Tuna and Tofu Sisig is another variation of popular Filipino Sisig where canned tuna, tofu, onion, green chili, red chilies, mayonnaise, chicharon, spring onions are chopped and cooped along with pepper and salt. This tuna sisig with crispy tofu will tickle your taste buds and take you to another Lovel of enjoyment. This high-protein meal can be an appetizer or an ulam for your special family dinner.
TUNA SISIG WITH CRISPY TOFU
As we know, tuna sisig is one of the most famous among the new versions of sisig. It is a healthier one and will give you a strong fishy taste. Tofu sisig is less common but is healthy too. It has less fat and a good protein source. In merging these two types of sisig, the crispy outside and soft inside of a tofu complements the tenderness of the tuna meat.
This dish is so simple and very easy to make. It can be prepared around 10 – 15 minutes. It is best enjoyed with rice but can also serve as a pulutan or an appetizer. Another good thing about this dish is that it uses budget-friendly ingredients which are readily available in the market and grocery. If you haven’t thought of you dinner for tonight, give this recipe a try!
HOW TO COOK TUNA SISIG WITH CRISPY TOFU
If you are familiar with the tuna sisig and tofu sisig, making this dish is just like merging the two dishes into one. To start with this tasty dish, fry the tofu and sauté the tuna meat. It is best to use fresh tuna for this dish but canned tuna would still be okay. Mix them with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and then transfer to the sizzling plate. Do not forget to garnish with chopped spring onions and crush chicharon. Enjoy it as a pulutan or as an ulam with a lot of hot steaming rice.
Tuna Sisig with Crispy TofuCourse: Fish Recipes
1 can tuna
2 pieces of tofu (cut into small squares)
1 onion (minced)
1 piece green chili
2 pieces red chili
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 small pack of chicharon (crushed)
spring onions (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
- For the tofu, heat some oil in a pan and fry the tofu squares until golden brown and crispy. Transfer them to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil. Set aside.
- For the tuna, heat a pan and add the canned tuna without the oil. Sauté for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the onions, green and red chilies, crispy tofu, sautéed tuna and the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss the ingredients until well-combined.
- Grab a sizzling plate and melt some butter. Add the tuna sisig and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed chicharon on top and sprinkle some chopped spring onions.
- Serve the sizzling tuna sisig with tofu with hot steaming rice while it’s hot and sizzling. Enjoy!
Tuna Sisig Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 lata ng tuna
- 2 piraso ng tokwa (hiniwa ng maliliit na squares)
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 piraso ng siling pangsigang
- 2 piraso ng siling labuyo
- ¼ tasa ng mayonnaise
- 1 maliit na pakete ng chicharon (dinurog)
- spring onions (hiniwa)
- asin at paminta
- Para sa tokwa, magpainit ng mantika at iprito ang mga ito hanggang maging crispy at golden brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika. Isantabi.
- Para sa tuna, ihiwalay ang oil at ang tuna. Magpainit ng kawali at ilagay ang tuna. Igisa ito ng ilang minuto.
- Sa isang malaking bowl, ilagay ang sibuyas, mga sili, crispy tokwa, ginisang tuna at ang mayonnaise. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Dahan-dahang haluin ang mga ito ng mabuti.
- Kumuha ng sizzling plate at tunawin ang butter. Ilagay ang tuna sisig at hayaan itong maluto ng 30 segundo.
- Ilagay ang durog na chicharon sa ibabaw at ang hiniwang spring onions.
- I-serve ang sizzling tuna sisig with tofu kasama ang mainit na kanin. Enjoyin ito habang mainit at nagsi-sizzle.