Chicken Macaroni Salad is a festival dish for Christmas and is really popular in all over Philippines. It is made by mixing cooked macaroni, and shredded cooked chicken breast, carrot, pineapple tidbits, minced white onion, cheese in a creamy sauce made by mayonnaise, all purpose cream, condensed milk. Served chilled and seasoned with sweet pickle, pepper to taste, raisins, and celery
How to Cook Chicken Macaroni Salad
Cooking chicken macaroni salad is pretty simple and straightforward. Being a salad, you would just need to combine the ingredients, toss them and season and they’re ready. But since we’re gonna put some meat on our macaroni salad, there are a few extra steps to do.
First, we need to cook the elbow macaroni. You can just follow the label instruction on how to cook the macaroni salad. Since there will be a lot of tossing in this recipe, you want to make sure that the macaroni stays firm yet al dente when cooking it. So the key is not to overcook the elbow macaroni.
Next is cooking the chicken. I use chicken fillet or chicken breast in this recipe being the leanest part of the chicken. It is easy to shred also. Boil it in a pot of water with a little bit of salt to taste. Let it cool a little then shred into tiny strips.
As for the other ingredients, I prefer my carrot to be blanched, but it is optional. You can put it uncooked if preferred. Pineapple tidbits and raisins add a little bit of sweetness. The celery will give the aroma to the chicken macaroni salad. Adding grated cheese on the top of the diced cheese will make it so cheesy.
And of course, the key ingredient of this chicken macaroni salad is the mayonnaise. My usual ratio for macaroni to mayonnaise is usually 1:1. So if I am gonna use 400grams of macaroni, I’ll be adding 400 grams of mayo also. Adding all-purpose cream also gives more creaminess to the salad. You’ll never go wrong with this recipe!
Chicken Macaroni SaladCourse: Pasta Recipes
400 grams elbow macaroni
400 grams chicken breast
1 cup carrot (diced)
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup all-purpose cream
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cheese (diced)
1 medium white onion (minced)
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 tbsp. celery (finely chopped)
salt & pepper to taste
- First, cook the elbow macaroni. Boil water in a pot. Put salt and oil. Then, add the elbow macaroni. Cook until al dente. Do not overcook. Once cooked, Drain and let it cool. Set aside.
- Boil chicken breast. In a pot, boil water to cook the chicken. Add some salt. Add the chicken breast and cook until tender. Once cooked, let it cool then shred into thin strips. Set aside.
- Blanch the carrots. Boil a little bit of water in a pot. Once boiling, add the diced carrot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. When it’s tender, remove from water, drain and put in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and let it cool. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, shredded chicken, carrot, pineapple tidbits, diced cheese, onion, sweet pickle relish, and celery. Mix to combine.
- Add the mayonnaise and all purpose cream. Mix until well-combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add condensed milk and grated cheese to make it creamer and tastier. Mix until well-combined
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Watch how to cook Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken macaroni salad or chicken noodle salad is popular and delicious. This is a chicken pasta salad with mayo and this is one of the best chicken macaroni salad recipe you can find on the internet. If you are looking for an easy chicken macaroni salad recipe then you have come to the right place since this pasta chicken salad recipe will show you step by step procedure to make chicken salad pasta mayo