Looking for very easy chocolate recipe that doesn’t need flour, egg or oven? Well, this chocolate cake recipe is for you. You only need 3 ingredients to make this yummy, decadent cake that will surely satisfy your cravings!
How to Cook Chocolate Cake without Oven
In the place where I am at, not many people have oven in their home. Many people are looking for ways to cook cake without oven. So, I tried some ways to make this happen. Basically, baking is cooking the food using indirect dry heat. To mimic it, I used a large pan with cover.
To cook chocolate cake without oven, you will need 3 things: pan, lid, and wire rack. The pan should be of thick material. It should have fitted cover or lid too.
I usually use my non-stick deep pan for this kind of recipe. I also bought a metal wire rack where you can place the baking pan on without touching the bottom of the pan.
In this method, you don’t have to add water. The dry heat will cook the food inside the covered pan. Do not worry about burning the pan. That’s why I mentioned that the pan should be thick material but I advise not to use pan made of stainless steel as they burn easily.
When baking using stovetop pan, USE VERY LOW HEAT. This is to avoid burning the food and the pan.
3 Ingredients Chocolate Cake
Cream-filled Cookies: In this recipe, I used a local brand cookie known as Cream-O. one of the more popular one that you can use is OREO but they are quite expensive so I used cheaper one. You can use food processor or blender to crush it because we need it to turn into fine crumbs.
MILK: In this recipe, I used evaporated milk (since that’s what available at hand that time). You can use any liquid milk, be it whole, full cream or fresh milk as alternative.
BAKING POWDER: This ingredient is needed to make the cake fluffy. This will double the size of our chocolate cake. I added it at the last part to avoid overmixing since I manually stir the milk and cookies (and that took forever before it becomes smooth!).
3 Ingredients Chocolate Cake (No Oven)
30 pieces cream-filled Cookies
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
- FOR GANACHE
1/2 cup chopped chocolate
¼ cup all-purpose cream (or whipping cream)
- Crush the cream-filled cookies until it becomes fines crumbs. You can either use food processor or blender or crush them by pounding with rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crushed cookies. Add milk. Mix well until creamy and smooth. It might take a while. Make sure that there’s no lumps.
- When smooth, add the baking powder. Mix until well-blended.
- Pour the mixture in a baking pan lined with baking paper in the bottom.
- Pre-heat the pan with cover for 5 minutes in low heat. After 5 minutes, place a wire rack on it. Then place the baking pan with chocolate mixture. “Pan-bake” for 40 to 45 minutes using low heat.
- After 40 minutes, check with toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. Remove from heat and let it cool a little before unmolding. Then, let it cool completely before adding the ganache frosting.
- COOKING CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- BY MICROWAVE: In microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave for 1 minute until the chocolate is completely melted.
- BY DOUBLE-BOILER: In a heat-proof bowl, combine the chocolate and cream. Place the bowl over a pot with boiling water. Let the heat from the water melt the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- After making the ganache, pour it immediately over the cooled caked. Add some chopped chocolates or chocolate chips on top for decoration (optional).
Watch how to Cook 3 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Cream-filled cookies: In this recipe, I used Cream-O. You can use Oreo, Bingo or any like.
- BAKING: This 3-ingredient chocolate cake can also be baked. Pre-heat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes at 180 C or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- STEAMING: You can also steam this. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil to avoid the steam water from dripping to the cake. Steam for 40 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- The chocolate ganache is optional. You can use any desired frosting for this recipe.
- In this recipe, I used 6 inches round pan