The mouth-watering creamy and meaty carbonara sauce dripping from the perfectly cooked noodles served and prepared inside a loving Filipino household. What more can you possibly wish for?
Carbonara Filipino Style
As we all know Carbonara is a well-known as the silky tender noodles with an extra creamy and cheesy flavorful white sauce. It is a proud food invention from Rome, Italy which became very famous all around the world including the Philippines. Filipinos surely love this Italian recipe; in fact, it is one of foreign dishes that do not miss any of the celebrations because it is very easy to make.
The original Italian recipe is mainly made from egg, hard cheese, pepper, and guanciale – a cured pork. With these ingredients, many would be intimidated to try this at home. Being the creative chefs’ Filipinos really are, they come up with the amazing Carbonara Filipino Style recipe with the rich resources from the country.
I personally prefer the Filipino Style Carbonara over the original one, not that I am being biased but because Filipinos really were born to be extra. I love my carbonara with overloaded cream and excess cheese on top of the small portion of drowning noodles.
How to make Carbonara Filipino Style
You can cook a Filipino Style Carbonara in less than half an hour, no kidding. Since it is very easy and affordable to make, every family chefs see to it that it would be sitting beside the famous Filipino spaghetti or pancit. This makes Filipino Handaan extra special and fun since variety of dishes is waiting to be devoured by the crowd.
The primary ingredients include some spices, meat and ham, creamers, mushrooms, cheese, and noodles, that’s basically it. In a pan, you have to combine the sautéed spices with meat and ham. Add the creamers. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Lastly, throw the perfectly cooked noodles in. And voila! There you have it, Carbonara but of Filipino version!
500 grams spaghetti noodles
5 pieces chop bacon
5 pieces chop ham
1 piece minced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
200g sliced mushroom
370 ml evaporated milk
284 ml cream of mushroom
250 ml all-purpose cream
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package instruction.
- While you wait for the noodles to be cooked, you can start making the sauce by sautéing chopped bacon and ham. After that, add the minced onion for a minute. Add the garlic and let it cook for at least half a minute to prevent from burning. Put some sliced mushrooms. Saute’ for a minute
- Then, pour the evaporated milk as you stir well. Then, add cream mushroom and all-purpose cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens up, add the cooked pasta. Mix and stir to combine the sauce to the pasta. Turn off the heat and transfer the dish onto a plate.
- Top with grated cheese and garnish with bacon bits and chopped parsley (optional).