This Homemade Chocolate Sauce is a perfect topping for your snacks and pancake and is made by boiling a mixture made with cocoa powder, all purpose flour, sugar, salt, fresh milk, butter, vanilla extract. This Chocolate sauce toppings will lift your pancakes, curros, snacks and bread to another level of dessert that will tickle your taste budds. Follow this recipe to make a scrumptious sweet dipping sauce for your kids.
TIPS IN MAKING HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
To make the chocolate sauce taste just like expensive store-bought ones, use the best cocoa powder you can have. The best ones are the dutch-processed or alkalized cocoa powder that give more chocolatey flavor to the sauce.
Adding vanilla flavor also enhance the taste of the homemade chocolate sauce. However, if you don’t have any vanilla extract on hand, you may skip it.
You can enhance the chocolate flavor of the sauce by adding some instant coffee powder but this is optional.
The butter will give the homemade chocolate sauce a glossy finish. In case you don’t have at hand, margarine or cooking oil can be used as alternative.
When cooking chocolate sauce, keep the heat LOW. It is very easy to burn and you don’t want burnt chocolate taste to your sauce, do you? So the key here is patience. Cook in very low heat while stirring continuously.
The flour gives the thicker consistency to the sauce. It can be adjusted depending on how thick you want your homemade chocolate sauce to be. This can be replaced with corn starch.
Homemade Chocolate SauceCourse: Sauces
A glossy, chocolatey homemade chocolate sauce to use for pancakes and other desserts
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
- In a pot, sift the cocoa powder, all purpose flour, sugar and salt. Sift to remove lumps. Mix well.
- Then, add in the milk. Stir and mix well until all powder is completely dissolved.
- Turn on heat and cook the mixture in low heat while stirring continuously. It burns fast so make sure that you stir nonstop until the sauce becomes thickened.
- After a few minutes (4 minutes or so), the sauce will start to boil and becomes thicker. Use rubber or silicone spatula for stirring to scrape the sides and bottom of the pot while cooking.
- Once the consistency of the sauce becomes thick, turn off the heat and add the vanilla and butter. Stir until the butter is completely dissolved.
- Let it cool and use in any desired dessert or as dip.
Watch how to cook homemade chocolate sauce
- Use dutch-processed or alkalized cocoa powder to get the chocolatey yummy flavor for this homemade chocolate sauce. I used Dutche’ brand.
- Vanilla extract is optional but it does add flavor to the sauce. In case you don’t have at hand, add half teaspoon of coffee powder to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- In this recipe, I used fresh milk. You can use evaporated, whole or full cream milk as alternative.
- Keep it in an air-tight container. It can be good for 2 to 4 weeks refrigerated.
This chocolate sauce recipe will guide you to make homemade chocolate sauce. if you are looking for how to make chocolate sauce then this recipe is having ingredients list and procedure to make chocolate sauce with milk. We are sure that this chocolate sauce for cake will make your day and can be used as chocolate sauce for ice cream.