang ilalim ng kawali.
- Haluin ang crema at takpan ng 5 o 7 na minute. Tikaman. Kung kailangan, dagdagan ng asin at paminta.
- Ibudbud sa ibabaw ng bacon at parsley.