Want some KFC style Fried chicken but don’t want to bother to go out and drive out to look for a KFC store, or don’t want to be bothered by the line or the idea of paying some money for delivery? Well we’ve got you this chicken recipe to try out and maybe even mix up to create you own version of the best fried chicken you’ll ever take a bite out of. This KFC style chicken is so good that you’ll be making batches to share with friends and family.
Why do people love KFC?
KFC is a popular fast food chain that’s popular for their famous original chicken recipe. Like many other fast food chains, they serve fried chicken with other familiar snacks like fries, mash potatoes, burgers and many more. The Kentucky Fried Chicken is actually deeply rooted to American history, aside from its famous urban legend of 11 secret herbs and spices blend of which many have guessed to be a mix of salt, basil, oregano, thyme, celery salt, dried mustard, black pepper, garlic salt, paprika, white pepper, and ground ginger, for their top secret recipe on what makes the fried chicken its trademark flavor. Though unverified its suffice to say that whatever is added into the chicken just makes it pretty darn delicious. But how did the KFC chicken get so popular? It taste like an explosion of flavor in your mouth, mainly because it hits almost all of the notes, from salty, sweet, savory and umami, plus that extra crunch which makes the overall experience so satisfying.
How to do this KFC style Fried Chicken?
To make this deliciously yummy KFC style chicken all you need are s few ingredients and minimal steps. First of which is to make the marinade, to make this, simply mix together some tomato ketchup, soy sauce, ground pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder and salt. To add more umami flavor into this, add a pack of chicken flavored seasoning you can easily get in a chicken noodle pack. This adds that strong ‘chicken taste’ as well as almost msg flavor into the dish. After mixing the marinade well. Add in the chicken, making sure to massage the sauce all over especially underneath the chicken skin. Cover this and keep it aside to marinade for a few hours, or in the fridge overnight. While waiting, prepare the coating, in a bowl mix together some all purpose flour, cornstarch to make the chicken extra crispy, seasonings like salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and turmeric powder. Once the chicken has marinated, coat it well with the breading mix and dip it in water to use as a glue to pat it well with another layer of coating. Doing this will ensure a nice thick crust tat will not only make that delicious flavorful skin, but also help keep the chicken meat juicy and avoid it from being burnt. Take the chicken and carefully add it into the hot oil. Making sure its hot enough to make it quick and east to cook, make sure to flip the chicken around as well, this helps it cook evenly and ensure all the sides are nicely cooked and tender. Take them out once it reaches a nice golden color, some even try to poke the chicken with a fork or toothpick to check once its cooked in the inside, poking it will bring out the juices, it should come out clear and not pink. Take them out off the hot oil and place over a paper tower or rack to remove any leftover juices. Serve warm with a side of fries and gravy.
Chow down on this delicious alternative to getting out in the summer sun and just keep in the comfort and safety of your own home with this tasty and absolutely delicious KFC style Fried Chicken recipe.
KFC Style Fried ChickenCourse: Main, LunchCuisine: American
A finger lickin good chicken dish right at the comfort of your home
- For the Chicken
1 whole chicken (cut to pieces)
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
½ tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pack chicken flavored seasoning (optional)
- For the Coating
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
water for dipping
- oil for frying
- For the Chicken
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and chicken flavored seasoning. If this feels a bit dry, add a teaspoon of water.
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix well into the marinade. Make sure everything is coated. Cover with cling wrap and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- For the Coating
- In another bowl, mix all purpose flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder.
- Take the chicken and coat them one by one into the coating mixture. Making sure every part if fully coated. Dip it in water and coat with the flour mixture once again. Repeat for every chicken piece.
- For frying
- To fry, heat some oil in a pot at medium high heat. Deep-fry the chicken for 15 minutes or till lightly browned. Making sure not to overcrowd the pot.
- Flip the chicken often to make sure its cooked evenly.
- Take it off the heat and serve with gravy and a side of fries.
While the real KFC style fried chicken may or may not have really been revealed to the world, there are many recipes made from trial and errors that have proved t be almost the same thing to one of our favorite fast food chains. In this recipe below, we’re sure to amaze you to take on a recipe that taste all so similar to the popular original Kentucky Fried chicken.
KFC style Fried Chicken recipe (tagalog)
Para sa Manok
- 1 buong manok (hinatihati sa mga piraso)
- 1 kutsarang tomato ketchup
- ½ kutsarang soy sauce
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- 1 kutsaritang garlic powder
- 1 kutsaritang ginger powder
- ¼ kutsaritang asin
- 1 pakete chicken flavored seasoning (opsyonal)
Para sa Coating
- 1 ½ tasa harina
- ¼ tasa cornstarch
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang garlic powder
- 1 kutsaritang chili powder
- ¼ kutsaritang turmeric powder
- tibig pang babad
mantic pang primo
Para sa Manok
- Sa mangkok, haluin ang ketchup, soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder, asin, at chicken flavored seasoning. Pagmasyadong matuyo, haluan ng kutsaritang tubig.
- Isama ang mga manok na piraso at haluin ng maasyo sa marinade. Siguraduhing natatakpan itong lahat. Takpan ng cling wrap at itabi ng 1-2 na oras.
Para sa Coating
- Sa ibang mangkok, haluin ang harina, cornstarch, garlic powder, chili powder, asin, at turmeric powder.
- Kunin ang manok at ibabad ang mga ito sa coating na halo. Siguraduhing natakpan ang mga ito ng maayos ng harina. Ibabad sa tubig at takpan muli ng harina. Ulutin para sa bawat manok na parte.
Para sa pagprito
- Para iprito, initin ang mantika sa palayok na may malakas na init. Iprito ang mga manok ng 15 minuto o hanggang magkayumanggi ng kulay. Wag isabaysabay ang pagprito dahil madidikit ang mga ito.
- Baliktarin ang mga manok para siguraduhing naluto ito ng pantay.
- Tanggalin sa init at ihanda kasama ng gravy at mga fries.