This crowd pleasing dish will be a sure hit at any party, friend and family gathering, or self indulgent day you’ve prepared for yourself. Mouthwatering, delicious, eaten as a appetizer main dish, or an afternoon snack, you’ll be sure that everyone from kidsto adults will love them. Try this easy peasy oh so yummy chicken dish that takes only 15 minutes or less to make. Try out this Chicken Poppers dish and get ready to be amazed by how crispy and tender these chicken poppers are!
Why people love Chicken dishes
People go crazy for the crispy outer layer combo and a chewy, tender, or gooey filling. Whether we go for a dessert or a savory snack or main meal, no one can deny this crispy and sort combo is a sure win for many. But not only are chicken dishes so yummy, they’re actually really healthy. In America an average person eats at least 2 pounds of chicken a week. They’re a healthy choice for your source of protein, if you eat enough of protein you can also build up muscle and get a healthy metabolism. The chicken breast for example is a versatile and inexpensive compared to other parts or meat counterparts. The breast while sometimes hard to cook unless breaded and fried are still once of the healthiest parts of the chicken and are really easy to add into your main dishes or if you need some meats for soups. They contain no starch or sugar and have no carbohydrates. It also has less fat, and like most chicken parts, strengthen bones, reduce appetite since its protein rich, it keeps the body full and fill you up with energy and helps reduce food cravings.
How to make Chicken Poppers?
In this chicken poppers dish, all you need are chicken breast cut to bite sized pieces, mixed in with seasonings like soy sauce, salt, vinegar, black pepper, all purpose seasoning, and dried oregano or any other herb you prefer like thyme or rosemary, and some garlic powder. Mix these well together and set aside to marinade. These will then be dipped in a breading mixture made of flour, cornstarch needed to give the chicken that crisp texture, baking powder to puff the batter up, salt, and chili powder for that spice. Then dipped into the beaten egg, and back to the flour to really ensure we have a nice thick enough coating to make the outer layer crisp and thick enough to keep the inside from drying up and cooked properly tender. These are then deep fried over a pot full of oil, if you prefer to bake them these can be baked but make sure to turn the chicken around to make sure all the parts are cooked and nicely browned. You can also use an air fryer. Serve this up by itself or make a cheese dip or sour cream with Siracha dip for a spicy and refreshing kick, or simply toss these fresh fried bits in flavored powders like garlic and cheese, wasabi, and honey lemon. These little finger licking chicken goodness, are just so irresistibly delicious you’ll be left wanting more.
Who doesn’t love an easy recipe to make? Whether you’re always in a rush for time or just not in the mood to labor so much in the kitchen. This classic and easy to do chicken popper dish can not only liven up the party, but is so easy to change it up and suit whatever theme you have going on.
Chicken PoppersCourse: Main, Snacks
A crispy quick to do chicken meal
- For the Chicken
½ kilogram chicken breast (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the Breading
¾ cup flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 egg (beaten)
2 cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, mix together; chicken, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, all purpose seasoning, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- For the breading; mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and chili powder.
- Dip the chicken into the breading, shake off the excess flour and dip this in the beaten egg, and coat it again with flour. Repeat till all the chopped chicken has been coated.
- Preheat 2 cups of oil in a pot at medium heat for 5 minutes. Deep fry the chicken bits for 5 minutes of till they turn golden brown.
- Take it off the heat, serve and enjoy!
These chicken poppers can be made even better with some sour onion powder and other flavorings, freshly melted cheese and jalapenos for that extra kick of flavor and spice. These are also meal prep friendly which makes them a great lunch to dinner meal that you also need to pop in the oven, microwave, or the best way to really make them crispy, fry them up with as much or a little oil as you need. These chicken poppers aren’t just easy and simple to make, they’re also so addicting good that you’ll be wanting to make batches and bates of breaded chicken to be frozen and be ready to fry whenever you want.
Chicken Poppers recipe (tagalog)
Para sa manok
- ½ kilo dibdib ng manok (hinati sa maliliit)
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang soy sauce
- 1 kutsaritang suka
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- 1 kutsaritang all purpose seasoning
- 1 kutsaritang dried oregano
- 1 kutsaritang garlic powder
Para sa Breading
- ¾ tasa harina
- ¼ tasa cornstarch
- ½ kutsaritang baking powder
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang chili powder
- 1 itlog (batihin)
- 2 tasa mantika
- Sa isang mangkok; haluin ang manok, asin, soy sauce, suka, paminta, all purpose seasoning, dried oregano, at garlic powder. Itabi,
- Para sa breading, haluin ang harina, cornstarch, baking powder, asin at chili powder.
- Isawsaw ang manok sa breading, tanggalin ang sobrang harina at ibaabd ito sa binate na itlog, ibalik sa breading at suguraduhing natakpan ito ng maayos. Ulitin hanggang nalagyan na ng breading ang lahat ng manok.
- Initin ang 2 tasa ng mantika sa palayok na may katamtamang init. Initn ito ng 5 minuto. Iprito ang mga manok ng 5 minuto o hanggang mag kulay kayumanggi.
- Tanggalin sa init, ihanda at mag-enjoy!