Stir-fried Green Beans with Pork is prepared by Mixing and cooking pre fried pork belly slices with fried green beans and chopped bell pepper. Seasoning ingredients like chopped garlic, soy sauce, oyster Sauce, pepper is added and cooked more to meat become more tender. With some added meaty flavour from the pork belly cuts, this pork and green beans stir-fry will surely go best with hot steaming rice. Yum!
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF GREEN BEANS
When you walk along the veggie aisle of the grocery, you might notice that there are a lot of green beans. They are all vegetables with beans inside but how do they differ exactly?
I’m gonna share with you three of the most common green beans you will encounter in the grocery or in the market.
- Yardlong/String beans(Sitaw): As the name suggests, this green bean is very long. Their length can range from 12 to 14 inches (or more).
- Winged bean (Sitsaro): This bean is short and a bit flat.
- Snap beans: They are much shorter than the yardlong bean but is almost similar in character. This is the type of green bean which we will use in this recipe.
STIR FRIED GREEN BEANS
It’s harvest time again! I really feel like a garden goddess whenever I take a stroll on our backyard to gather some veggies. What I love having a veggie garden outside is you can have the freshest ingredients with one pick!
For this season, what we harvested are green beans which we usually add in different dishes like chopseuy and pancit. This time, the green beans need to have its own spotlight so we are making a dish where green beans is the main ingredient! Just like any other veggies, green beans are best for stir fried dishes.
If you wanna know how to make some dishes with green beans with pork like stir fried green beans, read and follow the quick and easy steps below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE STIR FRIED GREEN BEANS
Making stir fried green beans is as easy as other stir fried dishes. This recipe is quick and will only take you a few minutes.
Harvest your green beans or buy from the market. Remove the ends of the veggie before stir frying. This was one of the few mistakes I had a long time ago. I was not able to remove the ends, so the oil wasn’t able to penetrate the inside. It ended up with a chewy, fibrous and very not palatable green beans. Stir fry them just between 3 to 4 minutes just to keep them crunchy and not “labsak”.
To make this dish meatier and more flavorful, saute the aromatics with some pork belly slices until they starts rendering some oil. Add the stir fried green beans and bell pepper and then and saute with the pork. For a simple yet delicious umami seasoning, I added some oyster sauce. When both the veggies and meat are cooked, then it is ready.
I love my stir fried veggies usually as an appetizer or side dish. But for this one, I’ll have it on top of a bowl of hot steaming rice! Yum!
Stir-fried Green Beans with PorkCourse: Pork Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
400 grams green beans
250 grams pork belly
1 red bell pepper
1 medium onion
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
Pepper to taste
1/4 cup of water
Fried garlic bits (optional)
- Prepare your green beans. Remove the ends and then chop into serving pieces.
- Prepare the red bell pepper and chop.
- Heat some oil in a pan and stir fry the green beans for around 3 to 4 minutes just enough to keep it crunchy. Strain and set aside.
- Reduce the oil in the pan. Add the pork belly slices and fry for a few minutes until brown. When the oil starts to render from the fat, add the garlic and onions. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and season with some black pepper. Add some water to fully cook the pork. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the pork is tender.
- Add the stir fried green beans and the red bell pepper. Season with some oyster sauce. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Transfer the stir fried green beans to a serving plate and serve with a big bowl of hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Stir-fried Green Beans with Pork Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 400 grams ng green beans
- 250 grams ng liempo
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sibuyas
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa)
- 2 kutsara ng toyo
- 1 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1/4 tasa ng tubig
- Fried garlic bits (optional)
- Iharvest ang mga green beans. Alisin ang mga dulo nito at hiwain sa serving pieces.
- Hiwain ang bell pepper.
- Magpainit ng mantika sa kawali at I-stir fry ang green beans ng 3 – 4 minuto para maging crunchy pa rin. Alisin sa kawali at isantabi.
- Bawasan ang mantika sa kawali. Ilagay ang liempo at iprito ng ilang minuto hanggang maging brown. Kapag nagmantika na, ilagay ang bawang at sibuyas at igisa ng ilang minuto.
- Ilagay ang toyo at budburan ng konting paminta. Lagyan ng tubig para maluto at lumambot ang baboy. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 5 minuto hanggang lumambot ang baboy.
- Ibalik sa kawali ang stir fried green beans at ilagay ang bell pepper. Ilagay ang oyster sauce at haluin hanggang maluto ang veggies.
- Ilipat ang stir fried green beans sa serving plate at ihain kasama ng malaking bowl ng mainit ng kanin. Yum!