This quick spicy prawn recipe will be your new next party favorite! Loaded with intense flavors and a truckload of savory crunchy goodness. Crunchy Chili Garlic Prawns are a tasty stir-fried treat that any seafood lover would love, a yummy dish that only takes around 10 minutes to make, are convenient, and easy to do. make your lunches and dinner more fun and amazing with this quick to do dish, even your weekends afternoon will turns spicier and wonderful with this crunchy chicli garlic prawns dish.
Difference of prawns and shrimp
What makes prawns and shrimps so different when they look so similar? Both are farmed, caught and sold everywhere in the world. In Australia, Ireland, UK, and New Zealand use the term ‘prawn’ to call both the prawn and shrimp. In North America the word ‘shrimp’ is used more frequently, and the word ‘prawn’ is used to describe a bigger or large shrimp caught in fresh water. While prawns and shrimps have the same consistency they come from different branches of the crustacean family tree. Both being ‘decapods’ of ’10 footed’ as both the shrimps and prawns have 10 legs. There are however two types f crustaceans that come from different suborders of decapods. Shrimps are associated with pleocyemata with lobsters, crabs, and crayfish. While the prawns belong to the dendrobranchiata suborder. They both can be used interchangeably as they both have the same exoskeleton dividing to three parts, the abdomen, thorax and head. but the shrimp has the thorax overlapping with the head and abdomen, whereas prawns, each segment overlaps with each other. This is because prawns cannot bend their bodies the way shrimps can. Another difference is where shrimps and prawns are found and caught. Shrimps can both be found in the bottom of the body of water they live in, perched on the seafloor. In cold and warm water, they can also be seen from the poles to the tropics and salt and fresh water. Prawns can also be found in both but most of them are found in fresh waters, as they prefer warmer waters. There are however various species of prawn found in the Northern Hemisphere under sold waters. The most common way to differentiate the Shrimp and Prawn are the sizes. Prawns tend to be bigger however there are also exceptions to the rule as some shrimps are also a variety of prawns. However much you it still depends on if you prefer larger sized ‘shrimps’ to eat or a lot smaller sized ‘shrimp or prawns’. But they can be interchangeable in this recipe.
How to do Chili Garlic Prawns
To make these Chili Garlic Prawns, all you need to do is prepare the shrimps or prawns by taking off the head, legs, and tails. Devein the back as well to make it easier and quick to eat. Washing the prawns again and setting them aside to heat up a pot full of oil. The prawns are then fried and cooked o each side till it changes in color. Once each side has turned pink them off the heat. In another pan, prepare the sauce by sautéing garlic in olive oil or any oil available making these crisp and perfect to use as topping after. Take the garlic off the pan once they’ve browned. Add in the onions and sauté till a bit translucent and then bring back the prawns. Sprinkle these with chili flakes to give it some spice, some salt, and sugar, toss back the fried garlic and add some spring onions for some color. Mix these all up before serving.
Chili Garlic Prawns looks complicated and hard t make, but with just 8 ingredients and a few minutes. You can whip up this savory meal at home.
Crunchy Chili Garlic PrawnsCourse: Appetizers, Dinner
A crispy delicious shrimp snack
½ kilo medium-sized prawns
1 cup and 2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon chili flakes
2 stalks spring onion (chopped)
- Prepare the shrimp by trimming the head and whiskers, legs, and tail, devein by slicing the back and removing the ‘black line’. Wash them after.
- Preheat a cup of cooking oil in a pan at medium heat for 5 minutes. Fry the prawns for 2 minutes on each side. Once both sides have turned pink, take this off the pan.
- In another pan at low heat, add oil, sauté the garlic for 10 minutes then remove these from the pan. Add and sauté the onions, then add back the prawns. Sprinkle salt and sugar mix well.
- Sprinkle chili flakes and mix well, toss back the toasted garlic and add the spring onions. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want a punch of flavor that just takes a few minute of the day to make. This recipe is fore you. There is just nothing like a garlicky, spicy, crunchy layer coated over a tender and well cooked shrimp to partner with a steaming cup or rice, some side dishes, or by itself as a snack to pick you up for the day or made on the weekends to enjoy an iced cold alcoholic drink with. Make your weekdays brighter and your weekends to the next level with this Crunchy Chili Garlic Prawns recipe. This is just so delicious we hope you try it yourself!
Crunchy Chili Garlic Prawns recipe (tagalog)
- ½ kilo katamtamang laking hipon
- 1 tasa at 2 kutsarang mantika
- 2 butil ng bawang (tinadtad)
- 1 katamtamang laking pulang sibuyas (tinadtad)
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang asukal
- 1 kutsarang chili flakes
- 2 tangkay dahon ng sibuyas (tinadtad)
- Para ihanda ang hipon, putuilin ang harap ng ulo, kumo, mga paa, at buntot, tanggalit din ang ugat, hiwain ang likod nito at tanggalin ang makikitang ‘itim na linya’. Hugasin ulit ang mga ito.
- Maginit ng 1 tasa ng mantikia sa kawali na may katamtamang init. Initin ng 5 minuto bago iprito ang ga hipon ng 2 minuto sa bawat gilid. Pagnagkulay rosas na ito, tanggalin ito sa init.
- Sa ibang kawali na may mababng init, lagyan ng mantika, lutuin ang bawang ng 10 minuto tapos tanggalin ito sa kawali. Ilagay ang sibuyas at ibaik ang mga hipon. Wisikan ng asin at asukal, haluin ng mabuti.
- Wisikan ng chili flakes at haluin, isama ang nilutong bawang at dahon ng sibuyas. Haluin ng mabuti,
- Ihanda at ienjoy!