Turbo chicken is made by roasting chicken in a turbo broiler after stuffing it with pepper, onion, garlic and lemongrass and marinating it with a marinade made with soy sauce, oyster sauce, calamansi juice, pepper, sprite, garlic, chili powder, lequid seasoning. This healthy and easy Roasted Chicken in Turbo Broiler is a must-try for all chicken lovers. A savoury stuffed chicken recipe with a crispy outside and a soft and juice inside, what are you waiting for? Try it!
ROASTED CHICKEN IN TURBO BROILER
People nowadays are getting more and more health conscious and a lot of cooking equipments are competing on which can produce the healthiest recipes. In this recipe, you will only need one equipment—the turbo broiler. As we shift to less deep fried foods, turbo broiler is a great kitchen investment for you and your family.
Cooking chicken in a turbo broiler will take you a while, but as the saying goes “It pays to wait.” This recipe may take you more than an hour of cooking before you can dig in this mouth-watering chicken dish. You actually do not need to put a lot of effort in making this recipe. Just trust the turbo broiler and let it do its magic—a restaurant-style roasted chicken!
HOW TO COOK ROASTED CHICKEN IN TURBO BROILER
For this recipe, you will first need to prepare the marinade. You simply need to mix all the marinating ingredients in a bowl and that’s it! The flavors infused in the marinade will make your chicken very flavorful. It is important to reserve some of this marinade so you can have a ready-made basting sauce for your chicken.
To prepare the chicken, rub some salt and pepper. Aside from flavor, this will also reduce the raw smell of the chicken. Stuff the chicken with onion, garlic and lemongrass. These are the must-haves stuffing but you can always add other ingredients like ginger and herbs to infuse more flavor into the chicken. Seal the chicken before putting in a ziplock bag or bowl to remain the stuffing intact while marinating. You should at least wait for 4 hours before broiling the chicken but it is always best to marinate it overnight.
Using the turbo broiler is like using your regular over. Pre-heat the turbo boiler before placing the chicken inside. Brush the chicken with the basting sauce and allow it to cook. The next few steps will involve a series of basting and flipping the chicken. Turbo broiling cooks the chicken slowly. Imagine how tasty the resulting chicken will be! You can leave the chicken while it’s cooking and do other things while you wait or you can watch as the glorious chicken skin slowly browns and pops. And when you hear the last “ding”, then it’s done! Always check the temperature of the chicken to make sure that it is cooked thoroughly. Use a kitchen thermometer and poke a lean part of the chicken without touching the bones. If the temperature ranges from 75-80C or 165-175F, then it is fully cooked. You might think that the chicken is ready but wait! Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before actually slicing it. Doing this will give you the best-tasting juicy chicken. Serve this with a bowl of hot rice and enjoy!
ROASTED CHICKEN IN TURBO BROILERCourse: Chicken Recipes
- For the marinade:
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/3 cup calamansi juice
1 teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup lemon soda
2 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, minced
chopped chili or chili powder
1 tablespoon liquid seasoning (optional)
1 tablespoon oil for basting
- For the stuffing:
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion bulb
½ bulb of garlic
2-3 stalks of lemongrass
- To prepare the marinade, simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve some of the marinade which will be used to baste the chicken for later.
- Rub some salt and pepper on the inside and outside of the chicken. Stuff the chicken with the onion, garlic and lemongrass. Seal the chicken using a toothpick.
- Grab a small piece of tin foil and fold to form a long strip. Use the foil strip to tie the chicken legs.
- Grab a large ziplock bag, place the chicken and pour the marinade. You can use a deep bowl instead of the ziplock bag. Make sure to pour some of the marinade inside the chicken. Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours, or better if you can set it aside in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat the turbo broiler to 175C for 10 minutes. Separate the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken inside the turbo broiler.
- Add some oil in the reserved marinade. We will use this as the basting sauce.
- Baste some of the sauce in the chicken and turbo broil at 175C for 30 minutes. Brush the chicken with some marinade and then flip it carefully to reveal the other side. Broil for another 30 minutes.
- You can also add some vegetables if you want. Season the vegetables with the marinade and add more black pepper. Roast the vegetables with the chicken. Use the chicken drippings to baste the chicken and the veggies.
- Lower the heat to 150C and cook for another 30 minutes. Check the temperature of the chicken using a kitchen thermometer to ensure that it is cooked thoroughly.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing it to serving pieces.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with a hot bowl of rice. Enjoy!
- Aside from the garlic, onions and lemongrass, you may also stuff the chicken with ginger and herbs to infuse more flavors.
- You may poke some holes on the chicken using a fork before basting to let the marinade sip in.
- Make sure to remove the chicken stuffing before serving.
- If a turbo broiler is not available, you could use your regular oven and bake the chicken for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 175-180C while basting every 30 minutes.
Watch how to cook Roasted Chicken in Turbo Broiler
How to Cook Roasted Chicken in Turbo Broiler (TAGALOG)
Para sa marinade:
- ½ tasa ng toyo
- 2 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1/3 tasa calamansi juice
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- ¾ tasa ng lemon soda
- 2 kutsarang tanglad (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 5 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- chopped chili or chili powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil for basting
For the stuffing:
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion bulb
- ½ bulb of garlic
- 2-3 stalks of lemongrass
- Para sa marinade, paghalu-haluin ang lahat ng ingredients sa isang malaking bowl. Magtabi ng konting marinade na gagamiting pang-baste sa manok.
- Pahiran ng asin at paminta ang loob at labas ng manok. Ilagay ang mga pampalasa sa loob. Gumamit ng toothpick para maisara ang manok.
- Kumuha ng isang maliit na pirasong tin foil at itupi hanggang maging isang strip. Gamitin ito para itali ang chicken legs.
- Ilagay ang manok sa isang malaking ziplock bag at saka ibuhos ang marinade. Siguraduhing may pumasok na marinate sa loob ng manok. Kung walang ziplock bag ay maaring gumamit ng malalim na bowl. I-marinate ang manok ng apat na oras. Mas maganda kung maiimarinate ito magdamag sa loob ng ref.
- I-preheat ang turbo broiler sa 175C ng 10 minuto. Ihiwalay ang manok sa marinade at ilagay ang manok sa loob ng turbo broiler.
- Maglagay ng konting mantika sa itinabing marinade. Ito ang gagamiting basting sauce.
- Buhusan o i-brush ng sauce ang manok at i-turbo broil ito sa 175C ng 30 minuto. Muli itong i-brush ng sauce at baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side. I-broil ng 30 pang minuto.
- Pwede kang magdagdag ng mixed veggies habang naluluto ang manok. Timplahan ng konting marinade ang mixed veggies at dagdagan ng paminta. Itabi ang mga veggies sa manok at hayaan itong maluto. Gamitin ang chicken drippings para i-brush ang manok at ang veggies.
- Ibaba sa 150C ang temperature ng turbo broiler at hayaan pa itong maluto ng 30 minuto. Gumamit ng kitchen thermometer para icheck kung luto na ang manok hanggang loob.
- Isantabi at huwag munang galawin ang chicken sa loob ng 10 minuto bago ito hiwain.
- Samahan ng mainit na kanin at i-enjoy!