Do not throw your leftover cabbage and let’s make it into a nice and healthy pizza! Cabbage and ham strips were transformed into a pizza based and were topped with your favorite pizza toppings such as ham, cheese and bell peppers. Decorate your own pizza with the cabbage pizza. Yum!
I was doing my weekly youtube binge watching when I saw this youtuber create a giant takoyaki-like pancake. It was made mostly with cabbage and then used eggs as a binder. After that, she topped it with bonito flakes and mayonnaise and the sweet black sauce. Actually it simply looks like a giant takoyaki which is flat instead of a ball.
As a fan of takoyaki, I really wanted to try that recipe. When I had some extra cabbage from the pancit guisado I made, I immediately chop the remaining cabbage and do the same steps as the youtuber. So like that, I also added the sweet black sauce, and my mayyonnaise. Before I added my bonito flakes, my niece stopped me and asked for a slice of it before I add the bonito flakes (she doesnt like bonito flakes). I continued decorating my giant takoyaki pancake and enjoyed it just the way I want it.
I saw my niece customizing her slice like it was a pizza. She put some grated cheese in it and add some pineapple tidbits we left at home. That was actually a very good idea!! The next time I had excess cabbage, I tried making another giant takoyaki pancake without the mayo and sweet black sauce. With the help of my niece, we both decorated our very own first cabbage pizza!
While using loaf bread as a pizza crust is much easier, making some cabbage pizza especially if you have excess cabbage is much more economical than throwing them out or letting them wilt badly in the fridge.
While the cabbage pizza is healthier, it is also yummier! If you wanna know how to make a cabbage pizza, read and follow the recipes below! Happy cooking!
HOW TO COOK CABBAGE PIZZA
The steps in making this cabbage pizza will truly shock and amaze you at the same time. Let’s start!!
For this recipe, the cabbage will be used as the pizza base. But how could we actually do it? Before anything else, lets chop the ham and the cabbage and all other ingredients which needs to be prepared.
Once ready, we are going to make the pizza base by kind of making a dough but is mostly made with cabbage. Start with the wet ingredients (eggs, dissolved broth cube) and then combine it with the dry ingredients (cabbage, ham, onions, flour). The flour is only optional and should only be used if the the mixture suddenly got too wet. Be careful of adding flour since it the pizza base would taste like raw flour if you added too much.
Once the mixture is combined well, it will be cooked similar to an omelette. Simply pour them on an oiled heated pan and let it cook on its own (do not stir or move it) until the bottom part is brown and already releases itself from the pan. The next thing you need to do is to cook the other side. An easier way to do this is to use a plate as the cover of the pan and then flip. This way, there would be a little chance that the pizza crust would torn or jump out of the pan.
While the other side of the pizza base is cooking, lets start topping the pizza with our toppings. In this recipe, I sticked with the usual ham and cheese pizza by adding a lot of cheese and the sliced ham. You have the freedom to decorate the pizza with any topping you like.
Once the cheese melts, it is also most likely that the other side of the pizza base is already browned. Transfer the cabbage pizza to a serving plate and slice them into 8 (or eat all for yourself!) Best drizzled with some mayo and hot sauce. Yum!
Cabbage PizzaCourse: Snacks, Vegetable Recipes
300 grams cabbage
6 – 8 slices ham
3 large eggs
1 medium white onion (sliced into strips)
1 cup grated cheese (eden)
1/3 cup tomato sauce (or pizza sauce)
2 tablespoons all purpose flour (optional)
1 small green bell pepper
1/2 piece pork broth cube
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
- Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the ham slices until light brown and crisp. Once cooked, remove from the pan. Slice the cooked ham into thin strips and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, put the half pork broth cube and add a tablespoon of hot water. Crush gently until fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Prepare the cabbage and slice into thin strips. Wash and drain well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and add the dissolved pork broth cube. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chopped cabbage. Add the ham strips, white onions and all purpose flour. Mix until well combined.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Pour all the cabbage mixture into the pan and spread it evenly. Cover the pan and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes using low heat.
- After 8 minutes, check if the bottom part is brown and crisp. Gently flip the cabbage with the help of a plate and then slide it back to the pan.
- Add the pizza sauce and spread it evenly. Top with grated cheese or any quickmelt cheese, freshly chopped green bell peppers and cooked ham. Cover the pan and let the pizza cook for 6 to 8 minutes using low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the cabbage pizza to a large plate and cut into slices. Drizzle with some hot sauce and enjoy!
Cabbage Pizza Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 300 grams repolyo
- 6 – 8 piraso ng ham
- 3 malalaking itlog
- 1 sibuyas na puti (hiniwa ng strips)
- 1 tasa ng grated cheese (eden)
- 1/3 tasa ng tomato sauce (o pizza sauce)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (optional)
- 1 maliit na green bell pepper
- 1/2 piraso ng pork broth cube
- Asin at paminta
- Mantika (pang prito)
- Magpainit ng mantika. Iprito ang mga ham hanggang maging brown at crispy. Kapag luto na, alisin ang mga ito sa kawali. Hiwain ang mga ito ng strips at isantabi.
- Ilagay ang kalahating pork broth cube sa maliit na bowl at lagyan ng mainit ng tubig. Durugin ito at haluin hanggang matunaw.
- Ihanda ang repolyo at hiwain ng maninipis na strips. Hugasan ito at salain. Isantabi.
- Sa isa pang bowl, ilagay ang mga itlog at ang tinunaw na broth cube. Budburan ito ng asin at paminta. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang egg mixture sa repolyo. Sunod na ilagay ang ham strips, puting sibuyas at harina. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Magpainit ng konting mantika at ispread ito sa kawali. Ilagay ang cabbage mixture at ispread din ito. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 6 – 8 minutes gamit ang mahinang apoy.
- Pagkatapos ng 8 minutes, icheck kung brown na ang ilalim nito. Dahan dahang baliktarin ang cabbage mixture gamit ang pinggan at ibalik ito sa kawali.
- Ilagay ang pizza sauce sa ibabaw at ikalat ito sa pizza base. Sunod na ilagay ang grated cheese o kahit anong quickmelt cheese, green bell peppers at ham. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 6 – 8 minuto hanggang matunaw ang cheese.
- Ilipat ang cabbage pizza sa malaking pinggan at hiwain sa slices. Lagyan ng onting hot sauce bago kainin. Enjoy!