Marble potatoes is a scrumptious dish made out of marble potatoes, minced garlic, soy sauce, sugar and sesame seeda fried in oil. This yummy kitchen recipe will guide you how to cook toasted marble potatoes in very easy and simple way. Annyeong! Are you also a K-pop or K-drama fan? South Korea did invade our hearts in a wonderful way.
A lot of Filipinos are surely hooked up with their favorite K-pop group or K-drama series. With the Korean “invasion”, the Korean cuisine also became popular nationwide. A lot of samgyupsal restaurants has risen exponentially. Samgyupsal is the Korean version of barbecue. It is known to be eaten with a lot of side dishes like sweet onions, sweet and spicy leeks, kimchi, steamed egg, braised potataoes and many more. Unli-samgyupsal has been one of the crowds’ favorite dishes as of today.
Since the start of the lockdown, samgyup-at-home was encouraged. People are making their own versions and flavors of the famous samgyupsal. With this, the people are also trying to make the different side dishes that comes with it. Here is a very simple recipe for braised potatoes, one of the most favorite samgyupsal side dishes.
HOW TO COOK BRAISED POTATOES
Ever wondered how the samgyup restaurant never ran out of braised potatoes? Making this sweet and salty braised potatoes will only involve you two steps: frying and braising. And it will only take you just a few minutes. You can actually cook this WHILE cooking the samgyup or even when you are watching your favorite K-drama.
Prepare your potatoes by washing and cleaning the skin. We will leave the skin intact so cleaning the skin will be very important. You can use a separate brush in cleaning the skin. You can actually cut the marble potatoes in half if you prefer. Since I want a big bite of the potatoes, I am leaving it as it is.
First, we fry the potatoes, to make sure that they are cooked before we braise it later. As you fry, the skin of the potatoes will be brown and wrinkly. And that’s a good sign that the potatoes are cooking. If the potatoes passed the fork test, it is now ready for braising. Add the garlic, soy sauce and sugar and stir well to make a sauce. Make sure to coat the potatoes with the sauce as you braise them. When the sauce is super thick and all of it almost sticks to the potatoes, then you are done. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and enjoy it with your favorite samgyup! Happy eating!
Braised PotatoesCourse: Vegetable Recipes
500 grams marble potatoes
oil for frying
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
sesame seeds, toasted
- Brush and wash the marble potatoes well.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the marble potatoes. Cook until fork-tender using low heat. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- After 15 minutes, the skin will become wrinkly. Do the fork test to check tenderness.
- In the same pan, add some minced garlic, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well to coat the marble potatoes with the sauce. Continue cooking for around 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.
- Transfer the braised potatoes into a serving plate and eat side by side with your favorite samgyup. Enjoy!
Braised Potatoes Recipe Tagalog
- 500 grams marble potatoes
- mantika (pangprito)
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 4 kutsara ng toyo
- 4 kutsara ng asukal
- sesame seeds (toasted)
- Ibrush ang balat ng marble potatoes at hugasan ito ng mabuti.
- Magpainit ng mantika sa isang kawali at ilagay ang marble potatoes. Iprito ito gamit ang mababang apoy hanggang maging malambot. Haluin ito para maluto ng pantay.
- Pagkatapos ng 15 minuto, magiging kulubot na ang balat ng marble potatoes. Tignan kung malambot na ito sa gamit ang fork test.
- Sa parehas na kawali, ilagay ang bawang, toyo at asukal. Haluin ito ng mabuti para malagyan ng sauce ang bawat marble potato. Hayaan itong maluto ng 5 minuto hanggang lumapot ang sauce.
- Budburan ang marble potatoes ng toasted sesame seeds.
- Ilipat ang braised potatoes sa isang serving plate. Kainin kasama ng samgyup. Enjoy!