Chorizo Fried Rice is a popular fried rice prepared with leftover cold rice, chorizos, garlic, onion, carrot, eggs, soy sauce, spring onion and salt. It’s a great option to add to your weekly menu since everything can be easily found at home and just by stir-frying everything for a few minutes you’ve created a nicely flavoured tasty meal. Check out the recipe below and have a go at creating your own chorizo fried rice!
What is a Chorizo?
Chorizo the Latin word for ‘salted’ is a fermented and cured smoked sausage that’s sliced or sometimes eaten by itself, without cooking, or as an added flavor to some dishes. Known for their Smokey flavor and deep red color from the dried and smoked red peppers. Some chorizos are eaten like sausages especially in Spain and Portuguese. It can be seen eaten like a hotdog that’s been grilled, or simmered in liquids like water, apple cider vinegar, or strong alcoholic beverages, it can be fried placed between bread to make a sandwich, or taken out of the casing to make into fried ice or as a replacement for minced or ground beef or pork.
In Spain chorizo is made from chopped pork and pork fat that’s been seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic, pimento, and salt that is either classified as spicy or sweet depending on the kind of pimento used. Spain produces many pork specialties that are cured and air-dried. In Mexico, chorizo is based on the Spanish chorizo. Though Mexican chorizo are not just made of pork but can be made of venison, chicken, beef, turkey, tofu and even kosher and vegan versions are made. The meats are ground rather than chopped and the seasoning differ depending on the meat used, Mexican chorizo are usually made of native chili peppers and are spices than Spanish or Portuguese sausages they’re also typically longer in size. In the Philippines chorizo closely resembles the longganisa. While the Philippines still has their own version of chorizo flavored with indigenous spices and are made of with beef, chicken, or tuna, colored with achuete or annatto seeds.
Why do people like fried rice?
Fried Rice is a stir-fried rice dish usually cooked in a wok or frying pan with a mix of other ingredients like vegetables, minced meat or seafood, eggs, that’s served as itself or with a said of another main dish or dumplings. A quintessential comfort food for some its once of the most popular rice dishes in the world. What’s great with fried rice is that is a dish that can be adapted to any ingredients available at home and any seasoning you like, and can be done with leftover or cold rice, stirred and mixed for a few minutes to create a full meal.
To make this fried rice with chorizo recipe all you need is some chorizo that’s heated and sautéed in the wok for a few minutes to bring out all the flavors. Add some aromatics like garlic and onions, setting these on the side and scramble the eggs, when its almost fully cooked mixed them all together and add the carrots and rice. toss them well. You want the rice to feel fluffy rather than mushed so while you want to mix them all properly together you don’t want to add a lot of force to keep it from mushing together. Add some salt and soy sauce for some flavor and toss them around well. Cover it up for a minute just so everything can come together and you’ve completely made a whole meal ready to be enjoyed by yourself, friends, and the whole family.
Why try this recipe? This Chorizo recipe is a quick no need to make a main dish type of meal with everything mixed in fried rice turning it into a complete meal.
Chorizo Fried RiceCourse: Easy Meals, Rice Recipes
A delicious mix of flavors that fill you up
15 pieces original flavor Chorizo de Cebu
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion (diced)
1 medium sized carrot (diced)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup spring onion
- Prepare the wok in medium heat and add the oil. Saute the chorizo for 4-5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for another minute. Add the garlic and sauté for a while. Place these on the side and add the eggs on one side. Once the egg has cooked mix them together and season with salt.
- Add the carrots and rice. Stir the rice continuously till everything has fully combined.
- Pour in the soy sauce and mix well. Add the spring onions and carefully stir till everything is combined.
- Cover the wok for a minute then serve immediately.
Chorizo Fried Rice recipe (tagalog)
- 15 piraso original flavor Chorizo de Cebu
- 5 butil ng bawang (tinadtad)
- 1 sibuyas (tadtad)
- 1 karot (tadtad)
- 2 itlog
- malamig na kanin
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- 2 kutsarang soy sauce
- 1 tasa dahon ng sibuyas
- Ihanda ang wok na may katamtamang init. Lagyan ng mantika at iluto ang chorizo ng 4-5 na minuto.
- Isama ang sibuyas at lutuin ng isang minuto. Idagdag ang sibuyas at lutuin ito ng konti. Itabi sa isang gilid at ilagay ang mga itlog sa kabila. Pagnaluto na ang mga itlog haluin ang magkabilaan at wisikan ng asin.
- Idagdag ang mga karot at kanin. Haluin ito ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang soy sauce at haluin ng mabuti. Isama ang spring onion at haluin hangang sama sama na ang lahat.
- Takpan ng 1 minuto bago ihanda.