An easy decadent dessert to look forward to on the weekends and late nights! This creamy simple and delicious take on the cheesecake is made easy with just 5 ingredients made of graham crackers, butter, white chocolate, cream cheese, and all purpose cream. Whip this sweet dessert to share with family friends or to enjoy by yourself!
A short Cheesecake history
Cheesecake has many variations, flavored with citrus, a combination of cookies, or other flavorings like ube, variety of fruits, and even mixed with the choices of dark, milk, or white chocolate. These days cheesecake can be found anywhere at groceries, local bakeries and especially made in the comfort of home.
The first Cheesecake is believed to be made around 200BCE by Romans, who then spread these to Europe and, America centuries after. These were called ‘libuma’ and served on special occasions. This popular dessert made it’s way to Eastern Europe which were experimented and expanded upon to create the form of cheesecake we are now more familiar with. Cream cheese recipes now are usually associated with cream cheese, butter, eggs, milk, and sweetener, baked or frozen into completion and brought anywhere from family gatherings, small get-togethers, big parties or holidays.
White Chocolate in Cheesecake?
White chocolate is a type of chocolate made similarly with the usual combinations of cocoa butter, milk solids, and, sugar, but does not contain cocoa solids like dark and milk chocolate. It was launched in 1936, Europe my Nestle, which attracted interest that came to create popular chocolate confections such as white Kisses by Hershey, as well as cookies and cream bars. Though white chocolate is not considered ‘chocolate’ as this not have chocolate liquor mixed in which creates the bitter flavor and color to milk and dark chocolate. Many still see this as a type of chocolate.
September 22ndis National White Chocolate day, while March 5this National White chocolate Cheesecake day, even the days of the year love to celebrate a day for desserts. In this recipe, the white chocolate helps reduced the need for other ingredients. The sweetness from the chocolate and combination of this with the cream cheese and all purpose cream with around 25% of fat helps elevate this simple treat into a creamy delicious worth it dessert!
This recipe is a quick no back dessert you can make anytime of the week!
White Chocolate Cheesecake (using 5 ingredients)Course: Cake Recipes, Desserts
A sweet creamy and snowy white cake:
10 – 12 pcs. Graham crackers
1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup white chocolate chunks
1 cup cream cheese
2 cups all purpose cream
½ cup white chocolate (shredded)
- For the crust; in a blender or grinder, add the graham crackers and grind. Once this looks like sand, add 1/3 cup of melted butter and grind again. Set aside.
- In a pan, place a parchment paper at the bottom, or make a makeshift cross using two long strips of parchment paper. Then place the bottom parchment. These can help lift out the cake later.
- Place the crust mixture in the pan and press this down. Keep this in the fridge to chill while making the filling.
- For the filling; melt white chocolate and 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. Mix this till it looks smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream cheese till fluffy, add all purpose cream 1 cup at a time, and melted white chocolate and whisk well. Add this over the graham crust. And chill for 3 hours to overnight. Keep 1 – 2 cups of filling in a piping bag with a star tip.
- Once chilled, pull the ‘cross’ corners to lift the cake up. Or place a plate over the pan and flip and tap the bottom of the pan. Take the pan and parchment paper off. Use another plate and flip this back again. So the graham crust is at the bottom. Use a spatula to smoothen the edges.
- Use the pipe to decorate all over the top of the cheesecake, chill if the topping turns too soft. Top with white chocolate shreds before serving.
- Using all purpose cream that has around 25g fat will make the cheesecake creamier and a bit sweeter.
- Make sure the chill the all purpose cream overnight.
White Chocolate Cheesecake using 5 ingredients recipe (Tagalog)
- 10 – 12 pcs. Graham crackers
- 1/3 tasa mantikilya na walang asin (tunaw)
- 1 kutsarang mantikilya na walang asin
- 1 tasa puting tsokolate (hatihati)
- 1 tasa cream cheese
- 2 tasa all purpose cream
- ½ tasa putting tsokolate (giniling)
- Para sa crust; gamit ang blender o grinder ibudbod ang graham crackers, lagyan ng 1/3 tasa ng mantikilya at haluin ulit sa blender. Itabi.
- Sa isang pan, lagyan ng parchment paper sa baba, o gumawa ng cross gamit ang 2 mahaba na parchment paper. Tapos ilagay ang pambaba na parchment. Ito ay opsyonal para ma itaas ang cake mamaya.
- Ilagay ang crust mixture sa pan at pindutin pababa. Iwanin ito sa fridge para lumamig habang ginagawa ang filling.
- Para sa filling; tunawin ang putting tsokolate at 1 kutsarang mantikilya sa microwave ng 15 o 30 segundo. Haluin ito ng maiigi.
- Sa ibang mangkok, haluin ang cream cheese hanggang maging fluffy, lagyan ng all purpose cream, haluin ito ng isa’t isang tasa, haluin din dito ang tinunaw na tsokolate. Ilugar ito sa ibabaw ng crust. Iwanin sa ref ng 3 oras o magdamag. Lagyan ng 1 o 2 tasa ng filling sa piping bag na may star tip.
- Paglumamig na, hilain ang ‘cross’ para ma tangal ang cake. O ilugar ang plato sa taas ng pan at ibaligtad ito. Tanggalin ang pan at parchment paper, gumamit ulit ng plato at ibaliktad ito para nasa baba na ang crust. Gumamit ng spatula para linisin ang mga gilid.
- Gamitin ang pipe para madekorasyon ang taas ng keyk. Ipalamig pag masyadong lumambot ang keyk. Lagyan ng putting tsokolate sa itaas bago iserve.