Eggplant patties are another budget-friendly and healthy eggplant recipe. If you love eggplant, this recipe is definitely for you. These eggplant patties are good for any meal, partnered with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to Prepare the Eggplant
In this recipe, eggplants are pre-cooked before chopping. There are different ways to cook the eggplant before adding to the other ingredients.
BOILING: First, boil some water in a pan. Once boiling, add the eggplant. Cook until the eggplant skin changes color (from purple to brown). After boiling, it should be easier to peel the skin, but you have to do it while it still hot.
GRILLING: If you have a griller, grilling the eggplant can be a good option too. Just grill until the skin is charred, then peel the skin right away. What I usually do when I in a hurry is that I cook it in a stove top. I heat it directly from the stove.
BAKING: You can also bake this. Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the skin turns color. Peel the eggplant right away.
Eggplant PattiesCourse: Vegetable
3 large eggplant
1 medium onion (minced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
- Boil or grill the eggplants. Peel while still hot to remove the skin easier.
- After peeling, cut in half and remove the dark seeds (if there’s any). Then, chop the eggplant into small pieces (mince or mash)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the minced eggplant, onion, garlic, flour and eggs. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat some oil for frying. Scoop around ¼ cup of the eggplant mixture. Fry until golden brown. Flip halfway to cook the other side. Fry the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with your favorite dip.