Enjoy your own version of honey butter chicken wings at home with this easy to follow recipe! The crispy and juicy chicken coated with some sweet and salty sauce with a hint of garlic would absolutely make you crave for more. Chicken wings is a very versatile dish which can be partnered with rice or potatoes or one can just eat it on its own. It is usually dipped in ranch or mayo dressing but that’s optional.
HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN WINGS
Chicken wings is one of the trendiest food of the decade. Many restaurant offer wings with different sauces and usually, with an expensive price. If you could do a restaurant-style chicken wings at the comfort of your home, then why not? It can also be a good time to experiment with sauces of your choice. Some people choose just to buy chicken wings outside since they cannot perfect the crispiness and juiciness of the chicken. This blog will help you gain confidence in making your own chicken wings at your home.
Usually, it’s the sauce which makes a chicken wing competitive. Honey butter sauce is definitely one of the crowd’s favorite! The sauce will only cost you a few ingredients but will make your chicken wings extra special. What are you waiting for? Try it!
HOW TO COOK HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN WINGS
Cooking honey butter chicken wings is so easy and would only take you minutes. Aside from the best tasting honey butter sauce, you will also discover a technique on how to make the chicken the crispiest and juiciest ever!
The two main parts of the recipe is the chicken and the sauce. Before you start, prepare the chicken wings by cutting the joint between the drumette and wingette. The drumettes are called drumettes since they look like small drumsticks. Once you have prepared the chicken pieces, grab a bowl and simply mix all the fried chicken ingredients with the chicken wings. It is recommended to use your hands to make sure that the chicken are well-coated. The next step is frying the chicken. Heat a pan under low-medium heat, place some oil and then fry it like your regular chicken. Transfer the chicken to a strainer or a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Surprise! We are not stopping here!
The technique on making a crispy and juicy chicken is by double frying it. During this time, you have finished the first set of frying. Heat the same pan but this time, use medium-high heat. After you let the chicken wing rest for around 10 minutes, deep-fry the chicken pieces in the very hot oil until it becomes golden brown. Transfer the fried chicken wings to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil. This step is a very important one because when air drying up the oil will make it super crispy.
Now that you’re done with the chicken wings, it’s now time to prepare the sauce. Heat a pan and saute the garlic in butter. Imagine how good your kitchen will smell after this! Yummy! Next, add the soy sauce, honey and brown sugar and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Let the sauce cook for a while until it has reduced and has a thicker consistency. When the sauce is ready, add the chicken wings into the pan. Mix it well and make sure that all pieces are coated with the sweet sauce. The chicken is now ready and you can now transfer it to a serving plate. You can serve it with hot rice, fries or just eat it on its own! Make sure to consume it immediately so you can enjoy the crispiness!
Honey Butter Chicken Wings
- For the fried chicken wings:
½ kilo chicken wings
1 piece egg
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
oil for frying
- For the honey butter sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare the chicken wings. Lay a piece of wing on the chopping board and cut the joint between the wingette and the drumette. Repeat this step on all chicken wing pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken pieces, egg, salt, ground black pepper, baking powder, garlic powder, cornstarch and all-purpose flour. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well.
- Heat some oil in a pan under low-medium heat. Deep-fry each wing until for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway to cook evenly. Fry until light brown. Set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Double-fry the chicken wings for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer in a strainer or in a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- For the sauce, heat another pan under low heat. Add the butter and garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add the soy sauce, honey and brown sugar. Stir until the ingredients are well-mixed. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce is a bit reduced.
- Add the fried chicken wings and stir to coat the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Watch how to Cook Honey Butter Chicken Wings
Honey Butter Chicken Wings Recipe (TAGALOG)
Para sa fried chicken:
- ½ kilo chicken wings
- 1 pirasong itlog
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang durog na paminta
- ½ kutsaritang garlic powder
- ½ kutsaritang baking powder
- 3 kutsarang all-purpose flour
- 3 kutsarang cornstarch
- pang-pritong mantika
Para sa honey butter sauce:
- 3 kutsarang butter
- 2 kutsarang honey
- 4 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 ½ kutsarang toyo
- 1 kutsarang asukal
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Hiwain ang bawat chicken wing sa joint na nagdudugtong sa wingette at drumette.
- Sa isang malaking bowl, ilagay ang mga hiniwang chicken wing, itlog, asin, durog na paminta, baking powder, garlic powder, cornstarch at harina. Gamitin ang mga kamay upang mahalo ito ng mabuti.
- Magpainit ng mantika sa isang kawali gamit ang mababang katamtamang apoy. I-deep fry ang mga piraso ng chicken wings sa loob ng 8 hanggang 10 minuto. Baliktarin ang mga ito para maluto rin ang kabilang side. Ilipat sa strainer ang mga nalutong chicken wings at hayaan lang ito ng 10 minuto.
- Painitin ang mantika sa kawali gamit ang malakas na apoy. Muling iprito ang mga piraso ng chicken wings sa loob ng 2 hanggang 3 minuto hanggang sa maging golden brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa strainer para maalis ang sobrang mantika.
- Para sa sauce, magpainit ng kawali gamit ang mababang apoy. Igisa ang bawang at luya. Ilagay ang toyo, honey at brown sugar at haluin ng mabuti. Iluto ang sauce hanggang sa maging malapot.
- Ilagay ang mga piraso ng chicken wings sa sauce at haluin ng mabuti para malagyan ng sauce ang bawat piraso. Ilagay ang honey butter chicken wings sa pinggan at budburan ng sesame seeds. Enjoy!