Enjoy New York’s famous flaming hot sauce with your favorite crispy chicken feet! Find yourself indulging bone by bone while endlessly wanting for more. Add the buffalo chicken feet on your next feast!
BUFFALO CHICKEN FEET
For chicken feet starters, frying them and coating them in a flavorful sauce might be the best hack to get them on track. I specifically used this when I had my friend’s kid came over to our house one day. He find chicken feet a bit strange to eat when he saw them in my ref. I knew I needed to impress this kid and knowing that he adores spicy foods, buffalo chicken feet gaming was on.
This kid really liked the buffalo sauce, he almost forgot that he is eating chicken feet. But for me, the unique texture and tenderness of the chicken feet is what gets me so in love with this dish. If you need to get someone like chicken feet, make them some buffalo chicken feet!
THE BUFFALO SAUCE STORY
Buffalo wings might be the first thing everyone can associate with the buffalo sauce. But did you know that a woman invented this dish by accident? Yup, you read that right! Sometimes, good thing happens from accidents. The short history of the buffalo happens when restaurant owner Teresa Bellissimo wants to prepare a quick late night snack. She got the leftover chicken wings from her restaurant and throw them in hot sauce. And that’s how this famous hot sauce was discovered! After this delicious late hot wings, buffalo wings was added to their menu the next day.
And maybe you’re wondering. Why is it called buffalo sauce? Does the sauce have some bull meat on it? A theory said that the sauce is so wild, you’ll feel that a bull is chasing you. But nope! According to National Chicken Council, Buffalo was the name of the place in New York where buffalo wings is first offered and got famous!
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN FEET
If you have tried making any type of coating chicken wings, then these steps would be quite familiar to you. But unlike chicken wings which is usually dropped straight to the oil, chicken feet needs pre-boiling to ensure tenderness and crispiness. To do this, simply boil the chicken feet with the aromatic ingredients and it will be super tasty and soft for sure!
The breading to coat the chicken feet is much easier to make. Simply mix all the spices with flour to make a flavorful nice crust for every piece. After the making the breading and dredging the chicken feet, drop them into the hot oil and watch them turn crispy and golden brown! Yummy!
As mentioned, the main ingredient for the buffalo sauce is hot sauce. But us Filipinos really love ketchup, right? Let’s add a bit of ketchup and some brown sugar just enough to tickle our taste buds. Coat your crispy chicken feet or use the buffalo sauce as a dipping sauce and you’re good to go! I really like to make papak the feet but it also works so good with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken FeetCourse: Uncategorized
- For the chicken feet:
1 kilo chicken feet (cleaned and peeled)
1 knob ginger (sliced)
3 -5 pieces dried bay leaves
1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- For the breading:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon pepper
- For the buffalo sauce:
¼ cup hot sauce
¼ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- Clean and peel the chicken feet. Chop the nails off.
- Put the chicken feet in a pan with the ginger, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Pour water, enough to cover the chicken feet. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 30 – 35 minutes or until the chicken feet are tender. Stir occasionally for even cooking. ‘
- Strain the chicken feet and let it dry and cool a bit.
- For the breading, combine the all purpose flour, garlic powder, paprika powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Dredge each chicken feet in the breading. Shake off the excess.
- Heat a lot of oil and deep fry the breaded chicken feet using high medium heat. Flip to cook the other side. Fry until crispy and golden brown. Transfer to a strainer to drip excess oil and set aside.
- For the buffalo sauce, melt some butter in a pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the hot sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Cook in low heat until well-blended.
- Add the fried chicken feet and toss gently to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Make papak or serve with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Feet Recipe (TAGALOG)
Para sa paa ng manok:
- 1 kilo paa ng manok (nalinis at nabalatan na)
- 1 malaking luya (hiniwa)
- 3 – 5 piraso ng tuyong bay leaves
- 1 kutsara ng buong paminta
Para sa breading:
- 1 tasa ng harina
- 1 kutsara ng garlic powder
- 1 kutsara ng asin
- 1 kutsarita ng paprika powder
- 1 kutsarita ng paminta
Para sa buffalo sauce:
- ¼ tasa ng hot sauce
- ¼ tasa ng ketchup
- 1 kustara ng asukal na pula
- 3 kutsara ng butter
- 3 kutsara ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- Linisin at balatan ang mga paa ng manok. Alisin din ang mga kuko nito.
- Ilagay ang mga paa ng manok sa kawali. Sunod na ilagay ang luya, bay leaves, buong paminta at asin. Lagyan ng tubig. Takpan ang kawali at pakuluan ito ng 30 – 35 minuto hanggang lumambot. Haluin paminsan-minsan.
- I-strain ang mga paa ng manok at palamigin ng konti.
- Para sa breading, paghaluin ang harina, garlic powder, paprika powder asin at paminta sa isang bowl. Haluin ng mabuti.
- I-coat ang chicken feet gamit ang breading.
- Magpainit ng madaming mantika at i-deep fry ang mga paa ng manok gamit ang mataas na katamtamang apoy. Baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side. Iprito ang mga ito hanggang maging crispy at golden brown. Ilipat sa strainer para tumulo ang sobrang mantika. Isantabi.
- Para sa buffalo sauce, tunawin ang butter saka igisa ang bawang. Ilagay ang hot sauce, ketchup at asukal. Lutuin gamit ang mababang apoy.
- Ilagay ang paa ng manok sa kawali at haluin para malagyan ng sauce.
- Ilipat ang buffalo chicken feet sa serving plate. Papakin o samahan ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!