Honey Pork chops is made by frying or baking pork chops marinated with hoisin sauce and honey. You can make it extra delicious by adding salt and pepper and even you can add chili flakes to make it more hot and spicy. This 3 ingredient Honey Pork chops is very simple to make and just needs around 7 to 8 minutes to cook and really scrumptious dish. Try out this recipe and enjoy a sweet, savoury, and juicy pork chop dish!
Pork Chop history and about Honey Pork chops
Pork chop is a loin cut found around the spine of the pig, it’s usually a rib and is the unprocessed leaner cut, commonly served as an individual portion. Pork is a very familiar meat eaten around the world. In the US pork chops are the most commonly consumed meat that accounts for 10% of pork consumption. Seen as a Southern food, pork chops are popular meat strips that are tender and flavorful.
While there aren’t specific origins on how we got this great slice of meat and how it got its popularity, there has always been a long history on how we started eating pork around the world. It was Hernando de Soto a Spanish explorer in native America that started the ‘craze’ of using pork. But it was in China hundred of years ago that the pig production and meat consumption started. It was in the 1600’s that the production of pig farming grew rapidly as more and more people ate pigs. The methods of cooking pork like frying, grilling, roasting, braising, and stuffing has been tried and tested throughout time to create wonderfully delicious dishes that many now eat.
When pork was starting to be enjoyed by the masses, each cut of the pork had been sectioned to certain application and distinct characteristic to create certain pork dishes. T-shaped pork chops are popular for barbecues and roasting, cuts like the lion chop or sirloin chop that are juicier and produce more flavor. The shoulder chop or loin chop is usually braised and has to be tenderized before cooking. The rib chop or pork chop is the cut of meat that usually has a bone running along one side and a layer of fat around it. This part of the cut has more fats which makes it more tender and gives it a mild flavor, these are great for searing, roasting, broiling, grilling, and brining.
Honey in the Philippines
Honey is a lucrative source of income with a promising future for future job opportunities and stable income. Countries like Canada and Australia see the demand of bee keeping and offer high salaries which many Filipino employment agencies have already taken part of in the industry since 2006. Nowadays academic institutions in the Philippines are trying their hand of endorsing more local goods one of them being honey production. Seminars and training in bee keeping in the Philippines, home to a most diverse species of bees are now trying to break into the market using honey.
Honey has been seen as a long time ‘healthy alternative’ to regular sugar. With it’s many health benefits and distinct taste. With it’s recent surge of popularity especially in today’s time where health is such a valued asset. Honey has made its way to the top by showing its importance as a natural anti oxidant with many benefits and flavor that many can enjoy.
Want a quick easy to do dish you can do with just 3 ingredients? This recipe is for you, a no fuss foolproof dish that you can expect great results from!
Honey Pork chops (with only 3 ingredients)Course: Easy Meals, Pork Recipes
A sweet and savory quick meal with just 3 ingredients!
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 pieces pork chop
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Prepare the pork chops, season with salt and pepper if you’d like. Coat with hoisin sauce and honey. Add chili flakes if you prefer a spicier flavor.
- Massage and marinate the pork for 15 minutes to overnight.
- Version #1; bake the pork chops in a 360°F or 180°C preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes, flip the pork and bake for another 7 – 8 minutes.
- Version #2 pan fry; prepare a pan at medium heat and add a little oil. Place the pork chops and flip when each side has browned. To give this more flavor cook till there are scorched marks.
- Serve over rice and with achara.
- Make sure to have some fats to help make the pork chops juicy.
Honey Pork Chops recipe (tagalog)
- 3 kutsarang hoisin sauce
- 1 kutsarang pulot
- 2 piraso pork chop
- Asin at paminta
- 2 kutsaritang chili flakes
- Ihanda ang pork chops, lagya ng asin at paminta kung gusto. Haluin din ito ng hoisin sauce at pulot. Dagdagan ng chili flakes kung gusto mo ng konting anghang.
- Imahasa at imarinate ng 15 minuto o magdamag.
- Version #1; lutuin ang pork chops sa oben na may 360°F o 180°C na init ng 7 o 8 na minuto, ibaliktad at lutuin ulit ng 7 o 8 na minuto.
- Version #2; gamit ang kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng konting mantika at lutuin ang pork hangang may pagkakayumangging kulay bago ibaliktad. Para bigyan ito ng lasa luttuin hanggang may konting sunog ang bawat pantig.
- Ihanda kasama ang kanin at atchara.