These small fluffy delicate looking zebra cakes may be the next afternoon snack you’d want to try! With just a few as 9 simple ingredients that are inexpensive and can be easily found at your home cupboards. You can make these mini zebra cake right at home, enjoyed fresh out of the oven. Make these delectable chocolate vanilla-mixed cakes with a funky looking pattern and surprise the whole family or friends with this simply quick and easy to do recipe.
The Zebra pattern in cakes
Zebras a re fascinating animals with eye catching black and white patterned stripes that are as unique as a person’s fingerprint. Not only do they have this pattern to differentiate themselves from their horse cousins it’s actually used to camouflage themselves from predators. While seeing black and white stripes in the wild seems eye catching, their stripes conceal their bodies in the tall grass when they hide from lions since these predators can’t distinguish colors. They also serve as a distraction for those animals that focus on the stripped pattern instead of the animal giving themselves ample or at least some time to get away.
While their distinctive pattern plays an important role in surviving in the wild. Zebra patterns in the ‘human world’ are seen printed on clothes, used as wall papers, in art, and in food. As a fashion trend comes and goes, this zebra print was one of the most popular animal prints for many as stripes are very complimentary for those who want to look taller or slimmer. Animal print in clothes gives you a presence of being daring and bold. And while this zebra print looks very much eye catching, it muted enough form the black and white color that it could be merged with other textures, colors, and even more patterns. It could look dressed up or casual easily. In food culture, zebra print are one of the many animal patterns that have been tried and popularized through the trends and out of people’s ideal looking cake, favorite character, or just a favorite animal that you appreciate.
Why should you try making these?
These marbled zebra patterned cake is actually easier to make despite how it looks. All you need are separately mixing or blending the wet ingredients like milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla essence with powdered sugar, and the other dry ingredients such as all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. All mixed together till it’s turned into a smooth and creamy looking pattern. Separated into halves, with one mixed with cocoa powder to give you that chocolate taste and dark brown color that’ll be the main décor to create the stripes. Its then added into a cupcake or muffin mold greased with butter or oil. With the batter being dropped alternately from vanilla and chocolate, dropping each time in the middle to make them look like a dart board. After all the molds are filled and there are no batters left. Take a toothpick and from one corner of the mold dip the toothpick and pull it towards the middle. Repeat this as much as you like, this is the most important part as this creates the zebra pattern you’ll be showing off once it’s baked and sliced into half of bitten. These are then baked till it puffs up into the muffin or cupcake like look we’re all familiar with. Then taken out of the oven to cool to room temperature. Taken off the pan by scraping off the sides. These swirled delicious and marvelous cakes are a delight that both kids and adults will love!Show of your baking skills with this easy to follow recipe.
This zebra cake pattern may look hard to do but with the directions below you’ll find that it’s just a whisk of a few stokes to do.
Mini Zebra CakeCourse: Dessert, Snacks
A fluffy adorable stripped mini cake
2/3 cup powdered sugar
½ cup refined oil
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- In a blender, blend powdered sugar, refined oil, milk, vinegar, and vanilla essence.
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients in 2 parts to the dry ingredients and mix well. Once smooth set aside.
- Divide the batter into half. In one half, mix this with the cocoa powder.
- Prepare a muffin or cupcake pan and grease these with oil or butter.
- Pour 1 spoon of chocolate batter then pour 1 spoon of white batter in the middle alternately in each mold. Do these till there are no batter left.
- To made the zebra pattern, use a toothpick and from one corner of the mold, dip the toothpick and pull the batter to the middle. Repeat for 4 corners. Tap to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C or 356°F oven for 15 minutes.
- After baking, let these cool for a bit. Then scrape the side and take it off the molds. Serve warm.
Mini Zebra cake recipe (tagalog)
- 2/3 tasa powdered sugar
- ½ tasa refined oil
- ½tasa gatas
- 1 kutsaritang suka
- 1 kutsaritang vanilla essence
- 1 tasa harina
- 1 kutsarang baking powder
- ½ kutsarang baking soda
- 1 ½ kutsaritang cocoa powder
- Sa blender, iblend ang powdered sugar, redined oil, gatas, suka, at vanilla essence.
- Sa isang mangkok, haluin ang harina, baking powder, at baking soda.
- Isama ang basa sa tuyong halo ng 2 parte at haluin ng mabuti.
- Ihati ang batter sa dalawa. Sa isang kalahati haluan ito ng cocoa powder.
- Maghanda ng muffin o cupcake na molde at igrasa ito ng mantika o mantikilya.
- Lagyan ng 1 kutsarang tsokolateng batter at 1 kutsarang puting batter sa gitna. Ulit ulitin ito sa bawat molde hanggang may pagkapuno ito at wala nang natitirang batter.
- Para magmukang sebra, gumamit ng toothpick at sa isang dulo ng molde, itusok ang toothpick at ihila ito pagitna. Ulitin ito ng 4 na beses sa ibat bang dulo ng molde. Tapikin para matanggalan ng hangin.
- Iluto sa 180°C o 356°F na oben ng 15 na minuto.
- Pagkatapos lutuin, palamigin ito ng konti. Isimut ang mga gilid gamit ang spatula or kutsilyo at tangalin sa molde. Ihanda ng mainit init pa.