Beef Broccoli is a sweet and savoury dish made by cooking sliced beef pieces and broccoli in a sauce made with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, seseme seeds. pepper and salt. Craving for some beefy goodness? Or just had an additional budget for dinner? Try this beef recipe that will make your dinner plate go extra!
Choosing beef as the meat for the main dish is actually seen as “extra” and “only for the rich people” since beef is kinda pricey compared to pork, chicken and fish. But actually, with the right use of beef, you can make a simple but special beef dish which you can enjoy with your friends and family. Preparation of beef broccoli sauce is very simple and mouth-watering.
Beef broccoli is a quick and easy dish. It consists of flavorful beef which in sweet sauce enhanced with crisp broccoli florets. I can assure you that when you serve this dish to your loved ones, they would feel really loved and special. Who does not want to make their loved ones feel special? What are you waiting for? Try it!
HOW TO COOK BEEF BROCOLLI
Cooking this beef broccoli is really as easy as 1, 2, 3. What’s critical with this recipe is making the beef tender. You will find in this blog one technique of making beef soft and chewy as the same time! Are you ready? Beef and broccoli Chinese recipes are extremely simple.
Start with choosing the right kind of beef. There are many beef cuts available in the market. The most recommended beef part for this dish is the sirloin or tenderloin since it is mostly lean meat. It’s healthy, tasty, and the best one for beef broccoli. Beef broccoli rice bowl can be made for a quick lunch to surprise all our home mates. Try to choose the beef loin which are already thinly cut. This will lessen marinating time and will let the marinade sip in the meat more.
Preparing the beef would only take you a few steps which are very simple ones. It’s basically seasoning the meat and then marinating it. There are available ready-made beef broccoli sauce in the market but you know, nothing compares with the happiness when you make everything homemade. While marinating the beef, saute some garlic and ginger and then stir-fry the broccoli florets. Make sure not to overcook the broccoli. It must remain crunchy but cooked at the end. You may try to do some taste test while cooking just to be sure.
The next step is cooking the marinated beef. Basically you will be cooking the just way you cook other marinated meat. They say that under cooking beef will give you a soft and tender result. To achieve the right texture and consistency of the meat, one technique is to add some water and let it simmer for a while. It will make your beef not just soft and tender but also juicy. Do some taste test to check if you have already achieved your desired chewiness. The reduced liquid would also be your sauce. Make sure to stir and mix the beef as you cook as to not burn the meat and dry the sauce. Add the stir-fried broccoli back to the pan and mix it well until the broccoli is coated with the sauce. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy it with hot rice! Yum! Beef broccoli meal prep are very elegant for everyday home cook.
Beef BroccoliCourse: Beef Recipes
700 grams beef slices (tenderloin/sirloin)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup water
2 cups broccoli florets
½ tablespoons ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
sesame seeds for toppings
- Prepare the beef strips and place in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside. Marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat some oil. Sauté the ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the marinated beef. Cook until most of the beef had browned.
- Add some water and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes while mixing once in a while. Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced.
- Add the stir-fried broccoli and mix well with the beef and sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds.
Beef Broccoli Recipe (Tagalog)
- 700 gramo ng piraso ng beef (tenderloin/sirloin)
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang durog na paminta
- 4 kutsarang mantika
- 1/3 tasa ng toyo
- ¼ tasa ng oyster sauce
- 1 kutsarang sesame oil
- 2 kutsarang pulang asukal
- 1 kutsarang cornstarch
- ½ tasa ng tubig
- 2 tasa ng mga piraso ng ulo ng brocolli
- ½ kutsarang luya (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 2 butil ng bawang (hiniwa)
- sesame seeds pang toppings
- Ilagay ang mga piraso ng beef sa isang malaking bowl. Pahiran ng asin at paminta. Ilagay ang mantika, toyo, oyster sauce, pulang asukal at sesame oil sa karne at haluing mabuti. I-marinate ang karne ng 15 hanggang 30 minuto.
- Sa isang mainit na kawali, igisa ang luya at ang bawang. Ilagay ang mga piraso ng broccoli at igisa ng 3 hanggang 5 minuto. Ilipat sa ibang lalagyan ang broccoli.
- Sa parehong kawali, ilagay ang minarinate na beef. Hayaan itong maluto hanggang maging brown.
- Lagyan ng tubig ang karne at hayaan itong kumulo ng 20 hanggang 25 minuto. Haluuin ito paminsan-minsan. Lutuin ang karne hanggang sa mabawasan ang sauce.
- Ilagay ang broccoli at ihalo sa beef at sauce.
- Budburan ng sesame seeds bago iserve. Enjoy!