Pork stir fry with eggplant is the dish that will best fit for those who want a dish complete with meat and veggies which is very quick to make. This dish comprises tender and meaty pork cuts and soft eggplant coated with the simple umami sauce made with oyster sauce and soy sauce. This is another rice topper dish you’d surely want to try!
PORK STIR FRY WITH EGGPLANT
With all the samgyup craze, my love for pork intensifies. I always have a stock of pork cuts in the fridge just for my samgyup craving. With all my pork intake, I felt a little unhealthy with my meals. Since I cannot give up the pork in my life (I tried but I really can’t), I just committed to having veggies every time I’m going to eat pork.
Stir frying pork is one of the basic dishes one can make. The best thing about stir fried pork is that there is really nothing much to do until stirring them. What I love with stir fried pork a lot is the rendered oil from the fat because this oil can solely be an ulam!
With my commitment to having veggies with pork, I added one of my fave veggies, the eggplant. Eggplants are really cool since they become soft and mushy when cooked. I really love the contrast of the textures between the pork, the eggplant, and my hot steaming rice. This is one of the best toppers you can put on rice!
If you wanna know how to make this quick pork stir fry with eggplant recipe, read and follow the simple steps below. Have fun cooking!
HOW TO COOK PORK STIR FRY WITH EGGPLANT
Stir fried dishes are the simplest and quickest dishes to make. This dish can be made in less than an hour, best served during busy days.
Prepare the eggplant pieces by slicing them. Vegetables like eggplant become dark when exposed to air so soak them in water until it’s time to use them. Next, slice the bell peppers.
Since we are using pork belly, we won’t need to add any oil in our pan. This meat cut is fatty and will render some oil during the cooking process. Saute the pork brown and until oil is rendered. To make sure that the pork is fully cooked, pour some water and let it simmer.
When the pork is tender, the water is also dried up. A new set of oil will be rendered. Use this oil to saute the aromatics. Then, add the eggplant pieces and saute. Plain stir fried pork and eggplant is already good, but for some savoury and umami action, let’s add some oyster sauce just to coat each piece.
The bell peppers are added last since they cook quickly. After a few minutes, the pork stir fry with eggplant is ready to be devoured. Prepare some hot steaming rice for you will surely go unli rice with this one! Enjoy!
Pork Stir-fry with Eggplant
500 grams pork belly
3 large eggplant
1 small bell pepper
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium onion (minced)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
Water (to cook pork)
- Slice the eggplant into small pieces and then soak them in water. Set aside.
- Prepare the bell pepper and cut them into thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat a pan (no oil) and then saute the sliced pork belly until light brown. Continue sauteing until oil is rendered from the fat.
- Season with some pepper and then add the soy sauce. Stir a bit.
- Add enough water and stir. Cover the pan and let it cook until the pork becomes tender.
- Add the minced garlic and onions. Saute for a few minutes until aromatic and light brown.
- Add the eggplant and saute well. Then, add the oyster sauce and stir gently until well combined. Cover the pan and let it cook for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the bell pepper strips and saute for a minute.
- Transfer the stir fry pork with eggplant to a serving dish. Serve this with some newly boiled rice. Enjoy!
Pork Stir-fry with Eggplant Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 500 grams liempo
- 3 malalaking talong
- 1 maliit na bell pepper
- 3 kutsara ng toyo
- 3 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1/2 kutsarita ng pamintang durog
- 1 medium na sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 4 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- tubig (para maluto ang baboy)
- Hiwain ang mga talong sa maliliit na piraso at ibabad sa tubig. Isantabi.
- Ihanda ang mga bell peppers at hiwain ng strips. Isantabi.
- Painitin ang kawali (walang mantika) at igisa ang liempo hanggang maging light brown. Lutuin pa ito hanggang lumabas na ang mantika.
- Budburan ng paminta saka ilagay ang toyo. Haluin ng konti.
- Maglagay ng tubig at haluin. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto hanggang lumambot ang baboy.
- Ilagay ang sibuyas at bawang. Igisa ang mga ito ng ilang minuto hanggang maging light brown.
- Sunod na ilagay ang mga talong at igisa. Ilagay ang oyster sauce at haluin ng dahan dahan. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 2 – 3 minuto.
- Pagkatapos ng 3 minuto, ilagay ang mga bell pepper at igisa ng isang minuto.
- Ilipat ang stir fry pork with eggplant sa serving plate. Ihain ito kasama ng bagong saing na kanin. Enjoy!