Pork and cabbage soup is a Vietnamese-style soup made by adding pork broth and chopped cabbage to a sautéed mixture of ground pork, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, chopped leek and oil. This pork soup with cabbage is known as Canh is best suited with steamed rice.
CABBAGE AND PORK SOUP
Summertime and the rainy season both made me wanna make soup. It makes me refreshed everytime I sipped some before I start my lunch during a sunny hot day. The newly-prepared hot steaming soup is best during the rainy season to keep me warm. Soup just don’t pick a season—the soup chooses you.
Anything can be a good soup if you know how to make a nice broth. One of the easiest and most famous broth is the pork broth. The classic pork broth is made from simmering pork bones for a long time until the flavor is fully-infused in the broth. To make a quick broth, pork broth cubes are much more efficient to use for today’s fast-paced world.
With the long preparation time for the classic pork broth, one way to infuse the pork flavor in a quick and easy way is to use ground pork. During the simmering process, some of the small bits of pork melts in the liquid, giving you an intense authentic pork flavor.
If you’re too busy but wanted to prepare a nice soup for your family, the cabbage and pork soup is the right one for you. Not only will you have a savoury broth to enjoy, you are also able to add one of the most nutritious vegetable—the cabbage.
HOW TO COOK CABBAGE AND PORK SOUP
This quick and easy savoury soup will only take you 5 steps. Start by sautéing your aromatics and the ground pork. It is recommended to use lean ground meat so your soup will not be too fatty and oily. Make a nice pork broth using the natural flavor from the ground pork enhanced by the pork broth cube and some umami goodness from the soy sauce. As the nice pork forms itself, add the chopped cabbage and let it soften. Your soup is done and garnish it with some chopped leeks before sipping.
Cabbage and Pork SoupCourse: Uncategorized
1 medium-sized onion (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
700 grams ground pork
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 cups of water
1 pork broth cube
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 cups cabbage (chopped)
1 leek (chopped)
oil (for sauteing)
- Heat some oil using medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the ground pork and saute until it changes color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the water and add the pork broth cube and soy sauce. Mix well and cover the pan until the water boils.
- Add the chopped cabbage and cover the pan for 7 to 10 minutes and let it simmer until the cabbage softens.
- Transfer the cabbage and pork soup in a serving bowl and garnish with some chopped leeks. Enjoy!
Cabbage and Pork Soup Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa)
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa)
- 700 grams giniling na baboy
- ½ kutsarita ng asin
- ½ kutsarita ng paminta
- 4 tasa ng tubig
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1 kutsara ng toyo
- 3 tasa ng repolyo (hiniwa)
- 1 leek (hiniwa)
- mantika (pang-gisa)
- Magpainit ng mantika gamit ang katamtamang apoy. Igisa ang sibuyas at bawang ng ilang minuto.
- Ilagay ang giniling na baboy at igisa hanggang mag-iba na ang kulay. Budburan ng asin at paminta.
- Ilagay ang tubig, pork broth cube at toyo. Haluin at takpan ang kawali hanggang kumulo.
- Ilagay ang repolyo at takpan ang kawali ng 7 hanggang 10 minuto hanggang lumambot.
- Ilipat ang cabbage and pork soup sa isang serving bowl at budburan ng hiniwang leeks sa ibabaw. Enjoy!