Turn your condensed milk into a simple but decadent cake! The condensed milk cake can be a portal to you cake adventure! The simple and buttery sponge cake is best eaten as a dessert or snack if you want something lightly sweet to eat after a heavy meal.
CONDENSED MILK CAKE
Since my niece is growing and is now well-knowledgeable and legal to use the kitchen, the condensed milk cake is the first one I shared with her. She had recently found her interest in baked goods and pastries. With her special love for cakes, condensed milk cake would be a good baseline and starter cake for her if she wants to explore different types of cake flavors.
Condensed milk cake is just like our classic favorite mammon. It is a basic cake with its signature sweet and milky taste. It has a soft but firm texture. It is dense but springs back like a cloud when you try to press it. Unlike the other cakes, this cake uses much simpler ingredients. It is a no-egg recipe and is 100% no fail. With the use of sweetened condensed milk, not only is your cake sweeter and milkier but is also enriched with protein and calcium. If you are looking for just the right amount of sweetness after a heavy meal, this cake is the best one to satisfy your taste buds.
Aside from personal consumption, you can also sell these simple cakes for those who would like to practice cake designing.
HOW TO COOK CONDENSED MILK CAKE
Making a condensed milk cake is super easy with just 5 quick steps! The first thing is to prepare the batter by just mixing all the ingredients until they come together into a nice batter. Remember to sift the powders before mixing with the rest of the ingredients to prevent lumps. You can modify the amount of sugar based on how sweet you like your caramel bars to be. We modify the sugar and not the condensed milk since we want to achieve that milky and creamy flavor. When the batter is ready, pour it in a greased pan. I recommend you to use a round pan for that authentic cake vibes. Bake the cake and check if it is cooked up to the core by doing a toothpick test. It is a thick cake and is prone to being half-baked. Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool. You can now eat the cake as it is or use it as a base cake.
This sponge cake has so much potential. It can be as simple as putting some fresh berries and whipped cream on top or adding a fondant for a themed-cake. Enjoy your condensed milk cake and never stop exploring cake flavors!
Condensed Milk CakeCourse: Uncategorized
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup oil
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ cup condensed milk
½ cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, condensed milk, and the powdered sugar. Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder before adding into the bowl. Add the milk little by little until you form a nice and thick cake batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased round baking pan.
- Bake the cake using 180C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the baking pan and let it cool to room temperature.
- Slice the condensed milk cake into serving pieces and enjoy!
Condensed Milk Cake Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 tasa ng harina
- 1 kutsarita ng baking powder
- ½ kutsarita ng baking soda
- ¼ tasa ng mantika
- ¼ tasa ng powdered sugar
- ½ tasa ng condensed milk
- ½ tasa ng gatas
- Sa isang malaking bowl, paghaluhaluin ang mantika, condensed milk at powdered sugar. I-sift ang harina, baking soda at baking powder bago ilagay sa bowl. Ilagay ang gatas ng paunti-unti hanggang makabuo ng malapot na batter.
- Ilagay ang batter sa isang greased na round baking pan.
- I-bake ang cake gamit ang 180C ng 30 minuto.
- Alisin ang cake sa baking pan at hayaan itong lumamig.
- Hiwain ang condensed milk cake sa serving pieces at enjoy!