This jelly dessert is a sweet jelly dessert made with jelly powder, condensed milk, corn kernels, and with pineapple tidbits. Timeout with the heavy meals and try this sweet and refreshing chilled milk jelly dessert! Whether with corn or some fruit cocktail, this creamy jelly dessert will surely give your taste buds a little palate cleanse. With its ease of preparation, this treat is surely worth having some stock today. C’mon and lets make some!ay!
For some, jelly desserts are only common to be seen in celebrations and parties. In our home, we treat jellies as a staple, almost to a bread. Everytime I do my weekly grocery shopping, I always make sure to include gulaman powder in my shopping list.
When you think of it, a jelly powder only costs around 12-15 pesos and can make as much as two tubs of jellies. But unlike what you might be thinking, I do not make a super large batch of jelly which is good for a week. Jellies undergo syneresis or the liquid is coming out of the jelly. This is why I prepare jellies which are only good for 2 days. I usually do 6 containers, one for each member of the family.
Jellies are our palate cleansers. It might sound unique but it was almost automatic that after every meal, especially if we have no other dessert on hand, we grab our container of jelly and eat some. What’s really fun on having separate containers for each member is we get to customize our jellies. One may simply eat the jelly as it is, or pour some condensed milk over it, or cut it into cubes and turn it into buko pandan drink or add any fruit topping to it.
Jellies are one of the underrated desserts. Easy to make? Check. Budget friendly? Check. Low maintenance dessert? Check. Easy to eat? Check. Jellies might be one of the simplest desserts but are really handy if you simply want something to help you remove the greasy and bloaty feeling after meals.
The jelly recipe featured in this article includes two of the best toppings I love — the corn and the fruit cocktail. If you have any ideas of other toppings, that would be good to try too!
HOW TO COOK JELLY DESSERT
When it comes to desserts, jelly desserts are literally the easiest ones.
For this recipe, I used pink jelly powder which is unflavored. (Tho it is your choice if you want a certain flavor for yours). Just like any other jellies, the jelly powder is dissolved in water and was put to a boil. What makes this jelly dessert recipe special is the added toppings for each one.
In this recipe, I added fruity toppings to some and corn toppings to some. I simply scoop some toppings to the molders before I pour on the jelly, so that the corn and fruits will be the first to pop once the jellies are unmolded from their respective containers.
Remember to serve these jelly babies chilled! Enjoy!
Easy Jelly DessertCourse: Desserts
1 sachet (25 g) pink jelly powder (unflavored)
1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
1 can (370 ml) evaporated milk
4 cups of water
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1 can whole corn kernels
1 can pineapple tidbits (or fruit cocktail)
- Prepare your llaneras (or other container). Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of whole corn kernels on some llaneras, and pineapple tidbits on some. Set aside.
- Pour water on a pot and add the jelly powder. Stir gently until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Heat the mixture until boiling. Stir to avoid spilling and overflowing.
- Add the condensed milk while stirring continously. Next, add the evaporated milk and stir to combine. Do a taste test and adjust the taste with sugar. Let it cook in low heat until soft boiling.
- Pour the jelly to the prepared llaneras and molders while still hot. Let the jelly cool completely before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Unmold the dessert and serve the jelly chilled. Enjoy!
Easy Jelly Dessert Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 sachet (25 g) ng pink jelly powder (unflavored)
- 1 lata (300 ml) ng condensed milk
- 1 lata (370 ml) ng evaporated milk
- 4 tasa ng tubig
- 1/4 tasa ng asukal (optional)
- 1 lata ng whole corn kernels
- 1 lata ng pineapple tidbits (o fruit cocktail)
- Ihanda ang mga llaneras (o ibang lalagyan). Maglagay ng 2 – 3 kutsara ng whole corn kernels sa iba, at pineapple tidbits naman sa iba. Isantabi.
- Maglagay ng tubig sa pot at ilagay ang jelly powder. Haluin hanggang matunaw ang powder.
- Pakuluan ang mixture. Haluin ito para hindi umapaw at matapon.
- Ilagay ang condensed milk nang paunti unti habang hinahalo. Sunod na ilagay ang evaporated milk at haluin. Tikman kung tama na ang tamis at iadjust ito gamit ang asukal. Lutuin ito gamit ang mahinang apoy hanggang malapit na kumulo.
- Ibuhos ang ang jelly sa mga llaneras at molders habang mainit pa. Palamigin ito bago ilagay sa ref ng 2 oras.
- Alisin sa lalagyan ang jelly dessert at ihain ito nang malamig. Enjoy!