Double Chocolate Banana Bread, is a scrumptious cake made by using riped banana, brown sugar, oil, milk, vinegar, wheat flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips. So make your mornings batter with a slice of this ‘healthy’ delectably balanced and sweet Double Chocolate Banana Bread. This Double chocolate banana bread recipe makes a moist, deliciously chocolaty loaded banana bread you’ll be eating this morning, in the afternoon as a snack, as well as after dinner dessert!
Why people love adding chocolate in food
Chocolates, or rather dark chocolates are now considered a health food. In moderation. Its addicting good, while chocolates may be filled and loaded with fat and sugar and kicks up your dopamine fix which makes your brain think your happy that why your mood just feels lighter after a piece of chocolate. While you should definitely take chocolate in certain parts and shouldn’t finish a whole bar by yourself. Its definitely has its benefits and good moments especially in the dessert world. Its such a wonderful ingredient and flavoring that you’ll be hard pressed to find one dessert it wouldn’t suit. Form ice cream, cakes, cookies, pancakes, waffles, to floats, drinks like cocoa, shakes, to coffees like iced mocha and even white chocolate mocha and many more. The chocolate has been favored by many throughout history that there was even a time only chiefs or wealthy Mayans were the only ones who could consume cocoa water. Now anyone could eat and have a taste of delicious treat.
Why should you try this Double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe?
This recipe doesn’t require you to use a mixer, nor does it need an oven. All you need to do is mash some ripe bananas in a bowl, the best bananas to use are ripe bananas that have brown or black spots or streaks, these are sweeter and softer which meakes them perfect to add into the batter. Mix in some brown sugar or muscovado sugar. Some people prefer muscovado sugar not only because it’s a healthier alternative to brown sugar. Muscovado is unrefined cane sugar that has a rich brown sugar, toffee like taste, and a moist texture as it contains natural molasses. It doesn’t only help give desserts a deeper flavor it can also be added into savory dishes and is considered an artisanal sugar. Add in some oil to help the cake keep the moisture, some milk, and vinegar. Adding vinegar helps make it fluffy when baked. The wet ingredients are then set aside to mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. mix in whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder to help it fluff up. The wet and dry ingredients are then mixed together till well combined till the batter looks smooth. Make sure not to over mix as it that would add too much air incorporated in the mixture. This makes desserts like cakes, cookies, muffin or even pancake get too chewy or looks deformed, some even turning hard and crumbly. Fold in the chocolate chips to avoid over mixing. Place this in a loaf pan greased with oil and place a parchment paper to line the pan. Pour in the batter and spread this evenly, topping with more chocolate to make it even better. Steam this double chocolate banana bread in a ready steamer and steam this till its well baked. this usually means that when you use a toothpick to poke the middle of the cake, this should come out clean or with dry bits. Let this cool for a bit before transferring onto a pan to fully cool. Remember to take off the parchment paper and let this cool fully before slicing it to enjoy!
Perfect with cup of tea or coffee, or a mug of warm milk. They’re a great gift to give anyone and even greater to stock at home as they can last a week in the fridge, that is if you and anyone around you wont finish it within the day.
Double Chocolate Banana BreadCourse: Dessert, Snacks
A decadent chocolaty moist banana bread
3 ripe bananas
½ cup muscovado sugar or brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vinegar
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup cocoa
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Slice the bananas and place them into a bowl. Mash these and mix in muscovado or brown sugar, add oil, milk, and vinegar. Vinegar helps make the banana bread fluffy.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well and add the wet ingredients. Fold till you form a smooth batter.
- Add dark chocolate chips and fold well.
- Grease your pan with oil, place a parchment paper and pour in the batter. Spread evenly. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Prepare a steamer at medium heat. Place the cake in and steam for 40 minutes. When the inside of the crack doesn’t look wet then the cake is ready.
- Take the cake pan off the heat and let it cool. Take it off the pan and remove the parchment paper.
- Slice and serve!
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is just so delightfully delicious it could turn any frown upside down with a bite. Have a go and try to bake this chocolate bread that doesn’t even need the help of an oven. Add more chocolate over it if you just want to feel even more indulgent. Get ready to just chill and relax, enjoy every bite of this wonderfully delicious cake with a warm or iced drink on hand.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe (tagalog)
- 3 hinog na saging
- ½ tasa muscovado o kayumangging asukal
- 1/3 tasa mantika
- ½ tasa gatas
- 1 kutsaritang suka
- ¾ tasa whole wheat flour
- ¼ tasa cocoa
- ½ kutsaritang baking soda
- 1 kutsaritang baking powder
- ¼ tasa dark chocolate chips
- Hatiin ang mga saging at ilgay ito sa mangkok. Lamasin ang mga ito at haluan ng muscovado o kayumangging asukal, mantika, gatas at suka.hinahaluan ito ng suka para magging fluffy ito.
- Salain ang mga tuyong sahog, whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder. Haluin at ibuho ang basang mixture. Tiklupin hanggang makinis tingnan ang batter.
- Haluan ng dark chocolate chips at tiklupin ng mabuti.
- Igrasa ang pan ng mantika, lagyan ng parchment paper at ibuhos ang batter dito. Ipantay ang pagkalat. Lagyan pa ng chocolate chips sa itaas.
- Ihanda ang steamer na nasa katmatamang init. Ipasok ang keyk at isteam ng 40 na minuto. Paghindi na mabasa tingnan ang putok sa gitna ng keyk, luto na ito.
- Tanggalin ito sa init at palamigin. Itanggal ito sa pan at tanggalin din ang parchment paper.
- Hatiin bago ihanda!