This veggie toast is a healthy breakfast and balanced mix of mixed vegetables, sausage or meat, minced bell pepper, eggs, sliced cheese, pepper and salt. This vegetable toast is filled with vitamins and minerals, this breakfast dish is made much more special with the ooey gooey mozzarella cheese pull!. Make your breakfast happier by spicing up your toasted bread! The veggie toast is a more colorful and flavorful upgrade of your regular toast.
Egg Sandwich Toast
Toasted bread is one of the easiest breakfast dishes one can make. Simply get your bread toaster, heat it up, place your bread for a few minutes, then boom! Toasted bread. You can choose to pair it with a variety of spreads like butter, sandwich spread or cheese.
But did you know that you can further make your toasted bread special aside from adding spreads and cheeses?
When I wake up in the morning, I prepare the food I craved during the night. You know, that’s my way of rewarding my self from restraining to midnight eating hahaha. I craved for grilled cheese the other night and decided to make one in the morning. Good thing that loaf bread is one of the staple foods in our home. Loaf bread is always available.
As I looked up at my fridge, I noticed that I only have mozzarella cheese and no other cheese. Mozzarella cheese give you the cheese pull action, but when talking about flavour, mozzarella cheese is way better when paired with other ingredients. I saw my frozen mixed vegetables at the freezer and thought of adding them to my supposedly grilled cheese sandwich. Since I am modifying my grilled cheese sandwich, I also wanted to add some egg in it.
Looking at the list of ingredients I want to add in my sandwich, I imagine my sandwich to be a tall one. As a small person, I cant take a big bite so I thought of a way where I can enjoy a toast which is not tall enough but has all the ingredients I want in them. That’s when I came up with the veggie toast recipe.
This veggie toast recipe is for the other small people like me who cannot make a big bite out of their sandwiches. Alongside of this, the veggie toast is also a great way to use leftover vegetables in your fridge. If you’re drooling right now just by looking at the picture of this dish, this is now a sign for you to try this dish tomorrow morning! Have fun!
HOW TO MAKE VEGGIE TOAST
Veggie toasts are very easy to make and can be prepared in just a few minutes. Spice up your breakfast with this veggie toast recipe.
To start, cut the center of your loaf breads. Don’t throw the centers away since we will still be using them later. Prepare the filling by frying the meat and veggies and mixing them with egg. You can use other meat and veggies but make sure to vary the color and flavors. Remember to check if the meat and veggies are cool enough before adding the eggs (unless you want them to start curdling!).
Toast your bread frame (#PunIntended) in the pan and then fill the center with the filling you made. Add the cheese slice (better if you have cheese slice and shredded cheddar cheese) and the center bread you removed earlier. The last thing to do is to wait until the cheese melts. After toasting the other side of the bread, the veggie toast is now ready to serve.
Veggie ToastCourse: Breakfast Recipe, Easy Meals
2 pieces thick loaf bread
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1/3 cup sausage or any meat (chopped)
1 tablespoon green bell pepper (chopped)
2 medium eggs
mozzarella cheese slices
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
- pieces thick loaf bread
- /2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- /3 cup sausage or any meat (chopped)
- tablespoon green bell pepper (chopped)
- medium eggs
- mozzarella cheese slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
Veggie Toast Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 2 piraso ng makapal naloaf bread
- 1/2 tasa ng mixed vegetables
- 1/3 tasa ng sausage o karne (hiniwa)
- 1 kutsara ng green bell pepper (hiniwa)
- 2 piraso ng itlog
- mozzarella cheese slices
- asin at paminta
- mantika (pangprito)
- Sa malinis na flat surface, ilagay ang loaf bread at alisin ang gitna nito gamit ang kutsilyo.
- Magpainit ng mantika at igisa ang mixed vegetables. Sunod na ilagay ang hiniwang sausage at green bell peppers at igisa ng ilang minuto.
- Ilipat ang sausage at mixed veggies sa lalagyan para lumamig ng konti. Ilagay ang mga itlog at haluin. Budburan ng asin at paminta.
- I-brush ng konting mantika ang kawali at ilagay ang loaf bread (na walang gitna). Maglagay ng egg mixture sa gitna ng tinapay.
- Maglagay ng isang slice ng mozzarella cheese at saka ilagay ang tinanggal na tinapay. Medyo piratin para maging compact ito. Hayaan itong maluto ng ilang minuto gamit ang mababang apoy hanggang maging light brown.
- Baliktarin ang tinapay para maluto ang kabilang side. Lutuin hanggang matusta.
- Ilipat ang nilutong veggie toast sa pinggan. Ihain ito habang mainit pa. Enjoy!